Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Apple] iPhone 7 and 7 Plus announced
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Apple] iPhone 7 and 7 Plus announced - Page 78  

post #771 of 1187
Mmmm, this just demonstrates to me how oversold Android users are on "customization". This is coming from a guy who's daily drive is an LG V10 and an iPhone 6S. The iPhone is just extremely consistent as a workhorse. It has none of the "android lag" or jankiness. Now I happen to like a lot of Android features, which is why I still run both an Android and an iPhone. But if I had a job that required me to constantly use my phone, like if I was running a business... I would definitely choose an iPhone. Without a single doubt either, for running a business an iPhone is 10 times more reliable and consistent than an Android. Not to mention that training staff to use them would be a million times easier.

On the topic of battery life, sorry Android guys but iPhones win again. I have experience with at least a DOZEN Android phones. My most recent ones, LG V10, Samsung Note 5, Samsung S7 Edge, and LG G4 all had a battery around 3,000mah. iPhones consistently outperform them. They simply last longer.

When in use, iPhones have a much better battery life when web browsing/watching video. On idle, you can forget it. iPhones leave Androids in the dust. I really have to applaud Apple's engineering here. Either the hardware or the software does an amazing job of prioritizing resources here. Not to mention that iPhones age much more gracefully than Androids. My V10 is literally on its last legs. I don't blame it though, I am extremely brutal with my phones in usage, but the thing is I put my iPhone through the exact same paces... and it performs almost like new. My V10? Horrible. Snapdragon 808 and 810 were just a terrible generation for Qualcomm imo.

I gotta say that iPhones have really won me over in these last couple of years. I still want an Android, but if I had to choose just one, I'd pick an iPhone.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Asus z87AR R9 290 4GB Sapphire Tri-X Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Black Corsair 240GB SSD Asus crappy drive Windows 8 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 1080p 24" IPS Panel Ducky Shining Red Cherry MX [Blue LED] 700 Watt Cooler Master PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech 502 Proteus Core Steelseries 4HD Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound card 
  hide details  
post #772 of 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

Mmmm, this just demonstrates to me how oversold Android users are on "customization". This is coming from a guy who's daily drive is an LG V10 and an iPhone 6S. The iPhone is just extremely consistent as a workhorse. It has none of the "android lag" or jankiness. Now I happen to like a lot of Android features, which is why I still run both an Android and an iPhone. But if I had a job that required me to constantly use my phone, like if I was running a business... I would definitely choose an iPhone. Without a single doubt either, for running a business an iPhone is 10 times more reliable and consistent than an Android. Not to mention that training staff to use them would be a million times easier.

On the topic of battery life, sorry Android guys but iPhones win again. I have experience with at least a DOZEN Android phones. My most recent ones, LG V10, Samsung Note 5, Samsung S7 Edge, and LG G4 all had a battery around 3,000mah. iPhones consistently outperform them. They simply last longer.

When in use, iPhones have a much better battery life when web browsing/watching video. On idle, you can forget it. iPhones leave Androids in the dust. I really have to applaud Apple's engineering here. Either the hardware or the software does an amazing job of prioritizing resources here. Not to mention that iPhones age much more gracefully than Androids. My V10 is literally on its last legs. I don't blame it though, I am extremely brutal with my phones in usage, but the thing is I put my iPhone through the exact same paces... and it performs almost like new. My V10? Horrible. Snapdragon 808 and 810 were just a terrible generation for Qualcomm imo.

I gotta say that iPhones have really won me over in these last couple of years. I still want an Android, but if I had to choose just one, I'd pick an iPhone.

You lost all you credibility when you said your iPhone 6S has better battery life. I am pretty sure you have never used a Android phone with good battery life before. It does not take much. 6S has horrible battery life. S7 Edge walks all over it in any usage. My old OPO is fast, reliable and does 5 hours SOT. It was only $300. The iPhone it was up against was 5S. My dad has the 5S and OPO blows it out of the water. V10 is such a mediocre phone it's not even funny. 5.7" 1440p,Dual Screen, 3000mah, 808. It was terrible day 1. That generation only Galaxy had decent SOC.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
post #773 of 1187
I have little complaint about my Note 7 after over a month's daily use (other than the obvious one). The screen is simply sensational, the battery life has been improved over my Note 5, the wireless fast-charging is a great addition, the phone remains the ONLY real option for those of us that use a stylus (and it is easily the best stylus implementation I have ever used in any device), the camera is among the top 3 of any smart phone and the dual pixel focus is pretty much as fast as our eyes at focusing, the edge screen is subtler than the previous Edge devices while remaining fully functional, and most importantly, the phone is simply gorgeous in terms of design and build quality (the best looking phone ever made IMO). All that said, Apple certainly makes what I consider to be easily the second best phone of 2016. The SOC is a generation ahead of anything anybody else is making, the efficiency and simplicity of iOS is something Android can't even hope to match, the camera is itself among the best 3 in smart phones, and it also is a very attractive phone (though Apple has always nailed aesthetics on their iPhones)...
post #774 of 1187
Finally got my 7+ after waiting 3 weeks. I'm very happy with the improvements over my old 6+ and the matte black color is great. It's really blazing fast, the camera is great in low light, stereo speakers are loud and clear, and the taptic engine provides really nice feedback. I actually prefer the new solid state home button over the old one. The headphone jack won't be missed as I never used it before, though obviously not everyone feels the same way. I did test the adapter out with a few pairs of headphones and the DAC in it appears to be of good quality. If I had to pick something to complain about, its that not enough apps implement 3D touch in useful ways. This is Apple's 2nd iPhone to include that feature and 3rd party support is still very lacking. Maybe it'll improve when/if Android phones adopt something similar.
Rebirth
(21 items)
 
 
Iconia W700
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200MHz C14 @ 3466MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 NVMe Crucial M500 960GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
34" Samsung CF791 1440p Ultrawide 2x 21.5" Sceptre X226W 1080p 7" Proximus 480p USB Leopold FC980C (45g Topre) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) Logitech G900 Kef Q100 Front Bookshelves 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Teac LS-H265B Surround Bookshelves Micca MB42x Rear Bookshelves Outlaw Ultra-X12 Subwoofer Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Receiver 
Audio
Phillips Fidelio X2 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core m3-6Y30 ASUSTeK UX360CA Intel HD 515 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
256GB Lite-ON SSD Windows 10 x64 13.3" 1080p IPS Bang & Olufsen ICEpower 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i3-3217u Intel HD 4000 4GB DDR3 64GB Toshiba SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 x64 11.6" 1080p Microsoft Wedge 
  hide details  
Rebirth
(21 items)
 
 
Iconia W700
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200MHz C14 @ 3466MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 NVMe Crucial M500 960GB NZXT Kraken X62 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
34" Samsung CF791 1440p Ultrawide 2x 21.5" Sceptre X226W 1080p 7" Proximus 480p USB Leopold FC980C (45g Topre) 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) Logitech G900 Kef Q100 Front Bookshelves 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Teac LS-H265B Surround Bookshelves Micca MB42x Rear Bookshelves Outlaw Ultra-X12 Subwoofer Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Receiver 
Audio
Phillips Fidelio X2 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core m3-6Y30 ASUSTeK UX360CA Intel HD 515 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
256GB Lite-ON SSD Windows 10 x64 13.3" 1080p IPS Bang & Olufsen ICEpower 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i3-3217u Intel HD 4000 4GB DDR3 64GB Toshiba SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 x64 11.6" 1080p Microsoft Wedge 
  hide details  
post #775 of 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

You lost all you credibility when you said your iPhone 6S has better battery life. I am pretty sure you have never used a Android phone with good battery life before. It does not take much. 6S has horrible battery life. S7 Edge walks all over it in any usage. My old OPO is fast, reliable and does 5 hours SOT. It was only $300. The iPhone it was up against was 5S. My dad has the 5S and OPO blows it out of the water. V10 is such a mediocre phone it's not even funny. 5.7" 1440p,Dual Screen, 3000mah, 808. It was terrible day 1. That generation only Galaxy had decent SOC.
But I echo his sentiments. However, it is confirmed that the iPhone 7 has superior battery life compared to the 6S.

If I left the GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth on during the day, my Note 4 would barely get through a days use. Doing the same on my iPhone 7, it easily makes it through a day use.

To add further insult to injury, I made the background on my Note 4 black in order to reduce the battery drain when the screen was on. Because the iPhone 7 uses an IPS LCD, all that matters is screen brightness.

The iPhone 7 is brighter, more powerful, has a battery that is over 1/3 smaller than the Note 4, and the iPhone 7 still crushes the Note 4 on battery life.
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
post #776 of 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

But I echo his sentiments. However, it is confirmed that the iPhone 7 has superior battery life compared to the 6S.

If I left the GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth on during the day, my Note 4 would barely get through a days use. Doing the same on my iPhone 7, it easily makes it through a day use.

To add further insult to injury, I made the background on my Note 4 black in order to reduce the battery drain when the screen was on. Because the iPhone 7 uses an IPS LCD, all that matters is screen brightness.

The iPhone 7 is brighter, more powerful, has a battery that is over 1/3 smaller than the Note 4, and the iPhone 7 still crushes the Note 4 on battery life.

iPhone 7 has a smaller screen and lower resolution than Note 4, mate. And your comparison is weird given the battery of your Note 4 is much older than that of your iP7.

For power users, batteries of iPs downgrade just as fast as Androids. The injury is more severe because iPs tend to have lower capacity batteries.
Edited by blue1512 - 10/1/16 at 8:17am
post #777 of 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue1512 View Post



iPhone 7 has smaller screen and lower resolution than Note 4, mate. And your comparison is weird given the battery of your Note 4 is much older than that of your iP7.

True, but this squashes the notion that a larger battery = better battery life. Also, don't forget that the iPhone actually renders its images at a higher resolution and then downscales it. That's the reason why the iPhone 7 and 7 plus perform the same, even though the 7 plus has a 1080p screen.
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
post #778 of 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

True, but this squashes the notion that a larger battery = better battery life. Also, don't forget that the iPhone actually renders its images at a higher resolution and then downscales it. That's the reason why the iPhone 7 and 7 plus perform the same, even though the 7 plus has a 1080p screen.

Downscale from 920p? Can't compare with 2k res on Note 4, mate.

I do agree that Note 4 is not one of the most energy efficient Androids though.
post #779 of 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue1512 View Post



iPhone 7 has a smaller screen and lower resolution than Note 4, mate. And your comparison is weird given the battery of your Note 4 is much older than that of your iP7.

For power users, batteries of iPs downgrade just as fast as Androids. The injury is more severe because iPs tend to have lower capacity batteries.

I can echo the battery statement comparing the note 5 to an iphone 6 plus and now to iphone 7 plus. The note 5 has to be used in low power mode with wifi/gps/bluetooth disabled and it still won't match either of the large iphones.
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
post #780 of 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiumone View Post

I can echo the battery statement comparing the note 5 to an iphone 6 plus and now to iphone 7 plus. The note 5 has to be used in low power mode with wifi/gps/bluetooth disabled and it still won't match either of the large iphones.

Yep, this comparison is much better. They are Phablets after all.

Still, for ppl who often exhaust the battery, higher capacity is more welcomed. Also, iOS's battery optimization is meaningless when playing demanding games.
Edited by blue1512 - 10/1/16 at 9:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Apple] iPhone 7 and 7 Plus announced