Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Bring the Old School 775 to life!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bring the Old School 775 to life! - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skumfukk View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

In 775 quad cores a Q9400 is the price point currently.
As low as $20 on eBay and they overclock well.

Do you know any information of the xeon performance in 1080p gaming to my requirements ?

I've seen some vids from c2q and do not meet my requirements. So i trying to go up a little bit power like qx9770 or xeon x5482
Sorry, I'm not a gamer.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX6300 Black M5A99X EVO R2.0 Nvidia GTS450 Team Vulcan PC3 12800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO Asus DRW-1608P (x2) Custom Water Cooling Win7 (Ult), Win 8.1 & Win Server 2012 R2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 X Samsung 915N Ducky Shine III, Blue Cherry/Blue LEDs PCP&C 1kw Lian Li PC-71 (W/Window) 
MouseAudio
Logiteck G400s none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Nevermind i just saw now that the e5450 in vid was overclocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

It'll be a good chunk better than stock...I would imagine 3.6GHz minimum on the E5450, perhaps quite a bit more...around 450 (1800) FSB would get you to 4GHz. A more expensive, and higher TDP X5470, mind you, only needs 400 FSB...but better cooling. I would personally get the E5450 w/ 775to771 sticker, and then sell or return your DDR2 and get some 1333 (or even 1600) DDR3, and possibly a decent CPU cooler. With proper cooling, I would definitely bet money the X5470 will have highest maximum overclock on your board, but lots of heat and tweaking to get there. It's your call...E5450 is just the right price to performance ratio...spending on an X5470 is probably not a wise choice, unless you are doing this just for fun and want to see what the maximum performance you can get off this platform is. So basically...if you plan to overclock to the moon and don't really care about budget, X5470, but if you just want something that doesn't need a $100 cooler to overclock, doesn't break the bank, and should still be able to get near 4GHz on your board (maybe not quite)...go with E5450 . Go check out the two major 771 to 775 threads if you haven't...there is loads of help and info over there too. That's pretty much the gist of it right now, I think...X5470 or E5450.

You helped me a lot with this all, and thank you so much. One last thing is left for me to say , i did not buy ddr3 because i got one myself. 2x2gb kingston blue 1600, that not work in this board. It give some bottleneck and i don't figured out why. Everytime i reset or shut down the pc the pc won't boot or post and i have to clear / reset cmos everytime. Not familiar with this kind of problem? I also have tried with another ddr3 800 mhz 2x2gb ram same problem.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skumfukk View Post

Nevermind i just saw now that the e5450 in vid was overclocked.
You helped me a lot with this all, and thank you so much. One last thing is left for me to say , i did not buy ddr3 because i got one myself. 2x2gb kingston blue 1600, that not work in this board. It give some bottleneck and i don't figured out why. Everytime i reset or shut down the pc the pc won't boot or post and i have to clear / reset cmos everytime. Not familiar with this kind of problem? I also have tried with another ddr3 800 mhz 2x2gb ram same problem.

Not sure...might be stupid question, but you aren't trying DDR2 and DDR3 at the same time, right? I doubt you are, but just checking. I am sure you can get some of your DDR3 to run on your board, might just need to go into your BIOS and configure some things manually, such as timings and voltages.
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

Not sure...might be stupid question, but you aren't trying DDR2 and DDR3 at the same time, right? I doubt you are, but just checking. I am sure you can get some of your DDR3 to run on your board, might just need to go into your BIOS and configure some things manually, such as timings and voltages.

I'm getting problems saving anything in bios. When i hit save and exit pof 100% shutdown and when i start just fans spinning no post. Clear cmos and everything setting went to default. Not sure if i put or change the ram settings it will work. If you could help me i can try that one more time
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaoAragao View Post

Do you know any information of the xeon performance in 1080p gaming to my requirements ?

I've seen some vids from c2q and do not meet my requirements. So i trying to go up a little bit power like qx9770 or xeon x5482
Here's an OC'd x5470 with a pair of 980ti's in sli. https://youtu.be/E8Iyeb_PJY4 The person has the 5470 stable @ 4.56Ghz. Also,here's his Firestrike ultra score.http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5696234. Myself, I'm cheaper/less involved. I'm running a e5450 and a gtx950 and it lets me play Witcher 3 on mostly high setting (my monitor IS just under 1080 though- 18XX's by 10XX to fit the tv screen) e5450 @ 3.95GHz with 8Gb 1066mhz Gskills ddr2 ram(4x2Gb)
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuck6566 View Post

Here's an OC'd x5470 with a pair of 980ti's in sli. https://youtu.be/E8Iyeb_PJY4 The person has the 5470 stable @ 4.56Ghz. Also,here's his Firestrike ultra score.http://www.3dmark.com/fs/5696234. Myself, I'm cheaper/less involved. I'm running a e5450 and a gtx950 and it lets me play Witcher 3 on mostly high setting (my monitor IS just under 1080 though- 18XX's by 10XX to fit the tv screen) e5450 @ 3.95GHz with 8Gb 1066mhz Gskills ddr2 ram(4x2Gb)

Hey!! I went for the x5460 and picked up the 612 ver.2 cooler Master cooler. Right now my rams still in customs so I am waiting for it to overclock. Thanks your response. I will be posting here my results. Thanks for everything everyone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Bring the Old School 775 to life!