Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Looking to switch to Intel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking to switch to Intel - Page 7

post #61 of 89
Thread Starter 
http://www.ncix.com/detail/sapphire-nitro-radeon-rx-480-ed-133915.htm?affiliateid=7474144

found this card for a decent price and recommendations on which brand to go with for the RX 480?
post #62 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb123 View Post

http://www.ncix.com/detail/sapphire-nitro-radeon-rx-480-ed-133915.htm?affiliateid=7474144

found this card for a decent price and recommendations on which brand to go with for the RX 480?

The Asus Strix and the XFX have the best built PCB's.

My Nitro RX480 is very cheaply built and I cannot recommend it for several reasons.
post #63 of 89
Whoa guy! You might want to check out this one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150774 Oh wait, are you in Canada?

How long has this rig been together? 3 years or more? I can see why you would want to get something new. But if heat is the issue you can undervolt it and get a little less heat or set it to 1.4 vcore and OC it to 4.5 or so with the same heat output.

Next year there will be new CPUs from both intel and AMD.
Junkyard Dog
(17 items)
 
Blackie
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Nitro Fury G. Skill Ripjaws ddr4 3200 16 GB 4x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD Western Digital 500gb  Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64bit Pixio 27" 1440P yes Seasonic 850 watt  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL05 Evoluent vertical mouse yes Creative X-FI  
Other
Sennheiser headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8370 @ 5 ghz ASUS Sabertooth Sapphire Fury G Skill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Samsung 850 EVO Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win X 64 bit Pixio 27" 1440P  yes Seasonic SS-850KM Active PFC F3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL02b Evoluent VM4 yes Creative Soundblaster Z  
Audio
Sennheiser 428 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Junkyard Dog
(17 items)
 
Blackie
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Nitro Fury G. Skill Ripjaws ddr4 3200 16 GB 4x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD Western Digital 500gb  Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64bit Pixio 27" 1440P yes Seasonic 850 watt  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL05 Evoluent vertical mouse yes Creative X-FI  
Other
Sennheiser headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8370 @ 5 ghz ASUS Sabertooth Sapphire Fury G Skill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Samsung 850 EVO Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win X 64 bit Pixio 27" 1440P  yes Seasonic SS-850KM Active PFC F3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL02b Evoluent VM4 yes Creative Soundblaster Z  
Audio
Sennheiser 428 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 89
Thread Starter 
would my current GPU 6870 still work with the new mobo ? PCI 3.0
post #65 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

Whoa guy! You might want to check out this one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150774 Oh wait, are you in Canada?

How long has this rig been together? 3 years or more? I can see why you would want to get something new. But if heat is the issue you can undervolt it and get a little less heat or set it to 1.4 vcore and OC it to 4.5 or so with the same heat output.

Next year there will be new CPUs from both intel and AMD.

Will the next generation intel CPU's not be on same MOBO chip 1151?
post #66 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRUSH View Post

The Asus Strix and the XFX have the best built PCB's.

My Nitro RX480 is very cheaply built and I cannot recommend it for several reasons.

how does this one look

http://www.ncix.com/detail/xfx-radeon-rx-480-gtr-ab-134349.htm

or

http://www.ncix.com/detail/asus-radeon-rx-480-oc-95-135125.htm
post #67 of 89
If you going to spend that much on a RX480, you better off with GTX1060. Either of these are good.
http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-armor-17-135021.htm
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX63115
Edited by Sp33d Junki3 - 9/26/16 at 10:51am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 4.2Ghz Asus Z77 Sabertooth EVGA GTX1060 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB BLT2K8G3D1608ET... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX100 512GB Corsair Force 115GB WD Green 1TB WD Green 2TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig C1 + XT140 Win7 64 Home SP1 ASUS VE278Q CM Storm Trigger Brown Switch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 NZXT S340 Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad - Speed 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audiotrak Prodigy Cube DAC Edifier S330D 2.1 Speaker Bose AE2 Headphone Superlux 668B Headphone 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech UE 4000 Headphone Sennheiser PC320 Headset MX-4 Thermal Paste (CPU/GPU) 3x 140mm Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200rpm PWM 
OtherOther
1x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B Redux 1200rpm PWM NZXT 2m Sleeved White LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRUSH View Post

Waiting for the next upgrade is one thing if you want that upgrade. Waiting because you think intel will drop the price of their last gen stuff is another. They're a little too stingy for that sadly.

Intel won't drop the prices, but etailers/retailers will be forced to do something to prevent inventory glut. I strongly suspect that there will be at least a temporary oversupply of 6700k CPUs when the 7700k launches, or there may be some deals to move that inventory before the 7700k hits.

Remember the 4790k got below $300 for a bit around the 6700k launch and only came back up afterwards (especially because of 14nm CPU supply shortages). It will get cheaper to get a Skylake.
post #69 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

If you going to spend that much on a RX480, you better off with GTX1060. Either of these are good.
http://www.ncix.com/detail/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-armor-17-135021.htm
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX63115

Keep in mind it's Canadian money...which is different right?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming GSKill TridentZ 3200MHz C14  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850  XSPC Raystorm EK DCP-2.2 Pump Reservoir Combo Alphacool NexXxos XT45 Full Copper 280mm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit Benq GW2750 Logitech G710+ Seasonic Prime 650W Titanium 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 230T Logitech G402 Logitech G240 Soft Astro A10 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R7 1700X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming GSKill TridentZ 3200MHz C14  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 850  XSPC Raystorm EK DCP-2.2 Pump Reservoir Combo Alphacool NexXxos XT45 Full Copper 280mm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit Benq GW2750 Logitech G710+ Seasonic Prime 650W Titanium 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 230T Logitech G402 Logitech G240 Soft Astro A10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmrlordx View Post

Intel won't drop the prices, but etailers/retailers will be forced to do something to prevent inventory glut. I strongly suspect that there will be at least a temporary oversupply of 6700k CPUs when the 7700k launches, or there may be some deals to move that inventory before the 7700k hits.

Remember the 4790k got below $300 for a bit around the 6700k launch and only came back up afterwards (especially because of 14nm CPU supply shortages). It will get cheaper to get a Skylake.

Oh no doubt, but saving $20 on a $50 part is one thing. Saving $20 on a $340 part is another. Devils Canyon is over 2 years old and is still at full price. $340 and $240 at the egg in the states anyway. If you can find a good deal on a part that suits you, grab it. Especially if interested in an intel CPU solution.

This is obviously my opinion and can only go as far as the country I live in of course.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Looking to switch to Intel