Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Any tips for a first timer?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any tips for a first timer? - Page 2

post #11 of 14
Wow that is a huge case! I Think you should do some more Cable management ad maybe remove those stickers IMHO. Anyways the CPU block looks Amazing hope you're happy with the loop smile.gif
post #12 of 14

My case didn't hace hole in the motherboard backplate (for cpu support), so we decided to make one! smile.gif

Why would the case need to have holes for the cpu back plate? The cpu back plate attaches to the back side of the motherboard not the case. I'm confused did you just make a cut out for the backing plate? Did the cpu back plate not fit without a hole being cut out?
Edited by geox19 - 10/7/16 at 10:56am
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee0 View Post

Wow that is a huge case! I Think you should do some more Cable management ad maybe remove those stickers IMHO. Anyways the CPU block looks Amazing hope you're happy with the loop smile.gif

Yeah it is! A bit oldschool, but sturdy as hell smile.gif

The original cable setup was good, but after that i installed extra fans and gpu power and it was a total mess again >biggrin.gif

Yup, after few days i've come to same desicion about the stickers. A bit shame that i don't have additional 5,25" cover around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geox19 View Post


Why would the case need to have holes for the cpu back plate? The cpu back plate attaches to the back side of the motherboard not the case. I'm confused did you just make a cut out for the backing plate? Did the cpu back plate not fit without a hole being cut out?

Hi!
It serves no other reason, but to make it easier to quicly remove cpu block and reallign the backplate for the block. I know it isn't neccessary, but some cases have it and while we were working with the body, we thought 'why not' as it wouldn't affect the strength of the case anyways biggrin.gif (the image shows me drilling holes, but we cleared enough room for the whole block backplate, as you can see from drawing smile.gif )
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by quirosaur View Post

Yeah it is! A bit oldschool, but sturdy as hell smile.gif

The original cable setup was good, but after that i installed extra fans and gpu power and it was a total mess again >biggrin.gif

Yup, after few days i've come to same desicion about the stickers. A bit shame that i don't have additional 5,25" cover around.
Hi!
It serves no other reason, but to make it easier to quicly remove cpu block and reallign the backplate for the block. I know it isn't neccessary, but some cases have it and while we were working with the body, we thought 'why not' as it wouldn't affect the strength of the case anyways biggrin.gif (the image shows me drilling holes, but we cleared enough room for the whole block backplate, as you can see from drawing smile.gif )


Ok yea i was like hmmm I know he didn't bolt the backing plate to the case did he ? It would probably work though for someone missing a back plate as long as they used washers. Man keep those stickers I use to stick every sticker to my case that came with computer parts. Until the day I guess I got old and I won't even stick a license plate sticker over the old one thumb.gif Good job on the modding
Edited by geox19 - 10/7/16 at 3:05pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Any tips for a first timer?