Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [VG24/7] Battlefield 1: The campaign story trailer is live
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[VG24/7] Battlefield 1: The campaign story trailer is live - Page 8

post #71 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

Looks like fun to me....


Look's like it's on the "I'm new to FPS games" difficulty setting.
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSponge View Post

Look's like it's on the "I'm new to FPS games" difficulty setting.

So? Not all of us spend every waking moment gaming. I will freely admit I suck at FPS games but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to play because the game is set up only for pros. To give you an idea of my skill level, I'm slowly working my way through Crysis 1 on Delta and it is so hard! I'm sure guys like you can beat it without even dying but I'm taking it one day at a time (already beat it several times on lower settings). I'm just looking for a fun experience in a WWI setting, not to be killed every 5 minutes! redface.gif
post #73 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

Do i think there should be competition to Steam? Of course not. Competition is the last thing we need. Like you said, Steam is different. So, i agree with you. EA should not try to set up their own store and, instead, be morally constricted to the premise of having to forfeit part of the revenue of THEIR games to VALVE because someone said so.

Regardless, i've heard stories of people who bought games at retail stores and had to use Steam anyway. So, there they are, Valve, forcing people to install their bloatware for, YET, another ONE game!

I don't care about competition. No, I don't think Steam should have a monopoly on online game distribution. But what I had a problem with is a publisher requiring a meaningless program to run their games... Like I said, imagine if every publisher did this... How many publishers are there? Imagine every one of them doing it.

Steam offers games from almost every company. No, I was unaware that buying retail games still requires steam. I don't support that. You should be able to buy a game at the store, have to install no other program besides the game and run it.. but I also feel that if you refuse to use steam at this point you should probably reconsider PC gaming. It's like owning a Playstation and having a problem using the Playstation network.

And I completely forgot Ubisoft has their own program too, because I have never bought a Ubisoft game... and because of that I never will.

I was such a big fan of Crysis that when C3 came out I had no choice but to install Origin or else I couldn't play it and it made me hate EA... It sucks that I may not buy BF1 just because of Origin when I would really like to get it.

Again, why is it necessary? You don't need to install an additional program on console to play it and they are essentially just PCs now.

EA has a website.. companies like this could just require registering on their website for online games and having a profile offering people incentives to buy through their website and incorporate logging into the game for online play and presenting ads in a portion of the menu screen.
post #74 of 119
Not buying a game because it's on uplay, or origin, isn't going to change anything. There are tens of thousands, if not more, who don't care and will buy it anyways. You're in the minority. You're denying yourself the opportunity to play a game based on a minor annoyance that you feel is a "deal breaker". It really isn't. It's not going away, so either a) get over it, or b) go play console games.
post #75 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by defhed View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

Do i think there should be competition to Steam? Of course not. Competition is the last thing we need. Like you said, Steam is different. So, i agree with you. EA should not try to set up their own store and, instead, be morally constricted to the premise of having to forfeit part of the revenue of THEIR games to VALVE because someone said so.

Regardless, i've heard stories of people who bought games at retail stores and had to use Steam anyway. So, there they are, Valve, forcing people to install their bloatware for, YET, another ONE game!

I don't care about competition. No, I don't think Steam should have a monopoly on online game distribution. But what I had a problem with is a publisher requiring a meaningless program to run their games... Like I said, imagine if every publisher did this... How many publishers are there? Imagine every one of them doing it.

Steam offers games from almost every company. No, I was unaware that buying retail games still requires steam. I don't support that. You should be able to buy a game at the store, have to install no other program besides the game and run it.. but I also feel that if you refuse to use steam at this point you should probably reconsider PC gaming. It's like owning a Playstation and having a problem using the Playstation network.

And I completely forgot Ubisoft has their own program too, because I have never bought a Ubisoft game... and because of that I never will.

I was such a big fan of Crysis that when C3 came out I had no choice but to install Origin or else I couldn't play it and it made me hate EA... It sucks that I may not buy BF1 just because of Origin when I would really like to get it.

Again, why is it necessary? You don't need to install an additional program on console to play it and they are essentially just PCs now.

EA has a website.. companies like this could just require registering on their website for online games and having a profile offering people incentives to buy through their website and incorporate logging into the game for online play and presenting ads in a portion of the menu screen.
Steam is DRM, first and foremost. It just has a nice, comprehensive store attached with social features. You're under the impression it's just a store and a digital library. That's exactly why it's necessary.

Origin is the same thing. DRM, store, and digital library, rolled into one. EA is simply big enough to not need Valve. The customers they might potentially lose (including you) are, most likely, not as big of a loss as derived from continuing to have their products on Steam in the long run.

It's fine if you don't want to buy BF1 based on your flawed notion that "only Steam should exist". I'm guessing Andrew Wilson will still sleep at night.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 27ES Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G703 Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP 27ES Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G703 Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSponge View Post

Look's like it's on the "I'm new to FPS games" difficulty setting.

I'd hope that the difficulty was lowered; if that's not the case, then the AI is abysmal.

Aside from visuals, SP looks generic. Cutscene into HOLD THE LINE against dumb as rails respawning enemies.
post #77 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

So? Not all of us spend every waking moment gaming. I will freely admit I suck at FPS games but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to play because the game is set up only for pros. To give you an idea of my skill level, I'm slowly working my way through Crysis 1 on Delta and it is so hard! I'm sure guys like you can beat it without even dying but I'm taking it one day at a time (already beat it several times on lower settings). I'm just looking for a fun experience in a WWI setting, not to be killed every 5 minutes! redface.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardsoup View Post

I'd hope that the difficulty was lowered; if that's not the case, then the AI is abysmal.

Aside from visuals, SP looks generic. Cutscene into HOLD THE LINE against dumb as rails respawning enemies.

In hindsight, the scene that gave me the "easy-mode" impression was obviously a scripted moment. I did find a lot of the British tank crew dialogue cheesy though. I am pretty sure that no matter the war or era, in battle soldier "banter" is a bit more to the point and profane. Having heard support in BF4 say a million times, "stand back, I'm gonna light these bleepity bleepers up!" this feels a bit strange.
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 119
Battlefield has never been known for its SP campaign. CoD OTOH is known for exactly that.

This could change up some things as the BF1 campaign looks amazing at first glance.

BF4 campaign was a major bore - I still haven't beaten it and don't have the M249 yet which is aggravating. Ugh..rolleyes.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

Steam is DRM, first and foremost. It just has a nice, comprehensive store attached with social features. You're under the impression it's just a store and a digital library. That's exactly why it's necessary.

Origin is the same thing. DRM, store, and digital library, rolled into one. EA is simply big enough to not need Valve. The customers they might potentially lose (including you) are, most likely, not as big of a loss as derived from continuing to have their products on Steam in the long run.

It's fine if you don't want to buy BF1 based on your flawed notion that "only Steam should exist". I'm guessing Andrew Wilson will still sleep at night.

I am fully aware Steam is DRM... what I wasn't aware of was retail games requiring Steam because they want to use it for the DRM. But I disagree that EA is making more money by using Origin. I fully believe they would sell significantly more PC games if they were on Steam instead... after all, how much can Steam really take out of each sale?
post #80 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

Steam is DRM, first and foremost. It just has a nice, comprehensive store attached with social features. You're under the impression it's just a store and a digital library. That's exactly why it's necessary.

Origin is the same thing. DRM, store, and digital library, rolled into one. EA is simply big enough to not need Valve. The customers they might potentially lose (including you) are, most likely, not as big of a loss as derived from continuing to have their products on Steam in the long run.

It's fine if you don't want to buy BF1 based on your flawed notion that "only Steam should exist". I'm guessing Andrew Wilson will still sleep at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by defhed View Post

I am fully aware Steam is DRM... what I wasn't aware of was retail games requiring Steam because they want to use it for the DRM. But I disagree that EA is making more money by using Origin. I fully believe they would sell significantly more PC games if they were on Steam instead... after all, how much can Steam really take out of each sale?

I don't know if Steam should be called DRM because the DRM is technically optional. It's used if the game's developer wants to use it, but it's not required. I was under the impression that a lot of games use Steam without DRM. They use it just because it's a popular store. For those games Steam is used to sell it and deliver and install it, but you can technically start those games without the Steam client running. If you bought a game by Paradox for example, you can try looking for its .exe and start it manually without Steam.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [VG24/7] Battlefield 1: The campaign story trailer is live