Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 1060 6GB software compatability check
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 1060 6GB software compatability check

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
My boss just hired a new architect, and they are in need of a new workstation in a very short time, without breaking the bank. This is the list of software he sent me to build the system around. Does anybody see anything here that screams "QUADRO" or am I going to be ok throwing in a 1060 6GB?
planning on 6700k, 32GB, GTX 1060GB


Regularly:

Revit (Autodesk)
AutoCAD (Autodesk)
SketchUp (Trimble)
Rhino (McNeel)
MS Office
Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Adobe Acrobat


Occasionally:

Maxwell Render (Next Limit)


Less Frequently:

AGI32 (Lighting Analysts)
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 3
Depends on if you want the support.
post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanguineDrone View Post

Depends on if you want the support.

Well, I hope we dont end up needing it...

I guess we can always pick up a quadro or FirePro if this doesn't end up doing what we need it to. I think AutoCAD and Photoshop will likely be 85% of the workload, which I have personally used with a 7970s and 980s with no issues. Its the other 15% I am worried about.

Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 1060 6GB software compatability check