Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Formula BOINC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Formula BOINC - Page 15

post #141 of 495
R9-280X's are getting 3 done in 30 minutes with 3 minutes of CPU time each. I think single time was about 15 minutes.
GTX1070's are getting 2 done in 19 minutes with matching CPU usage time. (Gotta make up for that lack of double precision with the CPU)
GTX1080's are getting 3 done in 25 minutes, with matching 25 minutes of CPU time.
post #142 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10esseeTony View Post

R9-280X's are getting 3 done in 30 minutes with 3 minutes of CPU time each. I think single time was about 15 minutes.
GTX1070's are getting 2 done in 19 minutes with matching CPU usage time. (Gotta make up for that lack of double precision with the CPU)
GTX1080's are getting 3 done in 25 minutes, with matching 25 minutes of CPU time.

What drivers are you using for your 280x?

I'm getting around 25 min@3 tasks with the 14.9 drivers...but with more cpu time.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by emoga - 4/7/17 at 8:35pm
post #143 of 495
17.3.3 64 bit, for Windows 10

Could possibly be the CPU clockspeed making some difference too, these times are from 14 core Haswell XEON v3's running at 2.5GHz, hyperthreaded.

I know on Folding@Home, a 1070 will put out about 100K more ppd on a 3.4GHz i7-5820k Haswell as compared to the 2.5GHz Xeon Haswell systems. (Folding uses 100% CPU thread per GTX1070 GPU task.)
Edited by 10esseeTony - 4/7/17 at 9:03pm
post #144 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10esseeTony View Post

17.3.3 64 bit, for Windows 10

Could possibly be the CPU clockspeed making some difference too, these times are from 14 core Haswell XEON v3's running at 2.5GHz, hyperthreaded.

I know on Folding@Home, a 1070 will put out about 100K more ppd on a 3.4GHz i7-5820k Haswell as compared to the 2.5GHz Xeon Haswell systems. (Folding uses 100% CPU thread per GTX1070 GPU task.)

That was on a E5-2670 v1. Its a decent 280x though (1150,1650). Its the only card I don't have underwater but seems to hold its own. I guess I'll stick with these ancient drivers for now. smile.gif
post #145 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoga View Post

That was on a E5-2670 v1. Its a decent 280x though (1150,1650). Its the only card I don't have underwater but seems to hold its own. I guess I'll stick with these ancient drivers for now. smile.gif

I would too considering your getting about 8.1 - 8.3 minutes per WU!!!!!

Best time I've seen yet!

Best I've done is 8.7 minutes/wu. That was on a 7990 doing x2 on the 15.7.1 catalyst drivers. Currently averaging 8.7 on Blackhawk's 2 and 3 but it needs constant attention....

I don't think the 15.7.1 drivers are stable enough to run this consistently.... (I really need to test out those 14.9 drivers again)
post #146 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoga View Post

That was on a E5-2670 v1. Its a decent 280x though (1150,1650).......

Factory clocks on mine, 1020/1500.
post #147 of 495
Something that hasn't been mentioned is that 11 min per task per GPU (1056 mhz, 1.16v, 1500 mem) actually equates to 5 1/2 min per card on the 7990. That still makes these the top performers.thumb.gif
post #148 of 495
Unfortunately I can't test running 2x at once with my 480s (because Windows 10). But my single task at once times are right around the 10 minute mark, 17.2.1 drivers.
i5
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI z77a-g43 MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaw X series 16GB OCZ agility 3 90GB Sandisk Ultra II 240GB Seagate ST4000DM000 
Optical DriveOSCase
None Windows 10 Pro Thor 
  hide details  
Reply
i5
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI z77a-g43 MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaw X series 16GB OCZ agility 3 90GB Sandisk Ultra II 240GB Seagate ST4000DM000 
Optical DriveOSCase
None Windows 10 Pro Thor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 495

I get about 10 minutes on my 480 and 11 min on my 470.  I tried running multiple tasks but the times were much worse, is that a Win 10 issue?

W10 Desktop
(17 items)
 
Linux Desktop
(14 items)
 
Win 10 HTPC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5820k ASRock x99 Extreme 4 GTX-960 GTX-750ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
HD 7850 4 x 4G DDR4 128G Corsair SSD WD 1G  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2G generic CDRW/DVD CM 212 EVO Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft Be Quiet 1000 Antec 305 
Mouse
Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 ASUS M5A97 R2.0 GTX-760 Samsung 2 x 4G Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128G Corsair SSD WD 500G Blue generic CDRW/DVD Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Linux Mint 17.2 ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft XFX 650 
CaseMouse
NZXT 210 Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B93 Gigabyte  EVGA GT 740 FTW Misc DD2-800 2x2G and 2x1G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate  generic  Win 10 Tech Preview 64 bit HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Corsair cx430 Aptevia HTPC IBM 
  hide details  
Reply
W10 Desktop
(17 items)
 
Linux Desktop
(14 items)
 
Win 10 HTPC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5820k ASRock x99 Extreme 4 GTX-960 GTX-750ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
HD 7850 4 x 4G DDR4 128G Corsair SSD WD 1G  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2G generic CDRW/DVD CM 212 EVO Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft Be Quiet 1000 Antec 305 
Mouse
Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 ASUS M5A97 R2.0 GTX-760 Samsung 2 x 4G Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128G Corsair SSD WD 500G Blue generic CDRW/DVD Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Linux Mint 17.2 ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft XFX 650 
CaseMouse
NZXT 210 Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B93 Gigabyte  EVGA GT 740 FTW Misc DD2-800 2x2G and 2x1G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate  generic  Win 10 Tech Preview 64 bit HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Corsair cx430 Aptevia HTPC IBM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #150 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thKor View Post

Something that hasn't been mentioned is that 11 min per task per GPU (1056 mhz, 1.16v, 1500 mem) actually equates to 5 1/2 min per card on the 7990. That still makes these the top performers.thumb.gif

Five and a half minutes per CARD????????

Ya lost me there...

I just can't understand the reference brother.

Best result I'm getting is 8 and 3/4 th's per WU running at 2 per GPU. but it's unstable at those speeds on a 7990 (mine at least but stable on a 7970) 9.5min per WU is the best stable time I can get.
Edited by Egilman - 4/8/17 at 10:07am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net BOINC Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Formula BOINC