Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i7-7700k Temps?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i7-7700k Temps?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I ordered my 7700k on Newegg the day it came out and I'm finally building my PC tomorrow, so I'm excited to try the new 7700k out which will be paired along with the Asus z270 Formula IX.

I hear that the 7700k runs hotter than the 6700k, so I was just curious on what everyone's 7700k temps are with their overclocks.

Also, if you don't mind, what batch numbers and country are your guys' 7700k's from?

Thanks for any info!
post #2 of 17
Either I have a setting wrong or what but my 7700k runs at 5GHz @ 1.310 volts with a high temp of 87*C with my side panel off. With the panel on it hit 90*C. This is with a full custom loop too. 720mm of rad space as well.
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistencelies View Post

Either I have a setting wrong or what but my 7700k runs at 5GHz @ 1.310 volts with a high temp of 87*C with my side panel off. With the panel on it hit 90*C. This is with a full custom loop too. 720mm of rad space as well.

Hmm that's pretty high actually considering you have a custom loop. What's your batch number and country it was made in?

Also what motherboard?
Edited by Omie - 1/10/17 at 8:54pm
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omie View Post

Hmm that's pretty high actually considering you have a custom loop. What's your batch number and country it was made in?

Also what motherboard?
Did not get a picture of it, but I ordered a delid kit so I can tell when it gets here. IX HERO is the mobo. My 4770k never got above 65* under stress tests with same loop.
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistencelies View Post

Did not get a picture of it, but I ordered a delid kit so I can tell when it gets here. IX HERO is the mobo. My 4770k never got above 65* under stress tests with same loop.

Oh ok. I think my mobo has like water cooling or something like that built into the VRM, so maybe I will be able to get lower temps.
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omie View Post

Oh ok. I think my mobo has like water cooling or something like that built into the VRM, so maybe I will be able to get lower temps.
Not sure how that would make it any lower if that. Two 360mm rads are only cooling my cpu and gpu 1080gtx. Some are saying these temps are normal. I dunno lol.
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistencelies View Post

Not sure how that would make it any lower if that. Two 360mm rads are only cooling my cpu and gpu 1080gtx. Some are saying these temps are normal. I dunno lol.

I did some more researching and it appears Kabylake suffers from an issue where the high temps are due to the gap between the IHS and core which is caused by the glue that holds the IHS on.

That's why delidding this CPU gives temp reductions of 20-30 degrees.

This really sucks. I'm thinking about just going with skylake instead now.
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omie View Post

I did some more researching and it appears Kabylake suffers from an issue where the high temps are due to the gap between the IHS and core which is caused by the glue that holds the IHS on.

That's why delidding this CPU gives temp reductions of 20-30 degrees.

This really sucks. I'm thinking about just going with skylake instead now.
why not just delid and enjoy over 5ghz? Hopefully my delid kit will be here by Friday.
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omie View Post

I did some more researching and it appears Kabylake suffers from an issue where the high temps are due to the gap between the IHS and core which is caused by the glue that holds the IHS on.

That's why delidding this CPU gives temp reductions of 20-30 degrees.

This really sucks. I'm thinking about just going with skylake instead now.

Skylake has the same exact issues.

Kabylake is a much better overclocker than Skylake, you would be unwise to go backwards.

You need to actually run your 7700K and see how it performs, then if the temps are too high, simply delid it.
WetBench
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K Asrock Z170M OC Formula 980ti SLI Trident Z - 3600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Corsair 1200i 
Case
Praxis Wetbench 
  hide details  
Reply
WetBench
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K Asrock Z170M OC Formula 980ti SLI Trident Z - 3600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB Custom Water Loop Windows 10 Corsair 1200i 
Case
Praxis Wetbench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknight View Post

Skylake has the same exact issues.

Kabylake is a much better overclocker than Skylake., you would be unwise to go backwards.

You need to actually run your 7700K and see how it performs, then if the temps are too high, simply delid it.

I'm probably never going to delid my CPU. I just don't want to take that risk.

I agree that it would be an unwise move to go backwards and get the 6700k, but I want to know, if Skylake had the same issues, why are Kabylake's temps so much higher than Skylake?

And lastly, do you think Intel may fix the temp issue with Kabylake in later batches? Because if so, I'm debating on just waiting for that.

Or do you think the issue is here to stay until possibly Cannonlake releases?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › i7-7700k Temps?