Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 190

post #1891 of 2824
what is stock pll oc voltage? i think I have auto on my asus mb frown.gif
post #1892 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by D13mass View Post

I have latest bios version. redface.gif Temps yes, little bit smaller.

Hello

Check Digitall Power menu.. its the Cpu Loadline Calibration Control.... this from my Msi Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon one



I never change that from Auto.. as i set 1.290v in the bios and under load the voltage is 1.296v.. that's nice and enough for Rock Solid 5Ghz thumb.gif


Edited by Mr-Dark - 4/15/17 at 3:03pm
Main Rig... 2017
(11 items)
 
 
The White Dark
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 7700k Quad Core OC 5Ghz 1.264v  Asus z270 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI GTX 1080 Gaming-X 8GB Corsair LED 16GB @3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force M.2 Nvme  Corsair H105 + SP120 PWM Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Asus VG24QE 1080p 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer blackwidow chroma  Evga SuperNova 1300G2 NZXT Noctis 450 Black + HUE + 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA... MSI X99A GODlike Gaming Extreme Gaming Intel X99 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming-X 8GB SLI MSI GTX 1070 Gaming-X 8GB SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance led 64GB 8*8GB 2666Mhz Samsung 950 Pro 256GB ( Boot )  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i + SP140 Push/Pull Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Asus PG278Q 2560*1440p 144hz Gsync Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova 1300G + Red Sleeved Cabel's Corsair 780T Black + Nzxt HUe +  Razer Mamba Tournament Edition - Professional G... Corsair Extended pad 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster-Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6700k Skylake @4.7Ghz 1.320v  Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Evga GTX 1070 8GB Superclocked ACX 3.0  Corsair 16GB 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB in Raid 0 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB in Raid 0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i + SP140 white fan's Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64bit Asus PG278Q 2560X1440p 144hz Gsync Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova 1300 G2 Nzxt H440 Plus white  Razer Mamba Tournament Edition XXXL Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig... 2017
(11 items)
 
 
The White Dark
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 7700k Quad Core OC 5Ghz 1.264v  Asus z270 Gaming Pro Carbon MSI GTX 1080 Gaming-X 8GB Corsair LED 16GB @3200Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair Force M.2 Nvme  Corsair H105 + SP120 PWM Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Asus VG24QE 1080p 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer blackwidow chroma  Evga SuperNova 1300G2 NZXT Noctis 450 Black + HUE + 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA... MSI X99A GODlike Gaming Extreme Gaming Intel X99 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming-X 8GB SLI MSI GTX 1070 Gaming-X 8GB SLI 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance led 64GB 8*8GB 2666Mhz Samsung 950 Pro 256GB ( Boot )  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i + SP140 Push/Pull Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Asus PG278Q 2560*1440p 144hz Gsync Razer BlackWidow Chroma Clicky Mechanical Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova 1300G + Red Sleeved Cabel's Corsair 780T Black + Nzxt HUe +  Razer Mamba Tournament Edition - Professional G... Corsair Extended pad 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster-Z 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6700k Skylake @4.7Ghz 1.320v  Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 Evga GTX 1070 8GB Superclocked ACX 3.0  Corsair 16GB 3200Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 256GB in Raid 0 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB in Raid 0 Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110i + SP140 white fan's Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64bit Asus PG278Q 2560X1440p 144hz Gsync Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB Mechanical Gaming 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNova 1300 G2 Nzxt H440 Plus white  Razer Mamba Tournament Edition XXXL Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1893 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by D13mass View Post

I have latest bios version. redface.gif Temps yes, little bit smaller.
You don't need LLC it if using Adaptive.
Edited by wingman99 - 4/15/17 at 3:28pm
post #1894 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

Hello

Check Digitall Power menu.. its the Cpu Loadline Calibration Control.... this from my Msi Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon one



I never change that from Auto.. as i set 1.290v in the bios and under load the voltage is 1.296v.. that's nice and enough for Rock Solid 5Ghz thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13mass View Post

I have latest bios version. redface.gif Temps yes, little bit smaller.[/quote

Well if only little bit then your board is a bit different then z270 msi boards are... i see a 10-15c difference on my board. I own z270 g m7 .

Yep it differs from m7 .... the z170 m5 wont have "digital power " there as i wread on the web.
post #1895 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman99 View Post

You don't need LLC it if using Adaptive.

It depends on your board. Like I said when I was on my Gigabyte board I noticed different behavior on Auto/Standard/High/Turbo. Similarly on my ASUS board I find different LLC behavior too. I think most people have established here if you have an ASUS board, LLC5 is perfect.
post #1896 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580 View Post

It depends on your board. Like I said when I was on my Gigabyte board I noticed different behavior on Auto/Standard/High/Turbo. Similarly on my ASUS board I find different LLC behavior too. I think most people have established here if you have an ASUS board, LLC5 is perfect.
I was talking about Adaptive/Dynamic DVID. So the Vcore according to VID will go up and down according to CPU load.

Example Auto LLC, DVID/Adaptive full load prime95 1.332v, RealBench 1.284v, IDLE ~0.600v. No Vdroop.smile.gif
post #1897 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman99 View Post

I was talking about Adaptive/Dynamic DVID. So the Vcore according to VID will go up and down according to CPU load.

Example Auto LLC, DVID/Adaptive full load prime95 1.332v, RealBench 1.284v, IDLE ~0.600v. No Vdroop.smile.gif

Measuring Vdroop is a lot harder if you allow VID modes. You need to put your CPU at load so the frequency maxes out but not as much load as benchmarking. I typically visit some crappy Flash based website like CNN's video streaming. As it loads it will peg your CPU at a higher usage rate and you can measure the Vcore then. It's a light loading at max speed, and you can compare that Vcore with Vcore under Prime 95. i've found a significant difference. The other easy way is to just turn off C-States and EIST and your vcore won't drop in idle.

This is what I documented on my Z270 Gaming K7.



Notice auto and standard result in a Vdroop of ~0.048V, but in High and Turbo the Load VCore shoots up PAST what I've set. That's dangerous. I've already reported this to Gigabyte and got zero response.
Edited by dmo580 - 4/15/17 at 7:40pm
post #1898 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580 View Post

Measuring Vdroop is a lot harder if you allow VID modes. You need to put your CPU at load so the frequency maxes out but not as much load as benchmarking. I typically visit some crappy Flash based website like CNN's video streaming. As it loads it will peg your CPU at a higher usage rate and you can measure the Vcore then. It's a light loading at max speed, and you can compare that Vcore with Vcore under Prime 95. i've found a significant difference. The other easy way is to just turn off C-States and EIST and your vcore won't drop in idle.

This is what I documented on my Z270 Gaming K7.



Notice auto and standard result in a Vdroop of ~0.048V, but in High and Turbo the Load VCore shoots up PAST what I've set. That's dangerous. I've already reported this to Gigabyte and got zero response.
When using DVID with light loads on Auto LLC is not causing Vdroop that lowers the vcore it is the VID. Example I turnd off all power saving fetures, Auto LLC, DVID/Adaptive full load prime95 1.332v, RealBench 1.284v, IDLE ~1.296v. No Vdroop
Edited by wingman99 - 4/15/17 at 9:20pm
post #1899 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dark View Post

Hello

Check Digitall Power menu.. its the Cpu Loadline Calibration Control.... this from my Msi Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon one



I never change that from Auto.. as i set 1.290v in the bios and under load the voltage is 1.296v.. that's nice and enough for Rock Solid 5Ghz thumb.gif

Unfortunately my MB without "Cpu Loadline Calibration Control" settings
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman99 View Post

You don't need LLC it if using Adaptive.
But for "Adaptive" I have variation of voltage between 1.30-1.38 V even if I setup in bios as 1.33V.
For "Override" I don`t see variation like this.
post #1900 of 2824
Oh BTw, what do you guys use to monitor system stats including CPU temps and other stuff--is there something similar to Motherboard Monitor from back in the day?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]