Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 228

post #2271 of 2931
Thanks guys I was unaware the freebsd and mac os versions were compatible with windows. V26.6 is 32bit im assuming that doesnt matter either

Yes I do use Realbench and just downloaded a version of X264 modified for stability testing.

......Man ANOTHER Corsair K70 keyboard just now died on me out of the blue!!!! madsmiley.png
And somehow it was making my pc do some crazy things cause it was still plugged in (even though its completely dead, no lights no response nothin). My audio went crazy, bios wouldnt respond, then was super slow to respond, had qcode 64 etc.
All seems ok since I unplugged it wth
Edited by sdmf74 - 5/5/17 at 2:32pm
ROGIXBEAST
(29 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K @ 51GHZ ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI classified KingPin edition G Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512gb (OS) Samsung 850 Pro 512gb Samsung 850 evo 1tb WD velociraptor 10kRPM 600gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 2tb LG Blu Ray burner SWIFTECH APOGEE XL ROG CPU BLOCK HARDWARE LABS Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX Dual-Cor... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ALPHACOOL MONSTA RAD 240  EK 980TI K|ngP|n waterblock NB ELOOP & GENTLE TYPHOON AP-29pwm FANS AQUACOMPUTER D5 PWM PUMP W/ BITSPOWER "S" TOP &... 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Win 10 pro 64BIT Asus PG279Q 165hz BenQ XL2420TE 144hz LG 55" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
DUCKY ONE TKL RGB CHERRY MX BLUES EVGA SUPERNOVA 1300G2 W/ Sleeved cables(CARBON) CASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2-tone) Logitech G502 RGB 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Corsair MM200 CH-9000086-WW Extended Edition 7-channel Klipsch Legends/2-channel THX ultra I... Sennheiser G4me Zero h.p. CABLEMOD AURA RF RGB LED Lighting KIT 
Other
Asus ROG front base 
  hide details  
Reply
ROGIXBEAST
(29 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K @ 51GHZ ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI classified KingPin edition G Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512gb (OS) Samsung 850 Pro 512gb Samsung 850 evo 1tb WD velociraptor 10kRPM 600gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 2tb LG Blu Ray burner SWIFTECH APOGEE XL ROG CPU BLOCK HARDWARE LABS Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX Dual-Cor... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
ALPHACOOL MONSTA RAD 240  EK 980TI K|ngP|n waterblock NB ELOOP & GENTLE TYPHOON AP-29pwm FANS AQUACOMPUTER D5 PWM PUMP W/ BITSPOWER "S" TOP &... 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Win 10 pro 64BIT Asus PG279Q 165hz BenQ XL2420TE 144hz LG 55" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
DUCKY ONE TKL RGB CHERRY MX BLUES EVGA SUPERNOVA 1300G2 W/ Sleeved cables(CARBON) CASELABS MERLIN SM8 (2-tone) Logitech G502 RGB 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Corsair MM200 CH-9000086-WW Extended Edition 7-channel Klipsch Legends/2-channel THX ultra I... Sennheiser G4me Zero h.p. CABLEMOD AURA RF RGB LED Lighting KIT 
Other
Asus ROG front base 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2272 of 2931
Username: lolhaxz
CPU Model: 7700K
Base Clock: 101.1MHz
Core Multiplier: 50x
Core Frequency: 5060MHz
Cache Multiplier: 47x
Cache Frequency: 4751MHz
AVX Multiplier: 49x
AVX Frequency: 4954MHz
Vcore in UEFI: 1.350v + 0.027v Offset ( 1.377v )
Vcore: 1.344v-1.360v
FCLK: 1010
Cooling Solution: 2x 360mm EK Coolstream PE, Supremecy Evo Block, EK D5 Pump, 6x Be Quiet 120mm fans
Stability Test: Prime95 28.10, 1 hour non-AVX, 1 hour AVX

1 hour with 1 x AVX thread + 8 non-AVX (2 instances)

^ AVX + Non-AVX combo finds WHEA errors very quickly and will often disprove a overclock thought to be stable due to the constant frequency and VID switching.

Batch Number: L702D112 Malaysia
Ram Speed: 3774MHz 15-15-15-28-300-2T, 65535 TREFI (32GB Kit, F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR, 37ns, 54GB/sec)
Ram Voltage: 1.45 V (fine with the __minor__ risk associated)
VCCIO: 1.128v
VCCSA: 1.248v
Motherboard:Z270 Asus Z270E (BIOS 0906)
LLC Setting: LLC Level 5
Misc Comments:
BCLK Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Current Capability: 120%
CPU Power Phase Control: Extreme
IA AC Load Line: 0.01
IA DC Load Line: 0.01

Cinebench R15: ~1124 / ~222

Non-AVX Prime95 run:
http://iforce.co.nz/i/1pwzhnkx.tfq.jpg

Cinebench R15:
http://iforce.co.nz/i/2wcxrjgv.4be.jpg

AIDA64:
http://iforce.co.nz/i/bw3wecp5.b2v.png


What I find interesting is how touchy stability can be, that Non-AVX is stable at 5.05GHz drooping right down to 1.28v - the only reason I am running a higher voltage is too be able to keep the AVX 1x ratio higher, the CPU will boot into Windows and run "stable" with everything I throw at it 5.15GHz @ 1.376v, however on a Prime95 AVX+non-AVX run I will get approximately 1x WHEA Cache error per hour, but no crashes or other issues (but 1 WHEA is too many for me) - I'm old school Prime95 stable, end of story.

Reading a lot of the posts on this thread seems quite evident there is a possibly alot of people running overclocks that I suspect are far from the peak of stability, ie. like above... but in reality, I suppose it would probably be absolutely fine if I closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears.
Edited by lolhaxz - 5/6/17 at 4:27am
post #2273 of 2931
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolhaxz View Post

Username: lolhaxz
CPU Model: 7700K
Base Clock: 101.1MHz
Core Multiplier: 50x
Core Frequency: 5060MHz
Cache Multiplier: 47x
Cache Frequency: 4751MHz
AVX Multiplier: 49x
AVX Frequency: 4954MHz
Vcore in UEFI: 1.350v + 0.027v Offset ( 1.377v )
Vcore: 1.344v-1.360v
FCLK: 1010
Cooling Solution: 2x 360mm EK Coolstream PE, Supremecy Evo Block, EK D5 Pump, 6x Be Quiet 120mm fans
Stability Test: Prime95 28.10, 1 hour non-AVX, 1 hour AVX

1 hour with 1 x AVX thread + 8 non-AVX (2 instances)

^ AVX + Non-AVX combo finds WHEA errors very quickly and will often disprove a overclock thought to be stable due to the constant frequency and VID switching.

Batch Number: L702D112 Malaysia
Ram Speed: 3774MHz 15-15-15-28-300-2T, 65535 TREFI (32GB Kit, F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR, 36.5ns, 54.5GB/sec)
Ram Voltage: 1.45 V (fine with the __minor__ risk associated)
VCCIO: 1.128v
VCCSA: 1.248v
Motherboard:Z270 Asus Z270E (BIOS 0906)
LLC Setting: LLC Level 5
Misc Comments:
BCLK Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Current Capability: 120%
CPU Power Phase Control: Extreme
IA AC Load Line: 0.01
IA DC Load Line: 0.01

Cinebench R15: ~1124 / ~222

Non-AVX Prime95 run:
http://iforce.co.nz/i/1pwzhnkx.tfq.jpg

Cinebench R15:
http://iforce.co.nz/i/2wcxrjgv.4be.jpg

What I find interesting is how touchy stability can be, that Non-AVX is stable at 5.05GHz drooping right down to 1.28v - the only reason I am running a higher voltage is too be able to keep the AVX 1x ratio higher, the CPU will boot into Windows and run "stable" with everything I throw at it 5.15GHz @ 1.376v, however on a Prime95 AVX+non-AVX run I will get approximately 1x WHEA Cache error per hour, but no crashes or other issues (but 1 WHEA is too many for me) - I'm old school Prime95 stable, end of story.

Reading a lot of the posts on this thread seems quite evident there is a lot of people running overclocks that I suspect are far from the peak of stability, ie. like above... but in reality, I suppose it would probably be absolutely fine if I closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears.
So according to your logic none of the overclocks in the opening post are stable? After 1 hour of OCCT i have never had a bluescreen or had windows update fail due to windows being corrupted due to unstable overclock. Stability is highly subjective.
post #2274 of 2931
Quote:
Originally Posted by scracy View Post

So according to your logic none of the overclocks in the opening post are stable? After 1 hour of OCCT i have never had a bluescreen or had windows update fail due to windows being corrupted due to unstable overclock. Stability is highly subjective.

Not at all - my point was they'll do another 200MHz inside that 99% stable phase and unless your careful about the test method [using multiple tools] it can be extremely easy to get a false positive on stability.

Whilst personally I'd disagree that stability is highly subjective [really, it either is or it isn't] the reality of the situation is that if it's "stable" for your needs then that is acceptable.
post #2275 of 2931
Quote:
Originally Posted by scracy View Post

So according to your logic none of the overclocks in the opening post are stable? After 1 hour of OCCT i have never had a bluescreen or had windows update fail due to windows being corrupted due to unstable overclock. Stability is highly subjective.

Indeed subjective. According to him more than 1 hour RealBench is unnecessary:
Quote:
if you wanna raise the powerconsumption needlessly yeah, i dont think he will need serverlevel stability. Source: /r/overclocking

Bless him helpinghand.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by lolhaxz View Post

Not at all - my point was they'll do another 200MHz inside that 99% stable phase and unless your careful about the test method [using multiple tools] it can be extremely easy to get a false positive on stability.

Whilst personally I'd disagree that stability is highly subjective [really, it either is or it isn't] the reality of the situation is that if it's "stable" for your needs then that is acceptable.

According to Prime95 1 hours is not enough. Your argument is invalid. Stability is subjective.
Quote:
Q) How long should I run the torture test?

A) I recommend running it for somewhere between 6 and 24 hours.
The program has been known to fail only after several hours and in
some cases several weeks of operation. In most cases though, it will
fail within a few minutes on a flaky machine.

Source: https://www.mersenne.org/download/stress.txt

Edited by dirtyred - 5/6/17 at 4:50am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700 K @ 4.7 GHz ASUS Prime Z270-K Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G  G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 940 EVO 256 GB Phanteks PH-TC14PE Windows 10 Pro Dell U2312HM 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Fractal Design Define C Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700 K @ 4.7 GHz ASUS Prime Z270-K Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G  G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 940 EVO 256 GB Phanteks PH-TC14PE Windows 10 Pro Dell U2312HM 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Fractal Design Define C Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2276 of 2931
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyred View Post

Indeed subjective. According to him more than 1 hour RealBench is unnecessary:
Bless him helpinghand.gif
According to Prime95 1 hours is not enough. Your argument is invalid. Stability is subjective.

Not sure who him is? but OK.

My personal opinion on a topic that you deem so strongly to be subjective, is invalid - thanks for the chuckle, as you were.

Not sure that I claimed I was finished with my stability testing?

You can put your guns away, people are allowed opinions that differ from yours, the world will still continue to turn.
post #2277 of 2931
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolhaxz View Post

Not sure who him is? but OK.

My personal opinion on a topic that you deem so strongly to be subjective, is invalid - thanks for the chuckle, as you were.

Not sure that I claimed I was finished with my stability testing?

You can put your guns away, people are allowed opinions that differ from yours, the world will still continue to turn.

Exactly. Don't disregard other people's stability testing methods just because you think something superior. While I know that Prime95 is one of the hardest test for the CPU, even the developer knows that 1 hour is not enough. So don't think that your 1 hour test of Prime95 is superior to others 8 hours of RealBench.

I've given that example because it's from today and shows how subjective this topic is to others. I'm not making fun of him but it makes me smile. From personal experience RB 1 hour is not as hard as Prime95 and it's not enough. But 8 hours should give a pretty decent idea if it's stable or not. Also, RB is much more realistic because of fluctuating load which can cause Vcore to fluctuate even more and making the system hang up or crash.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700 K @ 4.7 GHz ASUS Prime Z270-K Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G  G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 940 EVO 256 GB Phanteks PH-TC14PE Windows 10 Pro Dell U2312HM 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Fractal Design Define C Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700 K @ 4.7 GHz ASUS Prime Z270-K Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G  G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 940 EVO 256 GB Phanteks PH-TC14PE Windows 10 Pro Dell U2312HM 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Fractal Design Define C Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2278 of 2931
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyred View Post

Exactly. Don't disregard other people's stability testing methods just because you think something superior. While I know that Prime95 is one of the hardest test for the CPU, even the developer knows that 1 hour is not enough. So don't think that your 1 hour test of Prime95 is superior to others 8 hours of RealBench.

I've given that example because it's from today and shows how subjective this topic is to others. I'm not making fun of him but it makes me smile. From personal experience RB 1 hour is not as hard as Prime95 and it's not enough. But 8 hours should give a pretty decent idea if it's stable or not. Also, RB is much more realistic because of fluctuating load which can cause Vcore to fluctuate even more and making the system hang up or crash.
So if Im "him" where did I state 1 hour of realbench? Lol
post #2279 of 2931
I did not say that you are the guy from reddit or that you stated 1 hour of RB. Maybe I wasn't clear enough or you misunderstood me. Sorry for that, english isn't my first language. It was just an example from another source to show the subjectivity of this topic. I'm sorry if I upset you or I was disrespectful. Wasn't my intention.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700 K @ 4.7 GHz ASUS Prime Z270-K Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G  G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 940 EVO 256 GB Phanteks PH-TC14PE Windows 10 Pro Dell U2312HM 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Fractal Design Define C Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700 K @ 4.7 GHz ASUS Prime Z270-K Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 6G  G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 940 EVO 256 GB Phanteks PH-TC14PE Windows 10 Pro Dell U2312HM 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic M12II-620 EVO Fractal Design Define C Razer Taipan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2280 of 2931
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyred View Post

I did not say that you are the guy from reddit or that you stated 1 hour of RB. Maybe I wasn't clear enough or you misunderstood me. Sorry for that, english isn't my first language. It was just an example from another source to show the subjectivity of this topic. I'm sorry if I upset you or I was disrespectful. Wasn't my intention.
No worries not upset or offended, all good. Just can't understand the mindset of prime 95 being the only reliable stability test for a modern CPU particularly given most of us here don't need server stability anyway. The fact that in his opinion effectively every CPU in the chart is not stable is somewhat missguided but hey who am I to argue after all stability is highly aubjective.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Kaby Lake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]