Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › OMEN X by HP 35 Curved Gaming Display with NVIDIA G-SYNC Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OMEN X by HP 35 Curved Gaming Display with NVIDIA G-SYNC Thread - Page 59

post #581 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotVeryGood View Post

Yeah - this display was DOA.... what a shame. NEXT!

Still being hopeful. I'll keep purchasing and sending it back if the price keeps lowering, but if they don't start making announcements on what the problem actually is [before my return period] I'll send it back for a full refund...
post #582 of 705
returned mine and reordered. for 900 this is a no brainer. this just makes me think new higher spec moniters are coming out within next 30-60 days. like the 4k144 which if thats the case this going to the wife.
Aurora B
(18 photos)
  
Reply
Aurora B
(18 photos)
  
Reply
post #583 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbravo33 View Post

returned mine and reordered. for 900 this is a no brainer. this just makes me think new higher spec moniters are coming out within next 30-60 days. like the 4k144 which if thats the case this going to the wife.

There is absolutely no chance in hell you are gonna see a 4K 144hz 21:9 panel in that time frame. Also, no hardware can even achieve those frames dude.

Check out TFTcentrals roadmap. 1440p 144hz 21:9 panels are early 2018 for a consumer release..forget 4K
post #584 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotVeryGood View Post

1440p 144hz 21:9 panels are early 2018 for a consumer release..forget 4K

This is all I've been waiting for the past few years. I thought when DP 1.3/1.4 connections were put into GPU's, the monitors would be ready or follow shortly. Guess not.
post #585 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotVeryGood View Post

There is absolutely no chance in hell you are gonna see a 4K 144hz 21:9 panel in that time frame. Also, no hardware can even achieve those frames dude.

Check out TFTcentrals roadmap. 1440p 144hz 21:9 panels are early 2018 for a consumer release..forget 4K

not 4k 21:9, i wish! im talking about the pg27uq. reports of Q2 and Q3 and to be devils advocate how many things on that roadmap actually were released on time? not sure i believe anything anymore unless its sent out by that company. who knew of the Titan Xp coming out?
Aurora B
(18 photos)
  
Reply
Aurora B
(18 photos)
  
Reply
post #586 of 705
Mine just arrived!
post #587 of 705
So what is it at this point that keeps people interested in this panel over the other ultrawides? Almost every professional reviewer has stated the X34's LG panel provides a better overall picture, and this AUO panel has a number of legitimate problems that actually affect gameplay.

In the beginning I understood the choice as more about preference, but now that we've got more reviewers who confirmed frame skipping, GSync flicker, etc, and that these aren't issues that will be fixed anytime, I'm just like "...Wait...Why are people paying $1000 for a panel that does this stuff?"

I legitimately hope that the issues that have been reported can be resolved. I LOVED the style of the panel, as I've explained, but those issues... Heartbreaking

I mean, I'm just not going to keep a product where I have to think "I hope my $1000+ investment doesn't erratically flicker when I'm playing this game I've been looking forward to..."
Edited by Notwist - 4/21/17 at 1:52pm
post #588 of 705
Man I was on the fence and it went down in price $965.48 today on amazon lol
Edited by asmodyus - 4/21/17 at 2:04pm
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5 GHz LGA  Asus Rampage V Extreme Asus Strix GTX1080 Ti OC  16GB Muskin DDR4 PC4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung PM951 512GB M.2 NGFF PCIe Gen3 x4, NVME... SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertica... LG Blu Ray Burner Cooler Master Nepton 280L 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 64-Bit 30" LG W300H ASUS PB258Q Black 25" 5ms WQHD Frameless HDMI W... ASUS PB258Q Black 25" 5ms WQHD Frameless HDMI W... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Levetron Mech 5 EVGA 120-G2-1300-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 1300 W 10 yr Cooler Master Cosmos II LG G602 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5 GHz LGA  Asus Rampage V Extreme Asus Strix GTX1080 Ti OC  16GB Muskin DDR4 PC4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung PM951 512GB M.2 NGFF PCIe Gen3 x4, NVME... SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertica... LG Blu Ray Burner Cooler Master Nepton 280L 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 64-Bit 30" LG W300H ASUS PB258Q Black 25" 5ms WQHD Frameless HDMI W... ASUS PB258Q Black 25" 5ms WQHD Frameless HDMI W... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Levetron Mech 5 EVGA 120-G2-1300-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 1300 W 10 yr Cooler Master Cosmos II LG G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #589 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodyus View Post

Man I was on the fence and it went up in price $965.48 today on amazon


You mean "down" in price?
post #590 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notwist View Post

So what is it at this point that keeps people interested in this panel over the other ultrawides? Almost every professional reviewer has stated the X34's LG panel provides a better overall picture, and this AUO panel has a number of legitimate problems that actually affect gameplay.

In the beginning I understood the choice as more about preference, but now that we've got more reviewers who confirmed frame skipping, GSync flicker, etc, and that these aren't issues that will be fixed anytime, I'm just like "...Wait...Why are people paying $1000 for a panel that does this stuff?"

I legitimately hope that the issues that have been reported can be resolved. I LOVED the style of the panel, as I've explained, but those issues... Heartbreaking

I mean, I'm just not going to keep a product where I have to think "I hope my $1000+ investment doesn't erratically flicker when I'm playing this game I've been looking forward to..."

Plenty of people (myself included) have already tried the Acer X34 and did not like it. This is really our only alternative to it as the PG348Q is the exact same thing but in an Asus skin. Can you link me these reviewers who claim there's frame skipping?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › OMEN X by HP 35 Curved Gaming Display with NVIDIA G-SYNC Thread