Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › OMEN X by HP 35 Curved Gaming Display with NVIDIA G-SYNC Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OMEN X by HP 35 Curved Gaming Display with NVIDIA G-SYNC Thread - Page 64

post #631 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbravo33 View Post

coming from a VA (samsung s34) the colors dont seem to bother me as much. not a deal breaker for me. just picked up a predator xb271hu yesterday to see if i can get use to a 27 inch monitor with the 4k 144 hdr's coming out. will be tough but damn the 165Hz is smooth as hell. the ips has more color than omen but its not night and day. and if color is your thing then hdr in a month or two should trump any ips out now.

144Hz HDR 4K is scheduled for Q3-4, at least 4-5 months out I believe.

I think by virtue of the fact that most high end phone displays from the past few years are IPS LED's that look phenomenal, there is still plenty of room for quality using the current tech. The upcoming 4K panels are also IPS, they just are full array backlit.
post #632 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notwist View Post

144Hz HDR 4K is scheduled for Q3-4, at least 4-5 months out I believe.

I think by virtue of the fact that most high end phone displays from the past few years are IPS LED's that look phenomenal, there is still plenty of room for quality using the current tech. The upcoming 4K panels are also IPS, they just are full array backlit.

These will only be 27" though, we are far away from 4k, ultrawide 32", 144hz monitors. Let alone GPUs that can actually push that.
Baby Blue
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K OC ASUS P8P67 DELUXE EVGA GTX780 Dual Classified Hydro Copper 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M500 960GB 1.5TB Western Digital ASUS 24X XSPC Raystorm CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound Bitspower G1/4 1/2" 3/4" Compression fittings Bitspower Dual D5 Mod 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Ice SR1 480 Rad 2x Black Ice SR1 360 Rad Black Ice SR1 240 2x D5 Vario Pump - Koolance with Bitspower Blue... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phobya Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir FrozenQ Blue Helix Windows 7 64-bit 2 x 27" QX2710 @ 120Hz (2560x1440) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard CORSAIR Gold AX1200i Case Labs TH10 Razer Naga 
AudioOther
Sennheiser PC 350 Scythe Kaze Q-12 5.25" Bay 12 Channel Fan Contr... 
  hide details  
Reply
Baby Blue
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K OC ASUS P8P67 DELUXE EVGA GTX780 Dual Classified Hydro Copper 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M500 960GB 1.5TB Western Digital ASUS 24X XSPC Raystorm CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound Bitspower G1/4 1/2" 3/4" Compression fittings Bitspower Dual D5 Mod 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Ice SR1 480 Rad 2x Black Ice SR1 360 Rad Black Ice SR1 240 2x D5 Vario Pump - Koolance with Bitspower Blue... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Phobya Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir FrozenQ Blue Helix Windows 7 64-bit 2 x 27" QX2710 @ 120Hz (2560x1440) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard CORSAIR Gold AX1200i Case Labs TH10 Razer Naga 
AudioOther
Sennheiser PC 350 Scythe Kaze Q-12 5.25" Bay 12 Channel Fan Contr... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #633 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseg View Post

These will only be 27" though, we are far away from 4k, ultrawide 32", 144hz monitors. Let alone GPUs that can actually push that.

Doesn't have to be ultrawide though. I think many people would have been super happy just to have those 4k 144hz FALD monitors in a 16:9 format IF it was at least 32 inches not a measely 27...
post #634 of 705
So i'm back, i'm using the omen now since Monday and Im really satisfied, you're all complaining about the washed out colors, I had although out of the box washed out colors but after calibration the situation changed dramatically just have a look a this video i took:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txDBjNrASQ8&t=1s

Here fotos before and after

http://imgur.com/a/CIH2v

Nobody is talking about the great black levels of the contrast, my Omen has a contrast ratio 2120.4:1 (129.3 cd/m^2 / 0.061 cd/m^2 ) 99.6RGB you are talking about colors, i prefer strong contrast, how much do u have on Rog or Predator of contrast? this is tft central mesurements luminance (cd/m2) 119 Black Point (cd/m2) 0.11 Contrast Ratio 1090:1.

I love this monitor it's an allorund monitor for Movie gaming and work, i'm not bordered from viewing angles cause i sit always on the front, i like the design and i love the black contrast, here a video i took from The Martian in 4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y19ebf_Gu4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftYV3PhHbOM&feature=youtu.be

the most important thing there is NO BLB AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! I hate that yellow cat piss on the angels.
FLICKERING only if i go under 30fps in loading screen

The Only thing of this AMVA Panels is the input lag that is not so god as IPS gaming pannels like ROG or Predator, but i'm not hardcore gamer and if wuold be one i would get an TN with 1ms 240hz refresh biggrin.gif

Here some fotos

IMG_0198.jpg 643k .jpg file
IMG_0200.jpg 582k .jpg file
IMG_0202.jpg 671k .jpg file
IMG_3545.jpg 196k .jpg file
profile.png 441k .png file
Edited by pakal77 - 4/23/17 at 1:15pm
post #635 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakal77 View Post

So i'm back, i'm using the omen now since Monday and Im really satisfied, you're all complaining about the washed out colors, I had although out of the box washed out colors but after calibration the situation changed dramatically just have a look a this video i took:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txDBjNrASQ8&t=1s

Here fotos before and after

http://imgur.com/a/CIH2v

Nobody is talking about the great black levels of the contrast, my Omen has a contrast ratio 2120.4:1 (129.3 cd/m^2 / 0.061 cd/m^2 ) 99.6RGB you are talking about colors, i prefer strong contrast, how much do u have on Rog or Predator of contrast? this is tft central mesurements luminance (cd/m2) 119 Black Point (cd/m2) 0.11 Contrast Ratio 1090:1.

I love this monitor it's an allorund monitor for Movie gaming and work, i'm not bordered from viewing angles cause i sit always on the front, i like the design and i love the black contrast, here a video i took from The Martian in 4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y19ebf_Gu4&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftYV3PhHbOM&feature=youtu.be

the most important thing there is NO BLB AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! I hate that yellow cat piss on the angels.
FLICKERING only if i go under 30fps in loading screen

Here some fotos

IMG_0198.jpg 643k .jpg file
IMG_0200.jpg 582k .jpg file
IMG_0202.jpg 671k .jpg file
IMG_3545.jpg 196k .jpg file
profile.png 441k .png file

Just a fact that colors are typically better on IPS due to consistent viewing area. That's why IPS panels are used for color work.

If you prefer the extra 1000:1 contrast ratio that's cool. To each their own. Lots of things go into making a panel perform well, and VA panels usually have slightly better rated contrast ratios compared to IPS.
Edited by Notwist - 4/23/17 at 1:11pm
post #636 of 705
I would prefer a perfect panel for 1000 bucks but it does not exist, so u have to buy the best one for what you like more, so i like high black contrast gsync and design, there are only 4 Monitor out there

AGON is horrible AMVA
Rog havy BLB IPS
Predator more BLB than ROG IPS
and the Omen AMVA

there is not much choice atm, there is although samsung and asus but its freesync

Perhaps X34P will be better but stil IPS perhaps with BLB?

The first monitor i think that will be very good but will cost about 1800 is from Asus with 27" 4k 144Hz QDOT IPS HDR thats a dream monitor but 1800 is a lot of money....k
post #637 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakal77 View Post

So i'm back, i'm using the omen now since Monday and Im really satisfied, you're all complaining about the washed out colors, I had although out of the box washed out colors but after calibration the situation changed dramatically just have a look a this video i took:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txDBjNrASQ8&t=1s

Here fotos before and after

http://imgur.com/a/CIH2v
I'm sure it looks different in person but that wallpaper with sunlight in the forest looks like you're losing a ton of detail by just making everything way darker.
post #638 of 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakal77 View Post

I would prefer a perfect panel for 1000 bucks but it does not exist, so u have to buy the best one for what you like more, so i like high black contrast gsync and design, there are only 4 Monitor out there

AGON is horrible AMVA
Rog havy BLB IPS
Predator more BLB than ROG IPS
and the Omen AMVA

there is not much choice atm, there is although samsung and asus but its freesync

Perhaps X34P will be better but stil IPS perhaps with BLB?

The first monitor i think that will be very good but will cost about 1800 is from Asus with 27" 4k 144Hz QDOT IPS HDR thats a dream monitor but 1800 is a lot of money....k

The AOC and HP are identical panels. Exactly the same.

ROG ultrawide and Acer are also identical IPS panels. Identical. The same unit.

BLB is a per unit issue: as posted earlier by me, I had two Omen units with BLB.

The main difference is viewing angles, performance, and whether you prefer IPS glow or VA glow, and if you would rather have slightly darker blacks vs better color reproduction and saturation, among the other differences mentioned previously.

You're right, it ultimately comes to preference. But just want to make sure we aren't spreading bad info: not all Omens are free from BLB, not all IPS panels are awful with BLB. For those on the fence, I still suggest trying both if possible, and asking how much a flickering panel bothers you.
Edited by Notwist - 4/23/17 at 1:54pm
post #639 of 705
exactly that's the clue, BLB on AMVA panel is not the same BLB that u have on IPS, it's different, and flickering is not an issue because it happens only when frames went under 30 fps in loading screens
post #640 of 705
i used 3 color calibrated icc profiles that others used and the colors still look washed out vs ips.

even at a regular distance the corners look desaturated. color calibration is not going to fix that issue.
Corsair Crystal
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I7-6700k GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 3000 MHZ Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200RPM Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer x34 Corsair K-70 Rapidfire  XFX P1-750B-BEFX 750W Corsair Crystal 570x 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM MasterMouse Pro L Corsair MM800 AKG k712 
  hide details  
Reply
Corsair Crystal
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I7-6700k GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 3000 MHZ Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200RPM Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer x34 Corsair K-70 Rapidfire  XFX P1-750B-BEFX 750W Corsair Crystal 570x 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM MasterMouse Pro L Corsair MM800 AKG k712 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › OMEN X by HP 35 Curved Gaming Display with NVIDIA G-SYNC Thread