Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › AMD Ryzen Motherboard Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Ryzen Motherboard Thread - Page 259

post #2581 of 3255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca130 View Post

Alright , thanks for the help.

You're welcome, also since you said the box had a "used" look to it the easiest way to tell would be how the foam padding is attached, its held on by 4 black zip ties 3 near the corners and 1 kinda in-between the VRM heatsink and the Plastic IO cover at the top of the board. If that was missing when you opened the box that would be a bad sign
Mini PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x Gigabyte Gaming 3 AB350M ASUS Radeon 290 Direct CU II OC CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Blue None Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 
PowerCase
Seasonic Flagship Prime Titanium 850 Watt Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x Gigabyte Gaming 3 AB350M ASUS Radeon 290 Direct CU II OC CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Blue None Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 
PowerCase
Seasonic Flagship Prime Titanium 850 Watt Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2582 of 3255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhany View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca130 View Post

Alright , thanks for the help.

You're welcome, also since you said the box had a "used" look to it the easiest way to tell would be how the foam padding is attached, its held on by 4 black zip ties 3 near the corners and 1 kinda in-between the VRM heatsink and the Plastic IO cover at the top of the board. If that was missing when you opened the box that would be a bad sign

I couldn't tell, what is the problem we are looking at?
post #2583 of 3255

Going to start collecting parts for a new build in a few weeks. A black and white theme built around Ryzen.

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rLXvcc

 

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($319.98 @ NCIX US) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG R1 Universal 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Motherboard: MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($289.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($321.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($249.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Thermaltake Core P3 Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  ($120.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic Snow Silent 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($139.98 @ B&H) 
Total: $1512.79

 

Not sure if the ram will work however i think ill take the chance :D 

 

I look forward to reading all of these posts. lol

post #2584 of 3255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlay View Post

Going to start collecting parts for a new build in a few weeks. A black and white theme built around Ryzen.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rLXvcc

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($319.98 @ NCIX US) 

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG R1 Universal 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 

Motherboard: MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($289.88 @ OutletPC) 

Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($321.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($249.99 @ B&H) 

Case: Thermaltake Core P3 Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  ($120.98 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic Snow Silent 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($139.98 @ B&H) 

Total: $1512.79

Not sure if the ram will work however i think ill take the chance biggrin.gif  

I look forward to reading all of these posts. lol
I'd go G.Skill 2x8GB 3200 CL14 instead of 2x16. GL Trying to hit 3200Mhz with that kit. If you need 32GB, go with 4x8GB. Should still have better results than dual rank 16gb sticks. Also, Unless you love the looks of the Titanium, I'd save $50-$100 and go with a Gigabyte K7 or Asrock x370 Taichi or Fatal1ty Pro. The Asrocks currently have mail in rebates at Newegg and you'll also save more cash (about $30) by writing a review and including your serial number.

http://www.asrock.com/events/usretailer/newegg-AM4-Apr/
Edited by DADDYDC650 - 4/9/17 at 12:34am
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2585 of 3255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhany View Post

You're welcome, also since you said the box had a "used" look to it the easiest way to tell would be how the foam padding is attached, its held on by 4 black zip ties 3 near the corners and 1 kinda in-between the VRM heatsink and the Plastic IO cover at the top of the board. If that was missing when you opened the box that would be a bad sign

Those are luckily there and again thanks for the help
post #2586 of 3255
I have had problems with motherboards before but I have never seen some of the stuff I'm seeing with the Asus Crosshair VI. Everything I though I knew no longer applies and what I have learned is not replicatable. Just gonna get it to where it will boot and continue on with my build. I don't hear many other people saying anything about the problems with this board but man it's not like the last Crosshair I owned. I honestly don't think they ASUS/AMD will be able to fix it. Great CPU if it just worked, great MB if it just worked. Really don't know where to place fault.. Oh well.

Could be my fault because I bought parts before launch like my ram. But I figured GSkill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR would work. Not the fastest ram but very stable ram. Timings are a little tight at C15-16-16-35 but not no where near the tightest ram I've bought. Already have my block but when I tried the initial boot I knew that I have better just put an air cooler on it until I got a boot and some stability. Most aggravating system I've ever seen. I did have problems with Z170 and x99 but nothing like this. I've really never seen it being left up to the community to find a stable BIOS but I guess this is a whole new process. Really kinda seems like Asus just turned their backs on Ryzen as far as official support goes. Don't know what to feel about this. Pretty flustered with the whole deal right now. Maybe by the time I get my case mods done and the dual loop built it will be better. I bet the number of these boards getting RMAd is crazy high. I, at first, could not even get the BIOS to flash and it won't flash without the CPU and the BIOS renamer. You have to use the renamer, you just cant rename it yourslef and I haven't seen this posted yet. When my new ram arrives next week I will have almost $500 in ram for this board. But I can use the ram in other builds I guess. Just venting a little tonight, first time I've spoken of my problems with this CPU/MB but man it has some issues.
post #2587 of 3255
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19DELTASNAFU View Post

I have had problems with motherboards before but I have never seen some of the stuff I'm seeing with the Asus Crosshair VI. Everything I though I knew no longer applies and what I have learned is not replicatable. Just gonna get it to where it will boot and continue on with my build. I don't hear many other people saying anything about the problems with this board but man it's not like the last Crosshair I owned. I honestly don't think they ASUS/AMD will be able to fix it. Great CPU if it just worked, great MB if it just worked. Really don't know where to place fault.. Oh well.

Could be my fault because I bought parts before launch like my ram. But I figured GSkill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR would work. Not the fastest ram but very stable ram. Timings are a little tight at C15-16-16-35 but not no where near the tightest ram I've bought. Already have my block but when I tried the initial boot I knew that I have better just put an air cooler on it until I got a boot and some stability. Most aggravating system I've ever seen. I did have problems with Z170 and x99 but nothing like this. I've really never seen it being left up to the community to find a stable BIOS but I guess this is a whole new process. Really kinda seems like Asus just turned their backs on Ryzen as far as official support goes. Don't know what to feel about this. Pretty flustered with the whole deal right now. Maybe by the time I get my case mods done and the dual loop built it will be better. I bet the number of these boards getting RMAd is crazy high. I, at first, could not even get the BIOS to flash and it won't flash without the CPU and the BIOS renamer. You have to use the renamer, you just cant rename it yourslef and I haven't seen this posted yet. When my new ram arrives next week I will have almost $500 in ram for this board. But I can use the ram in other builds I guess. Just venting a little tonight, first time I've spoken of my problems with this CPU/MB but man it has some issues.

Try using all even number timings on your ram, I can't recall if it was AMD or a Motherboard manufacture said that even number timings work better on this platform. I actually replaced a Crosshair VI with the Professional Gaming I'm using now, no issues on my new board.
Mini PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x Gigabyte Gaming 3 AB350M ASUS Radeon 290 Direct CU II OC CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Blue None Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 
PowerCase
Seasonic Flagship Prime Titanium 850 Watt Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini PC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800x Gigabyte Gaming 3 AB350M ASUS Radeon 290 Direct CU II OC CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Blue None Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 
PowerCase
Seasonic Flagship Prime Titanium 850 Watt Node 804 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2588 of 3255
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post


I'd go G.Skill 2x8GB 3200 CL14 instead of 2x16. GL Trying to hit 3200Mhz with that kit. If you need 32GB, go with 4x8GB. Should still have better results than double sided 16gb sticks. Also, Unless you love the looks of the Titanium, I'd save $50-$100 and go with a Gigabyte K7 or Asrock x370 Taichi or Fatal1ty Pro. The Asrocks currently have mail in rebates at Newegg and you'll also save more cash (about $30) by writing a review and including your serial number.

http://www.asrock.com/events/usretailer/newegg-AM4-Apr/

 

White and black build so id like to stick with the Titanium. As it has more white then the Taichi. However I am open to suggestions.

 

How is the ASRock X370 Killer?


Edited by ozlay - 4/8/17 at 5:57pm
post #2589 of 3255
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlay View Post

White and black build so id like to stick with the Titanium. As it has more white then the Taichi. However I am open to suggestions.

How is the ASRock X370 Killer?
MSI Titanium looks silver to me. I've seen it in a white case. Still looks nice.

As for RAM, go with a 2x8GB or 4x8GB G.Skill 3200Mhz CAS 14 kit. RGB or not, doesn't matter. At this moment, only 2 sticks can run at 3200Mhz CL14 at this time.
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2590 of 3255
This is some important info if anyone hasn't seen it.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1625647/ddr4-for-ryzen/70#post_25984436

And chew has dual rank 32g running @3200 on tiachi if you read a bit farther.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › AMD Ryzen Motherboard Thread