Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › AMD Ryzen Motherboard Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Ryzen Motherboard Thread - Page 264

post #2631 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlay View Post

Biostar X370GT3 Micro?

Nope. Spec sheet says xfire not sli. This one I would pass on.
post #2632 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by yendor View Post


Nope. Spec sheet says xfire not sli. This one I would pass on.

 

Indeed the second 16x slot is a pcie 2.0 4x. which is odd considering it is an x370. I wonder why they made it an x370 if it only has one 16x slot. So much wasted PCIE lanes?


Edited by ozlay - 4/9/17 at 5:56pm
post #2633 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19DELTASNAFU View Post

1001. It's sorta ok at stock. Now when I enter any timings the board cycles through about a dozen codes and then posts to the default settings. Ughhh.

Ryzen has a very specific, annoying, and long training cycle. Small steps as you oc the ram seem to work better. Chew* posted his method which cut down the wait, worth the time to look for.
post #2634 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by yendor View Post



Ryzen has a very specific, annoying, and long training cycle. Small steps as you oc the ram seem to work better. Chew* posted his method which cut down the wait, worth the time to look for.

Yea it does, they are however getting much much faster, the test BIOSes for Asus are making it post a bit faster, from what i hear x99 also has a very slow post time, my z97 was instant.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2635 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlay View Post

Indeed the second 16x slot is a pcie 2.0 4x. which is odd considering it is an x370. I wonder why they made it an x370 if it only has one 16x slot. So much wasted PCIE lanes?

I don't see it on sale anywhere. Might not exist outside of marketing department. Larger players manage to do this from time to time.
post #2636 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code-Red View Post

Wasn't intended to be snarky toward you in particular (my apologies if it came off that way), but the industry in general. I'm sick and tired of these overpriced glitter boxes. I want a machine that works, and that looks minimal. Absolutely NO aib's at all stepped up to the plate during the Ryzen launch which really put sand in my crotch, if you catch my drift.

Plan was always to buy the board, ensure it worked when overclocked to 4Ghz, used my TridentZ RGB B-die ram at 3200 (which I'll be turning the LED's off ASAP), and be good and happy that my machine isn't lighting up my room during late nights of gaming.

RGBs can be glitter boxes if you have it on different settings. My friend has a computer that has an ambient white light in his case (and some parts) that is not too flashy, and quite pleasing. It's all in a matter of how you do it. He likes to showcase it a little. That's fine for him.

I get that there are some people that don't prefer any aesthetics, just a plain black box of computer. However, many AIB's won't heavily consider much to make more stuff without RGB, let alone LEDs in general. This especially includes the higher end boards. You'd be used to seeing lower to mid-range boards have a simpler look. Those who prefer any type of LEDs are in the majority. So manufacturers will make more product with such. I'm semi in the same boat, which is why at the end of the day, I opted for the MSI Carbon. It's not flashy, and has minimal LED lights, which probably won't even be seen all that much anyway, and a full black board, which is simple, yet still sleek. I wouldn't have minded the Biostar board either, as the flag pattern doesn't bother me at all. Most of it will be hidden anyway.

I'm not knocking your preference on this. I understand it. Some RGB heavy builds I have seen are worthy of an eye roll or two. Although, I wouldn't go as far as plasti-dip myself to hide the board. biggrin.gif
Ultrima RPX56
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600X @stock MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Edition 16GB (2x8GB) Team Dark Pro 3200MHz DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB ADATA SX8000 NVMe SSD HP dvd1265i 24X Cryorig H7 Windows 10/Mageia 6 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH232H Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G3 Sharkoon M25-W 
Mouse
Cougar Revenger 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 870 EVGA P55V AMD Radeon HD 7870 6GB 1333MHz DDR3 (4GB+2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
240GB SanDisk SSD Plus Lite-On iHAS124 DVD+/-RW Mageia 5.1 Compaq MV520 15" CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SK-2800C Diablotek PMD 650W Compaq Presario 7478 case from 2000 Corsair Gaming M45 
  hide details  
Reply
Ultrima RPX56
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600X @stock MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Edition 16GB (2x8GB) Team Dark Pro 3200MHz DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB ADATA SX8000 NVMe SSD HP dvd1265i 24X Cryorig H7 Windows 10/Mageia 6 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH232H Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G3 Sharkoon M25-W 
Mouse
Cougar Revenger 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 870 EVGA P55V AMD Radeon HD 7870 6GB 1333MHz DDR3 (4GB+2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
240GB SanDisk SSD Plus Lite-On iHAS124 DVD+/-RW Mageia 5.1 Compaq MV520 15" CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SK-2800C Diablotek PMD 650W Compaq Presario 7478 case from 2000 Corsair Gaming M45 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2637 of 3243
Any rumors of the MSI's "M" line-up. My patience is near the end but at this time I still do not want to buy a Pro Carbon. Would like an M5 like from the Z270 lineup for example.
everyday rig
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 rev. 3.0 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 be quiet! pure rock 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB Windows 7 Asus VW190DE Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
everyday rig
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 rev. 3.0 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 be quiet! pure rock 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB Windows 7 Asus VW190DE Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2638 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhek0 View Post

Any rumors of the MSI's "M" line-up. My patience is near the end but at this time I still do not want to buy a Pro Carbon. Would like an M5 like from the Z270 lineup for example.

I was holding out for the possibility of an M7 of some sort, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. So I am not holding my breath for that. I could be wrong though.
Ultrima RPX56
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600X @stock MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Edition 16GB (2x8GB) Team Dark Pro 3200MHz DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB ADATA SX8000 NVMe SSD HP dvd1265i 24X Cryorig H7 Windows 10/Mageia 6 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH232H Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G3 Sharkoon M25-W 
Mouse
Cougar Revenger 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 870 EVGA P55V AMD Radeon HD 7870 6GB 1333MHz DDR3 (4GB+2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
240GB SanDisk SSD Plus Lite-On iHAS124 DVD+/-RW Mageia 5.1 Compaq MV520 15" CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SK-2800C Diablotek PMD 650W Compaq Presario 7478 case from 2000 Corsair Gaming M45 
  hide details  
Reply
Ultrima RPX56
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600X @stock MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Edition 16GB (2x8GB) Team Dark Pro 3200MHz DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
256GB ADATA SX8000 NVMe SSD HP dvd1265i 24X Cryorig H7 Windows 10/Mageia 6 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH232H Logitech G510 EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G3 Sharkoon M25-W 
Mouse
Cougar Revenger 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 870 EVGA P55V AMD Radeon HD 7870 6GB 1333MHz DDR3 (4GB+2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
240GB SanDisk SSD Plus Lite-On iHAS124 DVD+/-RW Mageia 5.1 Compaq MV520 15" CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq SK-2800C Diablotek PMD 650W Compaq Presario 7478 case from 2000 Corsair Gaming M45 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2639 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post

RGBs can be glitter boxes if you have it on different settings. My friend has a computer that has an ambient white light in his case (and some parts) that is not too flashy, and quite pleasing. It's all in a matter of how you do it. He likes to showcase it a little. That's fine for him.

I get that there are some people that don't prefer any aesthetics, just a plain black box of computer. However, many AIB's won't heavily consider much to make more stuff without RGB, let alone LEDs in general. This especially includes the higher end boards. You'd be used to seeing lower to mid-range boards have a simpler look. Those who prefer any type of LEDs are in the majority. So manufacturers will make more product with such. I'm semi in the same boat, which is why at the end of the day, I opted for the MSI Carbon. It's not flashy, and has minimal LED lights, which probably won't even be seen all that much anyway, and a full black board, which is simple, yet still sleek. I wouldn't have minded the Biostar board either, as the flag pattern doesn't bother me at all. Most of it will be hidden anyway.

I'm not knocking your preference on this. I understand it. Some RGB heavy builds I have seen are worthy of an eye roll or two. Although, I wouldn't go as far as plasti-dip myself to hide the board. biggrin.gif

Thats exactly what i did, my nzxt h440 light is white and so is my evga gtx 1060, so the only RGB is the 1700's stock cooler and looks awesome when its just one thing imo.
Ryzen 1700
(8 items)
 
Steve
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.8@1.248 Asrock Killer x370 SLI/AC EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6gb Gskill ripjaws 3200 cas 16 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Seagate firecuda 1tb AMD Wraith Spire RGB EVGA 650 GQ NZXT H440 Matte Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 1700
(8 items)
 
Steve
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.8@1.248 Asrock Killer x370 SLI/AC EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6gb Gskill ripjaws 3200 cas 16 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Seagate firecuda 1tb AMD Wraith Spire RGB EVGA 650 GQ NZXT H440 Matte Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2640 of 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post

I was holding out for the possibility of an M7 of some sort, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. So I am not holding my breath for that. I could be wrong though.

More boards are coming. Any manufacturer who didn't step up because of demand would be leaving money on the table for the competition.

I keep wandering over to manufacturer web sites hoping to see my unicorn board. Ah well. There's always pizza.

Gigabyte has the first a320 board out? Asrock with a new b350? Both priced at ~70 us on the egg.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › AMD Ryzen Motherboard Thread