Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › VRM on the new AM4 motherboards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VRM on the new AM4 motherboards - Page 143

post #1421 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarathKasun View Post

Id dare say I would put it into my recommended list for the quad cores, especially if you can pick it up for under $70 like I was able to.

Had to bump vcore up a hair to 1.38v to get AVX Linpack stable at 3.8ghz, all temps still well within margin though.
Motherboard sensors are maxing out around 60c and the CPU is solid at 65c.

Under AVX Linpack load Im seeing ~65A on the cores and ~25A on the SOC. This is well within spec for the VRM.

This is hands down the simplest MB/CPU/RAM combo when it comes to setting up a 24/7 OC, perfect for a primary 'has to work and be cheap' type of system.

The GSkill Fortis 2133 15-15-15-15-35 kit hit 2933 w/o hassles @ 1.35v, though I am on VERY safe timings of 20-20-20-20-40. I can go back and start testing at lower timings, but if the performance gain is not there Im just going to put it back to where it is. *update* 2933 18-18-18-18-38 seems fine so far.

At the end of the day, $285 US for a 3.8ghz/2933mhz setup isn't bad by any measure.

Yah if you can find clearance deals or sales the b350s are great. $70-80 and you can have a bunch of fun...i was stuck on one for weeks when g5 took a dive and mobo supplies were limited.
post #1422 of 1994
So who's up for the challenge of getting all boards Total Vcore current at 60ºC ?

Let's just assume manufacturers did OK with everything in the circuit and get an estimation.thumb.gifbiggrin.gif
post #1423 of 1994
Im up for the challenge of abusing all boards but thats about it...almost have all the ones that are worth having.

Need to rma one but after that and the biostar arrives...

Only thing left is to get an msi on the cheap to see which dies cold first...my junky 1700x or the board.

Gonna be a tough call lol..
post #1424 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by virpz View Post

No, they displayed indeed the IR3555M. More likely mistyping from my part thumb.gif

I was asking about the GTN, not the GT7. wink.gif
post #1425 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

Im up for the challenge of abusing all boards but thats about it...almost have all the ones that are worth having.

Need to rma one but after that and the biostar arrives...

Only thing left is to get an msi on the cheap to see which dies cold first...my junky 1700x or the board.

Gonna be a tough call lol..

I got the itch on that GT7, resist I will.

I was going to wait for the next bios update on my Taichi to try harder but anyways... I got refclk to 123Mhz but can't get it stable at all after the 4G mark. Any inputs on that ?

I beat the MSI will die first due to a battery explosion:D
post #1426 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by br0da View Post

I was asking about the GTN, not the GT7. wink.gif

Yes, it looks small:p



It is 4+3 phase, had a guy from germany confirming it had 4x SM4377 / 8xSM4364A . Ill leave it blank until we can have a actual picture of it.
post #1427 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by virpz View Post

Yes, it looks small:p



It is 4+3 phase, had a guy from germany confirming it had 4x SM4377 / 8xSM4364A . Ill leave it blank until we can have a actual picture of it.

That is pretty potent for an ITX board.
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
Reply
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1428 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarathKasun View Post

That is pretty potent for an ITX board.
Looking for information in China... Biostar is looking good again.thumb.gif

Edit: Definitely not Sinopower fets. Vishay TrenchFets maybe ?
Edited by virpz - 5/2/17 at 11:34pm
post #1429 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by virpz View Post

I got the itch on that GT7, resist I will.

I was going to wait for the next bios update on my Taichi to try harder but anyways... I got refclk to 123Mhz but can't get it stable at all after the 4G mark. Any inputs on that ?

I beat the MSI will die first due to a battery explosion:D

Pretty much for 24/7 118-120 is the sweet spot for all boards..some can hit much higher but not at what i consider "stable"

Chipset is a factor. Cpu is a factor pll is a factor. temps are a factor.

Running cold as i have been complicates things. Theres a chart floating around showing memory controller scaling or plummeting shall i say based on temps.

Bsod from cold boot anyone? Now you know why. Also know why im on phase now. Doing imc research. Part of it may be cache related...coaxed my 1400 to 3100...my 1700 was not hearing it no matter what..

Most of these cpus top out around 4025-4050 in real stability...many cant even get there.

Scale with cold...not with volts. Lose ability to clock ram...the gain is negated for the most part especially in "realworld" stability.

In other news...i finally got the k7 to hit 80c on a fanless vrm..still alive.
Edited by chew* - 5/3/17 at 12:17am
post #1430 of 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

Pretty much for 24/7 118-120 is the sweet spot for all boards..some can hit much higher but not at what i consider "stable"

Chipset is a factor. Cpu is a factor pll is a factor. temps are a factor.

Running cold as i have been complicates things. Theres a chart floating around showing memory controller scaling or plummeting shall i say based on temps.

Bsod from cold boot anyone? Now you know why. Also know why im on phase now. Doing imc research. Part of it may be cache related...coaxed my 1400 to 3100...my 1700 was not hearing it no matter what..

Most of these cpus top out around 4025-4050 in real stability...many cant even get there.

Scale with cold...not with volts. Lose ability to clock ram...the gain is negated for the most part especially in "realworld" stability.

In other news...i finally got the k7 to hit 80c on a fanless vrm..still alive.

Yep. I cant get 50mhz over 3800 with ~1.4V while 3800 only takes ~1.35v. You can tell that its a low power focused process, makes me wonder what is going to happen with further revisions to the node.
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
Reply
μRyzen
(12 items)
 
Mini Box
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen R5 1400 MSI B350M Gaming Pro Zotac GTX 670 4GB G.SKILL FORTIS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
WD Green 3tb Wraith Stealth Windows 10 Debian 8.7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
ViewSonic VX-2257-8 Chinese backlit mechanical Kingwin 850w Chinese laser optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asus AM1I-A EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC 2x4GB DDR 3 1333 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › VRM on the new AM4 motherboards