Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › VRM on the new AM4 motherboards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VRM on the new AM4 motherboards - Page 154

post #1531 of 2008
newb question: is llc for asrock taichi in reverse, like level 5 being the tightest which correspond to level 1 for like ch6?
post #1532 of 2008
Its backwards yes 1 strongest 5 weakest...and they changed something in 2.2 vs 1.94a.

Now I was @ 1.4125 llc 4 OCP off 53.3 On die termination (odt).

Soc,vddp was not necessary but i jacked it up to match the worst case scenario board vs board compare i am doing.

Does not take me very long to figure out what has changed in a board.

I have been doing this for so long it just comes naturally.
post #1533 of 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

I have been doing this for so long it just comes naturally.

yeah, i was also wondering what came with the update 2.2.
thanks, chew*
post #1534 of 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

Its backwards yes 1 strongest 5 weakest...and they changed something in 2.2 vs 1.94a.

Now I was @ 1.4125 llc 4 OCP off 53.3 On die termination (odt).

Soc,vddp was not necessary but i jacked it up to match the worst case scenario board vs board compare i am doing.

Does not take me very long to figure out what has changed in a board.

I have been doing this for so long it just comes naturally.

So, you are telling me that the latest bios is not only about the agesa string ?cheers.gif

I see you noticed something different to the LLC . What was that ?
post #1535 of 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtomatoes View Post

yeah, i was also wondering what came with the update 2.2.
thanks, chew*

Np dont use ocp off btw...its rather a bad thing to do for a real daily rig
post #1536 of 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by virpz View Post

So, you are telling me that the latest bios is not only the agesa string ?cheers.gif

I see you noticed something different to the LLC . What was that ?

They added a redundant memory tuning page with retry counts for am4 training. You will find ODT there.

Added some temp peak protection @ 75c thing at bottom of monitoring or i overlooked it before.

I disabled it.

I can set manual timings now vs xmp...setting ref clock does not completely reset everything...just vcore vdimm mem settings.

Previously i was running llc 1 1.4v...no clue but now its way to aggressive on my board.will have to remeasure socket to confirm.

I can boot 3600 but did not have my "bench drive with maxx mem" plugged in so it obviously would not boot my base win 10 install.

It is an improvement but will have to make sure they did not break 32g DR dimm operation.
Edited by chew* - 5/4/17 at 7:20pm
post #1537 of 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

They added a redundant memory tuning page with retry counts for am4 training. You will find ODT there.

Added some temp peak protection @ 75c thing at bottom of monitoring or i overlooked it before.

I disabled it.

I can set manual timings now vs xmp...setting ref clock does not completely reset everything...just vcore vdimm mem settings.

Thanks ! thumb.gif

ODT is a welcome adition.
AM4 tranning/peak protection, errrr
post #1538 of 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by virpz View Post

Thanks ! thumb.gif

ODT is a welcome adition.
AM4 tranning/peak protection, errrr

ODT 53.3 i recommend as a baseline...up for cold...

Am4 training is normal been there all along. Just now you can change retry counts from 5 to 1 or more if you want to aggravate yourself

Peak protection specified motherboard temps 75c.

Some things i do you should not do.
Edited by chew* - 5/4/17 at 7:24pm
post #1539 of 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by virpz View Post

Thanks ! thumb.gif

ODT is a welcome adition.
AM4 tranning/peak protection, errrr

Training more could be good. Training less is unlikely to ever improve results. Patience is something in short supply on the other side of most monitors...
post #1540 of 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

Np dont use ocp off btw...its rather a bad thing to do for a real daily rig
keep ocp for daily oc. got it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › VRM on the new AM4 motherboards