Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club - Page 634

post #6331 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwrath View Post

How do you think 2933 mhz does at CL12? Just curious if anyone knew im new to ddr4. Will I see a difference in gaming? How does it stack up against 3200 mhz?

I can do 2933 12-12-12-12-1T on the B-dies. 3200 will still beat it as Fabric constitutes to a much larger performance increase than timings. At least for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofhonor View Post

Well well well...



Played it safe and bumped the voltage to 1.4, VTT to .7, and SOC up by .25, but it boots!

First time I've seen 3200. Now to see if my CL can get back to 16...

Hmm. Is that the first time to run 3200? Well, looks like some new pattern is appearing gentlemen. thumb.gif
post #6332 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

I can do 2933 12-12-12-12-1T on the B-dies. 3200 will still beat it as Fabric constitutes to a much larger performance increase than timings. At least for now.
Hmm. Is that the first time to run 3200? Well, looks like some new pattern is appearing gentlemen. thumb.gif

And then I restarted and it refused to post. Lol fun while it lasted.

Ideas? Cl back down to 18, stock all the others.

Ryzen Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700X ASRock Killer SLI/ac Sapphire R9 380  G.Skill Trident Z 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Chroma EVGA Supernova GS 650W NZTX S340 Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse Pad
Razer Firefly Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700X ASRock Killer SLI/ac Sapphire R9 380  G.Skill Trident Z 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Chroma EVGA Supernova GS 650W NZTX S340 Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse Pad
Razer Firefly Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6333 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

They can be easily run out of spec given the Voltage and/or by programming the timings to relaxed states. Some just can't though. Micron chips for example hates Voltages past 1.35 but accepts timings down to CAS 10 @ 2666.
I don't use Auto Voltage for that matter. biggrin.gif

But hey, this platform seems to really undervolt when left to Auto anyway (at least that's what it show on software). Prime example is VSOC. Leave that to Auto and you will get like, 0.8V biggrin.gif
Yes, on my Prime VSoC on Auto is 0.881V. What I did notice is that gets changed to 0.931V with the TPU I setting that boosts main CPU clock to 3.775 Ghz. The TPU II setting boosts main CPU clock to 3.825 Ghz and puts VSoC at 0.996V in Auto. That TPU II setting for VSoC is what gave me a clue that if I wanted to run at 3.8 Ghz all cores, full load, that I would need to put VSoC in manual and somewhere around 0.96V. That is what I have set now.
post #6334 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofhonor View Post

Well well well...



Played it safe and bumped the voltage to 1.4, VTT to .7, and SOC up by .25, but it boots!

First time I've seen 3200. Now to see if my CL can get back to 16...


I saw this post and instantly restarted my PC to give those exact settings a go, no dice same 5x boot loop this asrock killer does.

Either my 16 18 18 38 ripjaws are trash (likely) or my CPU's imc is legit broken heh.

Edit: You are on bios 1.7 also aye?
Ryzen 1700
(8 items)
 
Steve
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.8@1.248 Asrock Killer x370 SLI/AC EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6gb Gskill ripjaws 3200 cas 16 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Seagate firecuda 1tb AMD Wraith Spire RGB EVGA 650 GQ NZXT H440 Matte Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 1700
(8 items)
 
Steve
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.8@1.248 Asrock Killer x370 SLI/AC EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6gb Gskill ripjaws 3200 cas 16 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Seagate firecuda 1tb AMD Wraith Spire RGB EVGA 650 GQ NZXT H440 Matte Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6335 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofhonor View Post

And then I restarted and it refused to post. Lol fun while it lasted.

Ideas? Cl back down to 18, stock all the others.


Hmm weird.

Also have you tried offset voltage overclocking? I have found it works best on this killer board. With 3800 multi the 3125 offset number loads in windows at 1.248v, been rock solid for me for almost a week.
Ryzen 1700
(8 items)
 
Steve
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.8@1.248 Asrock Killer x370 SLI/AC EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6gb Gskill ripjaws 3200 cas 16 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Seagate firecuda 1tb AMD Wraith Spire RGB EVGA 650 GQ NZXT H440 Matte Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen 1700
(8 items)
 
Steve
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.8@1.248 Asrock Killer x370 SLI/AC EVGA GTX 1060 SSC 6gb Gskill ripjaws 3200 cas 16 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Seagate firecuda 1tb AMD Wraith Spire RGB EVGA 650 GQ NZXT H440 Matte Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6336 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofhonor View Post

And then I restarted and it refused to post. Lol fun while it lasted.

Ideas? Cl back down to 18, stock all the others.


there is an auto rule in agesa blocking lower than cas 18 at 2933 and up with DUAL RANK.

Try 2666 divider and blck.
post #6337 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofhonor View Post

And then I restarted and it refused to post. Lol fun while it lasted.

Ideas? Cl back down to 18, stock all the others.


Well, I'd save a previous Stable settings into a Profile Slot first before doing RAM Tweaks. Just so you can get back to previous Profile when it fails.

Revert to Default Settings > Reboot
Load the previous Profile > Adjust RAM Speeds, Timings, Voltages > Save to a Profile again. Reboot to Windows.

I wouldn't hesitate giving VSOC a bump and giving the RAM more relaxed timings. They don't seem to matter os of yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Myers View Post

Yes, on my Prime VSoC on Auto is 0.881V. What I did notice is that gets changed to 0.931V with the TPU I setting that boosts main CPU clock to 3.775 Ghz. The TPU II setting boosts main CPU clock to 3.825 Ghz and puts VSoC at 0.996V in Auto. That TPU II setting for VSoC is what gave me a clue that if I wanted to run at 3.8 Ghz all cores, full load, that I would need to put VSoC in manual and somewhere around 0.96V. That is what I have set now.

Why do you use TPU? biggrin.gif
post #6338 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty99 View Post

I saw this post and instantly restarted my PC to give those exact settings a go, no dice same 5x boot loop this asrock killer does.

Either my 16 18 18 38 ripjaws are trash (likely) or my CPU's imc is legit broken heh.

Edit: You are on bios 1.7 also aye?

Well it doesn't want to boot anymore for me so not sure what's going on. Did get to 1731 on @3.9ghz on Cinebench... twas glorious.


And now I stare the the BIOS while trying to create the cocktail of settings that let me boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty99 View Post

Hmm weird.

Also have you tried offset voltage overclocking? I have found it works best on this killer board. With 3800 multi the 3125 offset number loads in windows at 1.248v, been rock solid for me for almost a week.

I have it set to Pstate overclocking right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

there is an auto rule in agesa blocking lower than cas 18 at 2933 and up.

Try 2666 divider and blck,.

Well currently 18 isn't working anymore either. My board can't do blck.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Well, I'd save a previous Stable settings into a Profile Slot first before doing RAM Tweaks. Just so you can get back to previous Profile when it fails.

Revert to Default Settings > Reboot
Load the previous Profile > Adjust RAM Speeds, Timings, Voltages > Save to a Profile again. Reboot to Windows.

I wouldn't hesitate giving VSOC a bump and giving the RAM more relaxed timings. They don't seem to matter os of yet.
Why do you use TPU? biggrin.gif

I'll try 1.1v SOC and see what happens.

Edit- nope.
Edited by lightofhonor - 3/26/17 at 9:43pm
Ryzen Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700X ASRock Killer SLI/ac Sapphire R9 380  G.Skill Trident Z 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Chroma EVGA Supernova GS 650W NZTX S340 Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse Pad
Razer Firefly Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700X ASRock Killer SLI/ac Sapphire R9 380  G.Skill Trident Z 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Chroma EVGA Supernova GS 650W NZTX S340 Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse Pad
Razer Firefly Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6339 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Well, I'd save a previous Stable settings into a Profile Slot first before doing RAM Tweaks. Just so you can get back to previous Profile when it fails.

Revert to Default Settings > Reboot
Load the previous Profile > Adjust RAM Speeds, Timings, Voltages > Save to a Profile again. Reboot to Windows.

I wouldn't hesitate giving VSOC a bump and giving the RAM more relaxed timings. They don't seem to matter os of yet.
Why do you use TPU? biggrin.gif
I don't. I just investigated it since I had never seen it before in a BIOS. Observed its effects and put some of that information into my manual settings.
post #6340 of 11717
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofhonor View Post


Edit- nope.

Try this,

Boot and Revert Back to BIOS Defaults > Boot back to BIOS.
Load known OC Setting and Memory at 2666 first. > Reboot to BIOS.
Load 2933 RAM with the right settings. > Boot to BIOS.
Load 3200 RAM.

As long as you don't fail to boot with settings up to 2933, you might have a chance at 3200. Training seems a hit and miss for this platform. I loaded 3400 setting on mine and can't get mine to post.

Loaded 3200 first and boom. wink.gifthumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club