Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club - Page 793

post #7921 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrache View Post

is there any x.265 stressing packages out there?

and to add to this line of thinking, x.264 stress testing only does "ONE" encode; I never did look, and I will now - can we just edit the batch for two encodes at once?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Do you happen to know of an app that does X265 encoding for hours with a simpler UI than say Handbrake and can last for hours? biggrin.gif

I have to force Overkill Mode at 12X on HWbot's bench tool to make it run longer.

Download the 1GB 4K footage file from here, or you can save it directly from the spoiler link: http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html

(RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS FILE/SAVE LINK AS...) http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_2160p_60fps_stereo_abl.mp4

Open Handbrake, select the downloaded file, make sure output size is 3840x4320. Set codec to "H.265" on the Video tab, and set encoder preset to "VerySlow".

When you run it, it may take a few hours depending on how many cores you've enabled in the BIOS and your overclock. To make the test as a whole last longer, feel free to open multiple instances of Handbrake and start more encodes. That will slow down the total time like the H.265 benchmark as you will be running encoding in parallel. Also the multiple instances need to have different output names otherwise you'll have a filename clash. You can read the same file in parallel just fine.

If you want you could also use Medium with more Handbrake instances, or use VerySlow with less Handbrake instances. Or you could have VerySlow and more, they'll affect how long the tests run for. Also a failure in an encode is usually shown by the encode suddenly finishing (like it was at 40%, then the next minute it is suddenly finished), or Handbrake crashing.

I'm not a programmer but I think a batch file for the Handbrake CLI (Command Line Interface) is possible. Only problem with the .bat would be no GUI indication of encoding failure.
Edited by Desolutional - 4/5/17 at 8:22am
post #7922 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Stayin' at 3200 with 4 Sticks (Click to show)

Things may have improved for this board. thumb.gif

Whats the ram voltage at? I have the same board and running my ram at 2933 12-12-12-34 1.4 V original bios.
Sacred Flame
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 8 core @ 3965 mhz 1.38 vcore 24/7 Asus Crosshair Hero 6 EVGA Geforce 1080ti FE, Hybrid AIO, 2012 mhz GSkill Trident RGB@3500mhz 14-14-14-14-34 1.4v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
960GB ultra ii SSD / 2TB Seagate Blu ray/DVD Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 43 inch IPS 4K Rosewill Quark 1200w NZXT Phantom 820 
  hide details  
Reply
Sacred Flame
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 8 core @ 3965 mhz 1.38 vcore 24/7 Asus Crosshair Hero 6 EVGA Geforce 1080ti FE, Hybrid AIO, 2012 mhz GSkill Trident RGB@3500mhz 14-14-14-14-34 1.4v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
960GB ultra ii SSD / 2TB Seagate Blu ray/DVD Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 43 inch IPS 4K Rosewill Quark 1200w NZXT Phantom 820 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7923 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorr View Post

Do you guys get seemingly random temperature spikes reported in-software when idle?

My Tdie maxes out at about 52c on an 1800x (NH-D15S cooler) when running OCCT or IBT.

But just letting the system sit idle, I'll see random temps spikes as high as 58c, for a brief moment, before more-or-less instantly plumetting back down to ~30c.

On a GA-X370-K7, btw.

Seems a little high. What voltages are your running? This is me idling with this page open and lightroom minimized. Does fluctuate, but only like 10c.

Ryzen Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700X ASRock Killer SLI/ac Sapphire R9 380  G.Skill Trident Z 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Chroma EVGA Supernova GS 650W NZTX S340 Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse Pad
Razer Firefly Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700X ASRock Killer SLI/ac Sapphire R9 380  G.Skill Trident Z 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Chroma EVGA Supernova GS 650W NZTX S340 Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse Pad
Razer Firefly Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7924 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightofhonor View Post

Seems a little high. What voltages are your running? This is me idling with this page open and lightroom minimized. Does fluctuate, but only like 10c.

Stock voltages all around.

It may just be a motherboard thing, but it's annoying, primarily because it means my fans are constantly ramping up and ramping down.

Believe me, your fans going from 800rpm to 1500rpm for a few seconds 2 - 3 times per-minute is obnoxious. tongue.gif
post #7925 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorr View Post

Stock voltages all around.

It may just be a motherboard thing, but it's annoying, primarily because it means my fans are constantly ramping up and ramping down.

Believe me, your fans going from 800rpm to 1500rpm for a few seconds 2 - 3 times per-minute is obnoxious. tongue.gif

Raise the threshold then. That way it doesn't ramp, or ramps slowly, until 55-60c.

I have the opposite problem smile.gif my board only reports temps between 35-65 pretty much, and it's never really what Tdie or Tctl reports. So I have it ramp up pretty dramatically starting at 40c, but that can be as high as 60c Tdie.
Ryzen Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700X ASRock Killer SLI/ac Sapphire R9 380  G.Skill Trident Z 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Chroma EVGA Supernova GS 650W NZTX S340 Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse Pad
Razer Firefly Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700X ASRock Killer SLI/ac Sapphire R9 380  G.Skill Trident Z 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD BPX Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ornata Chroma EVGA Supernova GS 650W NZTX S340 Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
Mouse Pad
Razer Firefly Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7926 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwrath View Post

Whats the ram voltage at? I have the same board and running my ram at 2933 12-12-12-34 1.4 V original bios.

I started from 1.55V and maintained stability testing till 1.45V. I left it running 16 instances of HCI Memtest just a while ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolutional View Post


Download the 1GB 4K footage file from here, or you can save it directly from the spoiler link: http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html

(RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS FILE/SAVE LINK AS...) http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_2160p_60fps_stereo_abl.mp4

Open Handbrake, select the downloaded file, make sure output size is 3840x4320. Set codec to "H.265" on the Video tab, and set encoder preset to "VerySlow".

When you run it, it may take a few hours depending on how many cores you've enabled in the BIOS and your overclock. To make the test as a whole last longer, feel free to open multiple instances of Handbrake and start more encodes. That will slow down the total time like the H.265 benchmark as you will be running encoding in parallel. Also the multiple instances need to have different output names otherwise you'll have a filename clash. You can read the same file in parallel just fine.

If you want you could also use Medium with more Handbrake instances, or use VerySlow with less Handbrake instances. Or you could have VerySlow and more, they'll affect how long the tests run for. Also a failure in an encode is usually shown by the encode suddenly finishing (like it was at 40%, then the next minute it is suddenly finished), or Handbrake crashing.

I'm not a programmer but I think a batch file for the Handbrake CLI (Command Line Interface) is possible. Only problem with the .bat would be no GUI indication of encoding failure.

Thanks buddy.

Still at least +75MHz OC from IBT Stable Voltage. wink.gif
I am now trying to come up with a test that can force it to remain running without a shut down even if IBT AVX Very High can't pass.

This thing seldom crahes when Memory and Cache are tuned right. Black screen and failure to post is the main issue even when tests passes just fine.
post #7927 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

I started from 1.55V and maintained stability testing till 1.45V. I left it running 16 instances of HCI Memtest just a while ago.

So your stable at 1.45 then? Not bad. This Gigabyte K7 is a pretty nice board so far I gotta admit. Im still waiting on my corsair bracket for water cooling and seeing what I can get OC wise ( 4 ghz - 4.1 ghz ).

Wicked ram setup you got, you gonna run 1.45 V 24/7 or back it down you think? I was thinking about running my 1.4V ram 24/7 but not sure. biggrin.gif
Sacred Flame
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 8 core @ 3965 mhz 1.38 vcore 24/7 Asus Crosshair Hero 6 EVGA Geforce 1080ti FE, Hybrid AIO, 2012 mhz GSkill Trident RGB@3500mhz 14-14-14-14-34 1.4v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
960GB ultra ii SSD / 2TB Seagate Blu ray/DVD Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 43 inch IPS 4K Rosewill Quark 1200w NZXT Phantom 820 
  hide details  
Reply
Sacred Flame
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 8 core @ 3965 mhz 1.38 vcore 24/7 Asus Crosshair Hero 6 EVGA Geforce 1080ti FE, Hybrid AIO, 2012 mhz GSkill Trident RGB@3500mhz 14-14-14-14-34 1.4v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
960GB ultra ii SSD / 2TB Seagate Blu ray/DVD Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 64 bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 43 inch IPS 4K Rosewill Quark 1200w NZXT Phantom 820 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7928 of 11578
Is there really any benefit to buying a 1800x over a 1700? (non x)?

Once overclocked, their performance is equal. The 1700 even runs 20c cooler at the same clock.

To me; the 1800x seems utterly obsolete. I mean you barely even get to O/C it. So you lose that "fun" too.?

Can anyone change my mind, or am I 'spot on'?
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7929 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpeyton View Post

Is there really any benefit to buying a 1800x over a 1700? (non x)?

Once overclocked, their performance is equal. The 1700 even runs 20c cooler at the same clock.

To me; the 1800x seems utterly obsolete. I mean you barely even get to O/C it. So you lose that "fun" too.?

Can anyone change my mind, or am I 'spot on'?

From what I understand it's not really 20c cooler, the 1700x/1800x are just reporting their temps wrong?
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7930 of 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpeyton View Post

Is there really any benefit to buying a 1800x over a 1700? (non x)?

Once overclocked, their performance is equal. The 1700 even runs 20c cooler at the same clock.

To me; the 1800x seems utterly obsolete. I mean you barely even get to O/C it. So you lose that "fun" too.?

Can anyone change my mind, or am I 'spot on'?

1800x is guaranteed 4ghz. 1700 is not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club