Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 304

post #3031 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

Except if you are like @Alucardis666 and have a cpu/mobo combo worth $2,000 and are using it just for gaming and only have 1 1080ti. In that case I actually WOULD recommend getting a 5775c/z97/another 1080Ti, and a ultrawide 21:9 g-sync for the same price thumb.gif

mad.gif

I SAID DON'T TEMPT ME!!!
post #3032 of 10615
I only use max voltage for over clocking and card is running very cool. If cooling is sufficient I would not be too worried about it.
post #3033 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooRules View Post

I only use max voltage for over clocking and card is running very cool. If cooling is sufficient I would not be too worried about it.

Im running a 1080 hyrbid kit on my 1080ti with the original shroud still on, so basically how gamersnexus did it. The VRM and VRAM modules are being cooled by the stock fan while the die is being cooled with the AIO. Would it still be wise to overvolt? My GPU doesnt go above 51c at full load.
post #3034 of 10615
At 51c you are already subject to throttling. Adding voltage would likely just make it worse.
post #3035 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addsome View Post

How much would the life of the card be reduced by when using 1.093V?
Guides online say to turn Vsync on instead of fast sync in the Nvidia control panel. Whats the difference?
input lag is less with fast sync. both are better than v-sync off, though. I read a bunch on this topic, but the jyst of it is what I said. There are no advantages to v-sync on vs fast but there are advantages to Fast vs On.
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3036 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addsome View Post

How much would the life of the card be reduced by when using 1.093V?
Guides online say to turn Vsync on instead of fast sync in the Nvidia control panel. Whats the difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

mad.gif

I SAID DON'T TEMPT ME!!!
sorry, man. You have the Epeen trophy, though. And I was just playin about gaming only. You may be editing or doing work or rendering or whatever that may use all those cores. And your screenshots are epic if your OSD is on with all those threads. And your physics score in Firestrike is Bossmode...
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3037 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

input lag is less with fast sync. both are better than v-sync off, though. I read a bunch on this topic, but the jyst of it is what I said. There are no advantages to v-sync on vs fast but there are advantages to Fast vs On.

So I have a 100hz G-Sync monitor. Currently I have G-Sync and Vsync enabled in control panel and have my frames locked at 98 using rivatuner or 96 if the game allows in game limiting. Should I change my Vsync on to Fast Sync and leave everything else the same for a better experience?
post #3038 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addsome View Post

So I have a 100hz G-Sync monitor. Currently I have G-Sync and Vsync enabled in control panel and have my frames locked at 98 using rivatuner or 96 if the game allows in game limiting. Should I change my Vsync on to Fast Sync and leave everything else the same for a better experience?
yes, although you may not notice it much b/c how you have it is already great. imo fast is better, though. I feel no input lag at all and i notice input lag of any kind. It's a curse lol. And there is never tearing which is my least favorite glitchy thing. Also, v-sync is a small perf hit whereas fast isnt
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3039 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

yes, although you may not notice it much b/c how you have it is already great. imo fast is better, though. I feel no input lag at all and i notice input lag of any kind. It's a curse lol. And there is never tearing which is my least favorite glitchy thing. Also, v-sync is a small perf hit whereas fast isnt

I never did understand why using vsync or fast sync when you already have gsync and frames limited to under your refresh rate helps the smoothness?
post #3040 of 10615
Gentlemen, I'm in!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club