Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 341

post #3401 of 10805
Two 1080p monitors, one 60hz, the other 144hz. I'll unplug one at a time and see if it makes a difference. Thanks.
post #3402 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost240 View Post

Two 1080p monitors, one 60hz, the other 144hz. I'll unplug one at a time and see if it makes a difference. Thanks.

Also check your windows power plan. If it's set to high performance your GPU and CPU will stay clocked. This happens to me after exiting SteamVR with my Vive, it doesn't change the power plan back.
post #3403 of 10805
Okay, from a UL standpoint, nail polish IS NOT OKAY because it's flammable, the opposite of what ul looks for, flame resistant material.

I would have used circuit board RTV instead, that's what it's made for!

Use RTV DAMN IT!

You remember EVGA VRM blowing up? You want nail polish around that if it happened?
Edited by SlimJ87D - 4/3/17 at 3:35pm
post #3404 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Okay, from a UL standpoint, nail polish IS NOT OKAY because it's flammable, the opposite of what ul looks for, flame resistant material.

I would have used circuit board RTV instead, that's what it's made for!

Use RTV DAMN IT!

You remember EVGA VRM blowing up? You want nail polish around that if it happened?

Oh damn, that guy fudged up I guess ? devil.gif
post #3405 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost240 View Post

I notice that my 1080 Ti won't idle down to 138Mhz or whatever at idle. It's stuck at 1544Mhz with no load. This same thing happened with m y outgoing 970. I did a fresh install of the drivers and it seemed fine at first but now it went back to doing it. Anyone seen this before and have a solution? Thanks.

Do you have any program running on the background ? Some programs will use gpu power for its UI. There is also a Nvidia bug has not been fix for the last 3 generations was if you are using more than 2 monitors , it wont clock down to 138mhz in idle.
post #3406 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Okay, from a UL standpoint, nail polish IS NOT OKAY because it's flammable, the opposite of what ul looks for, flame resistant material.

I would have used circuit board RTV instead, that's what it's made for!

Use RTV DAMN IT!

You remember EVGA VRM blowing up? You want nail polish around that if it happened?
People have been using nail polish to isolate on circuit boards and chips for a long time. Really not an issue as long it is allowed to dry. thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asrock x99 OCF V3.1 One of many Kingston HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Asus Bluray Custom Water Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus VG248QE EVGA P1200 Mountain Mods Extended Custom U2-UFO  Mad Catz R.A.T 5 
Mouse PadAudio
steelseries M-Audio BX5a DLX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k Asrock x99 OCF V3.1 One of many Kingston HyperX Predator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO Asus Bluray Custom Water Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus VG248QE EVGA P1200 Mountain Mods Extended Custom U2-UFO  Mad Catz R.A.T 5 
Mouse PadAudio
steelseries M-Audio BX5a DLX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3407 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyui View Post

Do you have any program running on the background ? Some programs will use gpu power for its UI. There is also a Nvidia bug has not been fix for the last 3 generations was if you are using more than 2 monitors , it wont clock down to 138mhz in idle.

Nothing running in the background. I went into Nvidia control panel and set the power management to adaptive. It was set ti performance. I rebooted and now it's idling fine.
Edited by Boost240 - 4/3/17 at 3:51pm
post #3408 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbheagan View Post

Honestly i am a bit anxious too messing around with liquid metal on such an expensive card. But i am surely not the first one using conductonaut directly on the die, GPU or CPU. Reviews say you surely get a few degrees less from it, so i want to try it. Wish me luck :-)
definitely, Good luck, Brother!
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3409 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost240 View Post

Nothing running in the background. I went into Nvidia control panel and set the power management to adaptive. It was set ti performance. I rebooted and now it's idling fine.

This means that something that was running was using the card and being set to max performance it was staying at full clocks. Steam, GOG and Origin are possible culprits for this. You can get around this by setting the NVCP back to max performance and then setting up a profile for anything else that you don't want max clocks for and setting that to adaptive. Or leave it as is smile.gif
My Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor i7-4770k Z87-EXPERT Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC edition 16GB (4x4) G.Skill TridentX DDR3 F3-2400C10D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel SSD 335 Series 80GB A-Data XPG SX900 Solid State Drive, 512GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD 1TB Silverstone SOD02 DVD Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Enermax Liqmax II 240 Windows 7 64 bit Dell U2715H Fractal Design Newton R3 Series 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Razer Deathadder Chroma Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Profess... Icy Dock MB994IPO-3SB, 2.5" SAS/SATA to SATA, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Processor i7-4770k Z87-EXPERT Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC edition 16GB (4x4) G.Skill TridentX DDR3 F3-2400C10D 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel SSD 335 Series 80GB A-Data XPG SX900 Solid State Drive, 512GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD 1TB Silverstone SOD02 DVD Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Enermax Liqmax II 240 Windows 7 64 bit Dell U2715H Fractal Design Newton R3 Series 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Razer Deathadder Chroma Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Profess... Icy Dock MB994IPO-3SB, 2.5" SAS/SATA to SATA, S... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3410 of 10805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somasonic View Post

This means that something that was running was using the card and being set to max performance it was staying at full clocks. Steam, GOG and Origin are possible culprits for this. You can get around this by setting the NVCP back to max performance and then setting up a profile for anything else that you don't want max clocks for and setting that to adaptive. Or leave it as is smile.gif

I think it was chrome actually. I will the profile thing though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club