Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 441

post #4401 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknhut View Post

How did you guys enable voltage control in MSI afterburner?

I tried everything but nothing works... I clicked on Unlock Voltage Control and Unlock Voltage monitoring in MSI Afterburner Settings. I edit MSIAfterburnner cfg file using notepad, I also edited MSIafterburner oem2 file using notepad and still didn't work.

Any other trick? I'm using newest version of MSI afterburner.
it's all unlocked on Afetrburner 4.4.0 i bet you are on 4.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guttheslayer View Post

Oh yes only on these latest drivers. What is happening? Should I uninstall them?


Only happens during BOOT UP before window logo but after BIOS trigger screen.
i've just been putting up with it, just glad to know it isnt my monitor or gear failing.
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4402 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasK1234Xw View Post

Highly clocked Ti on par with stock Xp if you're lucky, now lets see what Xp looks like running at 2100

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12249956
that wasnt a stock Titan Xpp. It was tweaked. It wont clock as high, golden's may match it, and of course a titan xpp golden maxed will win. But on AVERAGE, most of us will be running our 1080ti at higher perf than your average titan xpp user.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Paste has a conduction rating of like 12. Aluminum is like 175 and copper is 300. So it won't really conduct that fast. It was go faster through the silicon to copper or aluminum contact than it would through the paste on the sides lol.

I say to not paste the side because it's easier to clean.
yeah, if i ever was going to be in there again that'd be a concern lol, but i'll pass. Is a beach to get past those fan plugs. You need a 5-year old's fingers with the strength of pliers.
Edited by Slackaveli - 4/8/17 at 9:10am
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4403 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

that wasnt a stock Titan Xpp. It was tweaked. It wont clock as high, golden's may match it, and of course a titan xpp golden maxed will win. But on AVERAGE, most of us will be running our 1080ti at higher perf than your average titan xpp user.

What you talking about? Lol I even said this is what Xp looks like at 2100 of course it's not stock. If he going to compare golden ti beating stock Xp only fair we compare to new XP overclocked.
post #4404 of 10682
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasK1234Xw View Post

What the you talking about? Lol
the link he quoted and you responded to says the following, DUDE. (maybe read then post?)
"Update: I also added an overclocked result of the Aorus GTX 1080 Ti we tweaked to it's maximum stable 2038~2050 MHz. That Tweaked Aorus scores 31.3K on the GPU score, so does the Titan Xp at tweaked, at 31.9K, so tweaked the cards seem very close to each other."

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-titan-xp-is-faster-as-custom-gtx-1080-ti.html


smile.gif


titan xpp with +250 (7%)~ cores and slightly lower clocks and worse cooling will not be doing much if any better than our 1080ti, it just won't. If on water it may net 2 fps more at 4k..... For $600+ more dollars...... Even if underwater and oc to the same level, which will require a center die chip, it'll get, what, 3 fps more at 4k? WASTE
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4405 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasK1234Xw View Post

What the you talking about? Lol

I think his point was that a Titan XPP won't clock to almost 2ghz core at default. Didn't look like they really touched the memory though. I look forward to those of you getting this card to show us what it can really do. thumb.gif
Empty Pockets
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770k @ 4.8 Ghz 1.248 Volts ASROCK Z77 OC Formula Gigabyte gtx 1080 ti Founders Edition TEAM Vulcan 16 Gigs 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500gb (Main) Seagate Barricuda Lite-On DVD-RW Swiftech CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 60 480mm Rad x2 Alphacool ST 30 240mm Rad x1 Swiftech 280mm Rad x1 Swiftech MCP 655 x 2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Full Cover gtx Titan Pascal Waterblock Windows 10 Dell S2716DG Logitech MK 700 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA G2 1300 watt Corsair 900D Logitech M705 Onboard RealTek 
  hide details  
Reply
Empty Pockets
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770k @ 4.8 Ghz 1.248 Volts ASROCK Z77 OC Formula Gigabyte gtx 1080 ti Founders Edition TEAM Vulcan 16 Gigs 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500gb (Main) Seagate Barricuda Lite-On DVD-RW Swiftech CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 60 480mm Rad x2 Alphacool ST 30 240mm Rad x1 Swiftech 280mm Rad x1 Swiftech MCP 655 x 2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Full Cover gtx Titan Pascal Waterblock Windows 10 Dell S2716DG Logitech MK 700 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA G2 1300 watt Corsair 900D Logitech M705 Onboard RealTek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4406 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop07764 View Post

I think his point was that a Titan XPP won't clock to almost 2ghz core at default. Didn't look like they really touched the memory though. I look forward to those of you getting this card to show us what it can really do. thumb.gif
exactly. It's like the people saying, "Oh no, Vega must be abeast if Nvidia is dropping this full core titan xpp". naw, they were always going to drop this card. If a Vega beats a 1080ti, it'll beat a Titan xpp, too (hint, it wont though).
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4407 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

the link he quoted and you responded to says the following, DUDE. (maybe read then post?)
"Update: I also added an overclocked result of the Aorus GTX 1080 Ti we tweaked to it's maximum stable 2038~2050 MHz. That Tweaked Aorus scores 31.3K on the GPU score, so does the Titan Xp at tweaked, at 31.9K, so tweaked the cards seem very close to each other."

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-titan-xp-is-faster-as-custom-gtx-1080-ti.html


smile.gif


titan xpp with +240 (7%)~ cores and slightly lower clocks and worse cooling will not be doing much if any better than our 1080ti, it just won't. If on water it may net 2 fps more at 4k..... For $600+ more dollars...... Even if underwater and oc to the same level, which will require a center die chip, it'll get, what, 3 fps more at 4k? WASTE[/quote]

Yeah, it's just for bragging rights.
post #4408 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasK1234Xw View Post

What you talking about? Lol I even said this is what Xp looks like at 2100 of course it's not stock. If he going to compare golden ti beating stock Xp only fair we compare to new XP overclocked.
of course but the "comparison" is flawed b/c we cant even see his cpu scores or what he is even running, but it is obviously a higher cpu score than the rig OC3D uses to test.


Yeah, it's all bragging rights. If it weren't, would they have ghost launched it or hyped it? They ghosted it.

Also, I dont know that it means much because i dont have the supply numbers, but this launched 30 hours ago and hasnt sold out once. It has been in stock throughout. So, is it really selling much?
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4409 of 10682
Well, I'm officially a dumbass. doh.gif

I had taken the back plate off my FE since it's useless and had a nice amount of airflow over the back side of the GPU to help a bit with cooling. Was going to bring the card back in today to trade for an Aorus, so I had to put the back plate back on obviously. As I was putting the last screw back in, my dog bumped my leg and caused me to start the screw slightly cross threaded. As soon as I noticed I backed off and started over, but the damage was done. Tried working it back but to no avail. Screw sheared off close to the head.. Looks like I'm stuck with my FE. What are the best AIO CPU coolers that I can mount to this thing? Don't really feel like paying $~220 CAD for the EVGA if I can avoid that. Don't care about looks, just best cooling performance. That, along with a shunt mod, should be enough to keep me happy.

Anyone know where I can buy a replacement standoff and screw?


Edited by prelude514 - 4/8/17 at 10:18am
Thor's Hammer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K @ 4.7GHz 1.3v Cache @ 4.7GHz P95 24h stable MSI Z97 Gaming 7 MSI 1080Ti locked at 2GHz @ 0.993v  32GB Corsair Vengence @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 7X 4TB HGST LOL Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360 
OSPowerCase
Win 10 / Linux Mint Corsair AX860i Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Thor's Hammer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K @ 4.7GHz 1.3v Cache @ 4.7GHz P95 24h stable MSI Z97 Gaming 7 MSI 1080Ti locked at 2GHz @ 0.993v  32GB Corsair Vengence @ 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 7X 4TB HGST LOL Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360 
OSPowerCase
Win 10 / Linux Mint Corsair AX860i Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4410 of 10682
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude514 View Post

Well, I'm officially a dumbass. doh.gif

I had taken the back plate off my FE since it's useless and had a nice amount of airflow over the back side of the GPU to help a bit with cooling. Was going to bring the card back in today to trade for an Aorus, so I had to put the back plate back on obviously. As I was putting the last screw back in, my dog bumped my leg and caused me to start the screw slightly cross threaded. As soon as I noticed I backed off and started over, but the damage was done. Tried working it back but to no avail. Screw sheared off close to the head.. Looks like I'm stuck with my FE. What are the best AIO CPU coolers that I can mount to this thing? Don't really feel like paying $~220 CAD for the EVGA if I can avoid that. Don't care about looks, just best cooling performance. That, along with a shunt mod, should be enough to keep me happy.

Anyone know where I can buy a replacement standoff and screw?


Post on reddit hardwareswap and see if anyone has a broken 1070 or 1080 they would sell you loose hardware.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club