Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 454

post #4531 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

Agree in 8/10 cases. AVG FPS isn't as important as 1% and .1% lows. Which both Mass Effect Andromeda and Ghost Recon Suffer greatly from due to poor optimization, the gap widens even more beyond 2460x1440. I was averaging 48fps in ghost recon Wildlands and 42 FPS in Mass Effect Andromeda @ 4k maxed out with the TI, I'm now getting 56FPS average in Wildlands and 50FPS in Mass Effect Andromeda. thumb.gif
I'd love to, except I beat the game last night and uninstalled it :-( And comecast data caps suck.

So I don't intend to redownload it just for the benchmark. rolleyes.gif



But there's my heaven score at 2100mhz. rolleyes.gif

With my Ti @ 2012mhz I was getting 1479

I think it's interesting how my 1070's in SLI are able to match a TXp in benchmarks (at least in Heaven), especially considering that I have basically the same core count as a TXp (1920 x 2 = 3840). I would assume that the TXp would be far an away superior since SLI does not scale perfectly.

Everest - Intel
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG Dell U2412m IPS display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM400 Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Everest - Intel
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG Dell U2412m IPS display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM400 Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4532 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

I think it's interesting how my 1070's in SLI are able to match a TXp in benchmarks (at least in Heaven), especially considering that I have basically the same core count as a TXp (1920 x 2 = 3840). I would assume that the TXp would be far an away superior since SLI does not scale perfectly.

it scales at 95% in heaven i've heard. that looks more like 100% scaling.
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4533 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

I think it's interesting how my 1070's in SLI are able to match a TXp in benchmarks (at least in Heaven), especially considering that I have basically the same core count as a TXp (1920 x 2 = 3840). I would assume that the TXp would be far an away superior since SLI does not scale perfectly.


So return my Titan Xp and get 2 1070 or 1080's in Sli? tongue.gif
post #4534 of 10615
Plus, nobody really cares about Heaven performance as an absolute
post #4535 of 10615
I know this isn't the right thread but nobody responded to the other one I created...

Last night I noticed that my Noctua iPPC PWM 3000RPM fans are NOT spinning - they are mounted on the radiator for the Kraken X62.

I am really concerned about this but what baffles my mind is that I was pumping 1.390V into the CPU and OC'ing the hell out of it - stress tests, games etc. and the CPU never broke 70C.

I changed the profile in CAM to 'Performance Mode' and let it start on logon to make sure it stays in that mode but still, the fans are not spinning.

Can someone/anyone PLEASE HELP me with this?

One of the fans is connected to the 4-pin PWM connection that comes with the Kraken X62 and the 2nd one is connected to the 'slave' connector which has only 3 pins.

The Kraken X62 comes with a 1-master & 3-slave fan connections.

EDIT: pics:

dsWUHXy.jpg

DTYrCWQ.jpg
Edited by Baasha - 4/9/17 at 11:27am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X @ 4.30GHz ASUS Rampage V Extreme GTX TITAN Xp (2017) [4-way SLI] 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro (256GB) Samsung 840 EVO (1TB) Pioneer BD-203 NZXT Kraken X60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro (x64) Dell UP3218K - 8K Monitor Razer Blackwidow Chroma Corsair AX1500i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Cosmos II Razer Mamba Chroma [16,000 DPI] Razer Manticor Sennheiser HD800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3970X @ 4.80Ghz ASRock Extreme11 GTX-1080 Ti FE [4-Way SLI] Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz (32GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) WD Caviar Black (2TB) ASUS DVD Burner NZXT Kraken X62 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro Dell UP3017Q 4K OLED Razer Blackwidow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Razer Death Adder 2013 SteelSeries QcK Altec Lansing 2.1 | Sennheiser PC-350 
Audio
AKG K712 Pro + AudioEngine D1 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4536 of 10615
so what would you guys do and why?

2 1080ti ftw 3 from evga in sli

1 Titan xp probably on water.

feedback very welcome

coming from 980ti's reference in sli.
post #4537 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarver View Post

so what would you guys do and why?

2 1080ti ftw 3 from evga in sli

1 Titan xp probably on water.

feedback very welcome

coming from 980ti's reference in sli.

2 1080Ti's would be ideal, BUT that would put you at the mercy of SLi implementation in games; scaling and whether it's even supported.
Would also cost you ~$200-250 more. Worse case scenario you play a game without SLI support and you have a $750 brick sitting in your rig sucking up power and not contributing any performance at all.

I think the TXp on water or with a hybrid cooler is the best bang for your buck assuming you can shell out $1300 USD for it. If not get 1 1080Ti with an extreme oc like the Aurous and be happy for ~$775. thumb.gif
post #4538 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baasha View Post

I know this isn't the right thread but nobody responded to the other one I created...

Last night I noticed that my Noctua iPPC PWM 3000RPM fans are NOT spinning - they are mounted on the radiator for the Kraken X62.

I am really concerned about this but what baffles my mind is that I was pumping 1.390V into the CPU and OC'ing the hell out of it - stress tests, games etc. and the CPU never broke 70C.

I changed the profile in CAM to 'Performance Mode' and let it start on logon to make sure it stays in that mode but still, the fans are not spinning.

Can someone/anyone PLEASE HELP me with this?

One of the fans is connected to the 4-pin PWM connection that comes with the Kraken X62 and the 2nd one is connected to the 'slave' connector which has only 3 pins.

The Kraken X62 comes with a 1-master & 3-slave fan connections.

EDIT: pics:

dsWUHXy.jpg

DTYrCWQ.jpg

Too off topic man. Make a thread in one of the cpu threads.

But my advice is to connect fans into your mobo and control it yourself. Screw cam.
post #4539 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

So return my Titan Xp and get 2 1070 or 1080's in Sli? tongue.gif

Hahahahahaha.... no tongue.gif


1 single fast card > 2 somewhat fast cards... always.
Everest - Intel
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG Dell U2412m IPS display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM400 Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Everest - Intel
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition Nvidia GTX 1070 Founder's Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG Dell U2412m IPS display 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corsair MM400 Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4540 of 10615
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

2 1080Ti's would be ideal, BUT that would put you at the mercy of SLi implementation in games; scaling and whether it's even supported.
Would also cost you ~$200-250 more. Worse case scenario you play a game without SLI support and you have a $750 brick sitting in your rig sucking up power and not contributing any performance at all.

I think the TXp on water or with a hybrid cooler is the best bang for your buck assuming you can shell out $1300 USD for it. If not get 1 1080Ti with an extreme oc like the Aurous and be happy for ~$775. thumb.gif

thanks man. any further opinions always welcome. luckily i have a few weeks before the ftw3 even ships to make up my mind
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club