Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 543

post #5421 of 10498
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

Hmm. Alright thanks. We'll see. I'm debating getting a second one for SLi once newegg allows me to buy a second card. *48hr window is stupid AF*

I know I've preached long and hard against SLi, but with the TXp being a let down I wanna finally play 4k 60fps continuously *or closest to as possible with 1% and .1% lows.*

Well wait for your card and see if you won the silicon lottery.

Shunt mod and hybrid + g12 can get you another 5% performance maybe and you can run 4K.

Save that's moneybags for the 2080 Ti which will be like another "1080 Ti x 162.5%" if this trend continues.
post #5422 of 10498
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Well wait for your card and see if you won the silicon lottery.

Shunt mod and hybrid + g12 can get you another 5% performance maybe and you can run 4K.

Save that's moneybags for the 2080 Ti which will be like another "1080 Ti x 162.5%" if this trend continues.

Will G12 work with the EVGA Hybrid cooler? and would I need additional VRM cooling other than the fan that the G12 provides?
post #5423 of 10498
It lives. And it is beautiful.

(count me a new member)

thumb.gif

...



...



...

Stock corsair fan sucks .,.. super quiet though but super slow ... I'm gonna get a Delta and put it on a fan controller ... LOL ...

Can't dang wait to buy another one in the next few months for SLI ...

thumb.gif
Edited by s1rrah - 4/14/17 at 2:39pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5424 of 10498
Edit: Never mind. Just some minor case of ocd.
Edited by Chris Ihao - 4/14/17 at 3:12pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.5ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Gigabyte Aorus 1080 ti@2.012ghz 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance@1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1xSamsung SSD 500 mb, 1xCorsair M550 SSD 1 tb, ... Cryorig R1 Universal Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 27" Asus pb278q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair TX750W Corsair Obsidian 550d Logitech gx9 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.5ghz MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Gigabyte Aorus 1080 ti@2.012ghz 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance@1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1xSamsung SSD 500 mb, 1xCorsair M550 SSD 1 tb, ... Cryorig R1 Universal Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 27" Asus pb278q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair TX750W Corsair Obsidian 550d Logitech gx9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5425 of 10498
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

Will G12 work with the EVGA Hybrid cooler? and would I need additional VRM cooling other than the fan that the G12 provides?

Do you have a evga hybrid cooler and that's why you want to use it?

If not just grab a x41 refurbished on ebay or on nzxt website. Comes with a year warranty and it comes directly from nzxt. Cost $65.00
post #5426 of 10498
Why is it that when you do slider overclocking you seems to always have perfcaps all over the place? The only way to get a stable consistent overclock at a constant speed/voltage without any perfcaps is to do a custom voltage curve.

Is there anyone that can get an overclock where every game/benchmark holds the boost speed AND voltage AND no perfcaps whatsoever? Literally straight lines across for miles in GPU-Z on boost and voltage and perfcaps zero.

Yes, people are posting I hit 2100 or whatever but as soon as they get into a bench or game it drops to below 2000 for most of the time. To me that's not really a 2100 overclock. Am I looking at this wrong?
post #5427 of 10498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post

Why is it that when you do slider overclocking you seems to always have perfcaps all over the place? The only way to get a stable consistent overclock at a constant speed/voltage without any perfcaps is to do a custom voltage curve.

Is there anyone that can get an overclock where every game/benchmark holds the boost speed AND voltage AND no perfcaps whatsoever? Literally straight lines across for miles in GPU-Z on boost and voltage and perfcaps zero.

Yes, people are posting I hit 2100 or whatever but as soon as they get into a bench or game it drops to below 2000 for most of the time. To me that's not really a 2100 overclock. Am I looking at this wrong?

We'll with a voltage curve you're just fine tuning and controlling core vs voltage, and power is a function of voltage.

So you're also controlling core vs power/voltage
post #5428 of 10498
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

We'll with a voltage curve you're just fine tuning and controlling core vs voltage, and power is a function of voltage.

So you're also controlling core vs power/voltage

I guess what I'm saying there is even at default out of the box speeds you don't get clean perfcap readings and consistent runs. Then if you just use the sliders to increase your clock, basically same thing. With a voltage curve you can get consistent boost and voltage throughout the benchmark/game with zero perfcaps. Someone must have came up with that and said, my people, if you achieve this you will be blessed. biggrin.gif I just haven't seen it here. I see you on here asking people for their GPU-Z sensor readings to look for the exact same thing I'm talking about so we must understand the same thing.
Edited by Tikerz - 4/14/17 at 3:05pm
post #5429 of 10498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post

I guess what I'm saying there is even at default out of the box speeds you don't get clean perfcap readings and consistent runs. Then if you just use the sliders to increase your clock, basically same thing. With a voltage curve you can get consistent boost and voltage throughout the benchmark/game with zero perfcaps. Someone must have came up with that and said, my people, if you achieve this you will be blessed. biggrin.gif I just haven't seen it here. I see you on here asking people for their GPU-Z sensor readings to look for the exact same thing I'm talking about so we must understand the same thing.

Yeah, pascal benchmarks need to gpu-z.

People like to show they're at a core above 2100 but that means nothing to me without gpu-z. At least when it comes to superposition.

Normal gaming I don't care to see the gpu-z. Heaven is still a good benchmark to replicate true gaming power uses. It's not obsolete. Heaven is more close to what we would see in a gaming session.

Superposition is good to see what someone's card can hold and their perf cap. But it's practically like furmark, pushing a card to 100% power draw. Not very realistic.
Edited by SlimJ87D - 4/14/17 at 3:18pm
post #5430 of 10498
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsjackson5 View Post

Got this in today

Oh boy that's a lanboy air, freaking loved that case :D

Gene-Z Dedi
(7 items)
 
Captain America
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600k @ 5.2 Ghz Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gskill 2133 4GB Caviar Black 
CoolingOSPower
Corsair H100 Arch x64 OCZ 650 Watt 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 Intel Xeon E5-2650 ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS XFX 6870 
RAMOS
32 GB Samsung Arch Nix 
  hide details  
Reply
Gene-Z Dedi
(7 items)
 
Captain America
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600k @ 5.2 Ghz Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gskill 2133 4GB Caviar Black 
CoolingOSPower
Corsair H100 Arch x64 OCZ 650 Watt 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 Intel Xeon E5-2650 ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS XFX 6870 
RAMOS
32 GB Samsung Arch Nix 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club