Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 573

post #5721 of 10601
Thread Starter 
Best 24/7 overclock score ever after reinstalling 3DMark and TimeSpy. I noticed there was a stutter in the bench so I reinstalled it.

This was at 2025 core, .981v, 6180 memory, Asus BIOS. drunken.gif

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5722 of 10601
Inno iChillx4 bios results

all but no power limiting at 116%



power limits is improved, but seemed to score worse for me than FE bios even with less limiting, memory clk performance is about the same as FE bios (best for me at 6003).


SMI showing limits



I can push it into limiting, but nothing could get me close to the FE score


FE run for reference at similar settings

MSI
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition MSI 980Ti Lightning Gskill RipJaw V 3200 C16 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Raid0 Water cooled with 750w chiller EK mono block - MSI XPGTi Bitspower - MSI Lightning 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Home ACER X34 - 3440x1440  Corsair K65 Seasonic 1050w - Silent Snow 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone RV05 - White Razer Epic Naga Chroma Artizan - Hayete Otsu - Soft Corsair Void Wireless - Carbon 
  hide details  
Reply
MSI
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition MSI 980Ti Lightning Gskill RipJaw V 3200 C16 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Raid0 Water cooled with 750w chiller EK mono block - MSI XPGTi Bitspower - MSI Lightning 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Home ACER X34 - 3440x1440  Corsair K65 Seasonic 1050w - Silent Snow 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone RV05 - White Razer Epic Naga Chroma Artizan - Hayete Otsu - Soft Corsair Void Wireless - Carbon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5723 of 10601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico67 View Post

Inno iChillx4 bios results

all but no power limiting at 116%



power limits is improved, but seemed to score worse for me than FE bios even with less limiting, memory clk performance is about the same as FE bios (best for me at 6003).


SMI showing limits



I can push it into limiting, but nothing could get me close to the FE score


FE run for reference at similar settings


Yeah the FE bios is still the best. That bios wasn't the original one we were after though. The one we want is the X3 from that reviewer.
Edited by SlimJ87D - 4/16/17 at 6:20pm
post #5724 of 10601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addsome View Post

Your lucky day.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8626fz7LhLhSUI5Tjg2OHJzMEE/view?usp=sharing
What do you mean by not as stable? Crashes at same clocks FE bios can run at?
Thank very much!
In the Stock Bios, I could run Stable benchmark at 2088 with Max voltage 1.093. But in the Asus Bios I couldn't.do that, it running 2050mhz
Edited by leequan2009 - 4/16/17 at 6:59pm
post #5725 of 10601
Preparing to shunt mod.

Didnt have a stupid 3mm socket drive... Had to make one using a 4mm socket drive and tape. Luckily these small screws are only hand tight.



Added more heatsinks by vram and even more around where heat would be coming form the vrms. Every 1C counts right now, so removing heat frame the vrm before they can transfer anywhere will surely help.



Liquid electrical tape, drys fast, very easy to coat. Recommend doing two coatings. Covered around shunted resistors and also covered solder joints so they don't corrode.





Goi to apply the clu when it comes tomorrow on the shunt and gpu die. Need to prepare for that extra incoming heat form more power draw.
post #5726 of 10601
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Preparing to shunt mod.

Didnt have a stupid 3mm socket drive... Had to make one using a 4mm socket drive and tape. Luckily these small screws are only hand tight.



Added more heatsinks by vram and even more around where heat would be coming form the vrms. Every 1C counts right now, so removing heat frame the vrm before they can transfer anywhere will surely help.



Liquid electrical tape, drys fast, very easy to coat. Recommend doing two coatings. Covered around shunted resistors and also covered solder joints so they don't corrode.





Goi to apply the clu when it comes tomorrow on the shunt and gpu die. Need to prepare for that extra incoming heat form more power draw.

Are you using the Hybrid ? The most gains you will see would be with replacing the VRM thermal pads with higher (11W/mK one or 17W/mK ones) I use 11w/mK ones and with my water block the VRM temps dropped by 15-CC depending on where my thermal sensor was placed. That helps more in holding higher clocks at higher voltages.


@KedarWolf, do you mind adding "ASUS Bios with 3 x 10Ohm resistor mod" to the owners sheet?
Edited by bloodhawk - 4/16/17 at 9:40pm
post #5727 of 10601
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

Games don't matter really for me. I have a 4K G-Sync screen with Rivatuner capping framerates at 59, one less than my refresh rate, and clocks never max out even on highest detail settings in the games I play the most.

It all about waving my huge e-____ around and benching. wink.gif

Why are you capping your FPS instead of just turning Vsync on? Vsync does it for you when you have Gsync enabled.
post #5728 of 10601
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryLobster View Post

Why are you capping your FPS instead of just turning Vsync on? Vsync does it for you when you have Gsync enabled.

Once vsync engages you lose the benefit of Gsync and it introduces input lag.

The best setting for gsync is to enable gsync and vsync in nvidia control panel and then limit your FPS using RTS. For example I have a 100hz monitor and I limit it to 98FPS.
post #5729 of 10601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addsome View Post

Once vsync engages you lose the benefit of Gsync and it introduces input lag.

The best setting for gsync is to enable gsync and vsync in nvidia control panel and then limit your FPS using RTS. For example I have a 100hz monitor and I limit it to 98FPS.

What you are doing is redundant. once you reach your monitors max refresh rate, gsync switches off and vsync kick in. using RTS or any other program to limit fps isnt doing anything.
Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz Asus Z170i Pro Gaming ITX MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 TI 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000MHz 15-17-17-35 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB Samsung 840 Evo 1TB Samsung 840 Evo 750GB Thermalright AXP-100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Acer XB271HU 165Hz GSYNC Logitech G710+ Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
SilverStone RVZ02 Roccat Kone XTD Sennheiser Game-Zero Headset Klipsch R-15PM 2.0 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz Asus Z170i Pro Gaming ITX MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 TI 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000MHz 15-17-17-35 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB Samsung 840 Evo 1TB Samsung 840 Evo 750GB Thermalright AXP-100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Acer XB271HU 165Hz GSYNC Logitech G710+ Corsair SF600 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
SilverStone RVZ02 Roccat Kone XTD Sennheiser Game-Zero Headset Klipsch R-15PM 2.0 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5730 of 10601
Has anyone tried soldering a DVI connector back into where it should be on the 1080Ti FE PCB, and see if that works?

I wonder if Nvidia just removed the connector, but the port is still electrically connected and enabled in the BIOS...

I have a 120Hz 27" monitor that only has DVI dual link, and no displayport. I'm getting a 1080Ti FE from EVGA's step-up, but I will be limited to 60Hz on my monitor without buying a >$100+ active DP -> DVI dual link active adapter. If I can just solder the DVI connector back on instead, I'll just do that. I'm throwing a hybrid WB on it anyways, so the vapor chamber won't be blocking...

Thanks for your help smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club