Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 715

post #7141 of 10870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post


90 minute run in Battlefield One at 2101, NO LOCK in curve. Stayed at 2101 the entire time, and i am shocked tbh. At +100Mv. sick.

Battlefield 1 is pretty well optimized with CPU and GPU usages on both. But I never found it as a taxing game, at 95% GPU usage I cap out my FPS to 142. So I don't think it'd ever hit any performance limits.

BTW, we got to play sometime. I think I sent you a friend request the other day.
post #7142 of 10870
The one thing that will lock your GPU is power draw. At 4k it is far worse than 1440p or 1080p, 8K is even worse. Try running that 8k optimized superposition and see your card jumping all around the place at 1.0930 voltage tongue.gif Or watch it blow up if you botched the shunt mod biggrin.gif
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 - 3.810GHz - 1.286v Asus Crosshair VI Hero MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X - 1.000mv 2012/6210 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3600Mhz CL16 RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
850 evo 120GB (for OS + programs) 850 evo 250GB (for Games) Windows 10 LG 27ea73LM-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Razer Kraken Pro Sennheiser HD 598 Sound Blaster Z  
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 - 3.810GHz - 1.286v Asus Crosshair VI Hero MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X - 1.000mv 2012/6210 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3600Mhz CL16 RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
850 evo 120GB (for OS + programs) 850 evo 250GB (for Games) Windows 10 LG 27ea73LM-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Razer Kraken Pro Sennheiser HD 598 Sound Blaster Z  
  hide details  
Reply
post #7143 of 10870
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Battlefield 1 is pretty well optimized with CPU and GPU usages on both. But I never found it as a taxing game, at 95% GPU usage I cap out my FPS to 142. So I don't think it'd ever hit any performance limits.

BTW, we got to play sometime. I think I sent you a friend request the other day.
yessir, ok bet. ill check my notifications.
You are right it isnt taxing for a gpu, i can make it hit 99% usage by upping the res slider a bit. But it is certainly a good test for a stable cpu overclock! Brutal on cpu's.

I know this doesnt mean I'll hold 2100 in all games, but I did it there , for over an hour, with no perfcaps, on air. Outstanding biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clukos View Post

The one thing that will lock your GPU is power draw. At 4k it is far worse than 1440p or 1080p, 8K is even worse. Try running that 8k optimized superposition and see your card jumping all around the place at 1.0930 voltage tongue.gif Or watch it blow up if you botched the shunt mod biggrin.gif
true, but i max 60 pretty quick in 4k, easier than hitting 144 in 1440p. I understand what you mean about power draw, but if you lock it at 60 it doesnt come up in very many games on these beasts.
post #7144 of 10870
Okay, I fully admit; this may be a stupid question, and it makes me a terrible person for asking it, and I should be ashamed of myself, and what I'm about to do. guiltysmiley.gif Regardless....

When I'm OCing my Ti, should I "care" about the Power Limit graph?

I understand this is an indication that the card has reached the "120%" power target I set, and the card is throttling because of it, but as I run through these benchmarks, the clocks aren't jumping all over the map in congruence with the Power Limit graph....thinking.gif AND, the benchmarks run just fine with no artifacts.....soooo.....ummmm....yeah....

I've danced around the web watching vids on Pascal OCing, fallen into YT black holes, climbed back out, read articles, and in everything I can recall, no one ever really addressed if it matters.

Though, there is a distinct possibility I am blind, or have short term memory loss

THANKS!!!! blushsmiley.gif

PS: I did watch the vid at the beginning of this thread as well. I tried using the slider graphey doohicky thingy, and had less success with that than using the "main" page sliders in PxOC
post #7145 of 10870
Good news! Should have my 1080 Ti Hybrid kits next week. thumb.gif

Thank you B&H!



I'm so pumped to get these cards going with a proper OC under water. drool.gif
post #7146 of 10870
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraxKill View Post

2100 @ 1.063v

Broke through 23000 on my pedestrian 4790K. Single card outscoring a few SLI results.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12446981
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

Okay, more testing on Palit over stock using latest drivers, Superposition quite a bit higher with stock even though clocks are lower. TimeSpy roughly the same as stock, Heaven 1.5 FPS better on stock than Palit BIOS.

Yes, you were right @SlimJ87D (eats crow), stock does seem to be better, I jumped the gun. redface.gif

whistle.gif
post #7147 of 10870
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpa View Post

Okay, I fully admit; this may be a stupid question, and it makes me a terrible person for asking it, and I should be ashamed of myself, and what I'm about to do. guiltysmiley.gif Regardless....

When I'm OCing my Ti, should I "care" about the Power Limit graph?

I understand this is an indication that the card has reached the "120%" power target I set, and the card is throttling because of it, but as I run through these benchmarks, the clocks aren't jumping all over the map in congruence with the Power Limit graph....thinking.gif AND, the benchmarks run just fine with no artifacts.....soooo.....ummmm....yeah....

I've danced around the web watching vids on Pascal OCing, fallen into YT black holes, climbed back out, read articles, and in everything I can recall, no one ever really addressed if it matters.

Though, there is a distinct possibility I am blind, or have short term memory loss

THANKS!!!! blushsmiley.gif

PS: I did watch the vid at the beginning of this thread as well. I tried using the slider graphey doohicky thingy, and had less success with that than using the "main" page sliders in PxOC
none of those colors represent a true "problem", per se, with the exception being thermal throttling. You want to keep that out of the equation just for the obvious reasons.
post #7148 of 10870
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

Everyone's different. The Aorus I tried was supposed to be "quiet", but at 100% fan speed, it sounded no quieter than my FE's @ 100% rolleyes.gif

Well, that's the thing you see. If you run it at 100%, it will be noisy. The difference is one will keep the core under 40c, the other will struggle to keep it under 65. Here's the best part, though; even when you have a conservative fan profile, it's quieter than the FE cooler and runs cooler, also.

Read that like a cheesy advertisement commercial for full sarcasm wink.gif
Edited by Silent Scone - 4/25/17 at 11:48pm
post #7149 of 10870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post


90 minute run in Battlefield One at 2101, NO LOCK in curve. Stayed at 2101 the entire time, and i am shocked tbh. At +100Mv. sick.

Yeah i was pretty shocked after playing Andromeda the last days. Did a full evening of BF1 yesturday night and it all looked like this the whole evening (Load Is a bit lower because screenshot was after game was completed, in menus)

post #7150 of 10870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

true, but i max 60 pretty quick in 4k, easier than hitting 144 in 1440p. I understand what you mean about power draw, but if you lock it at 60 it doesnt come up in very many games on these beasts.

It's not about GPU util, I've noticed that the more you increase the resolution, at 100% utilization in both cases the one that draws more pixels draws more power. That's why the 8K superposition benchmark is the ultimate test right now in terms of stability of your OC under load. If you try it out you'll see what I mean thumb.gif
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 - 3.810GHz - 1.286v Asus Crosshair VI Hero MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X - 1.000mv 2012/6210 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3600Mhz CL16 RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
850 evo 120GB (for OS + programs) 850 evo 250GB (for Games) Windows 10 LG 27ea73LM-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Razer Kraken Pro Sennheiser HD 598 Sound Blaster Z  
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 - 3.810GHz - 1.286v Asus Crosshair VI Hero MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X - 1.000mv 2012/6210 G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3600Mhz CL16 RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
850 evo 120GB (for OS + programs) 850 evo 250GB (for Games) Windows 10 LG 27ea73LM-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Corsair RM750x Corsair Obsidian 750D Razer DeathAdder 2013 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Razer Kraken Pro Sennheiser HD 598 Sound Blaster Z  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club