Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 739

post #7381 of 10821
I can post a datapoint for an SC2 on air. I did some Heaven loops last night with only the EVGA XOC sliders to max (power/temp). I was only able to achieve a steady core OC of +80 and Memory +300 (haven't tried any higher on the memory clock). I started with core only and heaven crashed at +90 and +85. Temperatures with my custom curve peaked around 75c at 90% fan. GPUz and XOC reported core of around 1977 sustained (heaven reported around 2055 but i'm not sure if that is accurate).

I ended up with a score of about 3600 at 1440p full screen at Extreme/Max with 0xAA. I'm running a 4770k @4.5ghz.

Limited gaming showed the core settle around 1955 at 68c (dark souls 3) and 72c (PU battlegrounds and FFXIV).

I'm happy with these results and probably won't be touching voltages or doing any further tweaks.
Edited by foolycooly - 4/27/17 at 10:53am
post #7382 of 10821
Well it's Thursday today; and look what just arrived. (Just as promised) smile.gif






back of box damaged in post? (hope its okay inside)
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7383 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpeyton View Post

Well it's Thursday today; and look what just arrived. (Just as promised) smile.gif






back of box damaged in post? (hope its okay inside)

Nice! Good luck figuring out a voltage bypass. Seems most cards will need more than 1.093 to break past 2150 or so. With appropriate cooling ofcorse wink.gif Which I know you have. thumb.gif
post #7384 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraxKill View Post

Nice! Good luck figuring out a voltage bypass. Seems most cards will need more than 1.093 to break past 2150 or so. With appropriate cooling ofcorse wink.gif Which I know you have. thumb.gif

lol when i opened my 1080 Classy (5 months ago) I asked myself that exact question.

And it even took me two/three months to finally crack it, but in the end I did indeed figure that out (as the videos show) haha.. it just a matter of time lol

Where I'm at now is this:
  • Keep it sealed in the box and sell it at full price (or near full price) to pay for a KPE when its launched. (how long will i have to wait)??? no idea
  • Sell it 'used' for a KPE when KPE launches.
  • Open this now and never look back (not bother with KPE).

Can't make my mind up. But its sitting here looking at me; doubt I can resist opening it lol. Not sure how long I can hold out.........
Edited by nrpeyton - 4/27/17 at 10:58am
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7385 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpeyton View Post

lol when i opened my 1080 Classy (5 months ago) I asked myself that exact question.

And it even took me two/three months to finally crack it, but in the end I did indeed figure that out (as the videos show) haha.. it just a matter of time lol

Where I'm at now is this:
  • Keep it sealed in the box and sell it at full price (or near full price) to pay for a KPE when its launched. (how long will i have to wait)??? no idea
  • Sell it 'used' for a KPE when KPE launches.
  • Open this now and never look back (not bother with KPE).

Can't make my mind up. But its sitting here looking at me; doubt I can resist opening it lol. Not sure how long I can hold out.........


Good luck keeping it "sealed" in a box! I bet you're ripping it open right now.tongue.gif
post #7386 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraxKill View Post

Good luck keeping it "sealed" in a box! I bet you're ripping it open right now.tongue.gif

not yet lol. ffs don't know what to do.. but this is ridiculous because i know in the end whats going to happen anyway....

How much do I lose as soon as i break that plastic seal? 100? 150? 200?
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7387 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrpeyton View Post

not yet lol. ffs don't know what to do.. but this is ridiculous because i know in the end whats going to happen anyway....

How much do I lose as soon as i break that plastic seal? 100? 150? 200?

Do it. biggrin.gif

You did not buy it to keep it sealed...
post #7388 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbheagan View Post

Do it. biggrin.gif

You did not buy it to keep it sealed...

Lol i never read the KPE announcement until after it was already in the post.
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
Nick-PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 7700K ASUS Z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX APEX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti G.SKILL Trident Z 3600 C16 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
EK KIT P360 (Custom Water Loop) Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit ASUS PG278Q 850 Bronze 'be Quiet POWER ZONE' 
Case
Corsair Obsidian 750d Airflow 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7389 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunbheagan View Post

Just make a screen of the the afterburner monitor graph for a full run of Supo4k or FSUltra, reading clocks and tdp and limits.

+800 on the mem is pretty high. My FE does +700 without any problems. +750 still gives me a full run FSUltra, but i get first artifacts. +700 is still faster than +600 or + 500 on my card, but of course the scaling is poor. I can only see the difference in benchmarks, not in game fps. Thats why i am keeping it at 6000.

Not my best run, but for those who wanted to see the graphs


voltage at 1.075V
Edited by Hulio225 - 4/27/17 at 11:14am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Maximus IX Apex 1080 Ti Founders Edition G.Skill DDR4 B-Die 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 960 Nvme Western Digital RED Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 4K Logitech G15 Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Enthoo Primo 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Asus Xonar STX Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO Headphones Blue Snowball Mic (Alu Edition) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Maximus IX Apex 1080 Ti Founders Edition G.Skill DDR4 B-Die 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 960 Nvme Western Digital RED Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 4K Logitech G15 Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Enthoo Primo 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Asus Xonar STX Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO Headphones Blue Snowball Mic (Alu Edition) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7390 of 10821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulio225 View Post

Not my best run, but for those who wanted to see the graphs
voltage at 1.075V

Thanks for sharing. Looks very good! At what clock do you have your 7700k? With my 4790k@4,7Ghz i get min frames of 60,x in supo 4k.

Have you already tested if your settings are totally stable? Like doing a FireStrike Ultra Loop for a couple of hours, or a Superposition Stress test? I had my FE at 2100 first too and it was stable for a run or two or three. But when i did some more intense testing, i found out it crashes after 30 or 60 minutes looped Metro or FSUltra. Actually i am back at 2050/6000, stock voltage curve. No powerlimiting at all thanks to shunt mod and watercooling, and i'm totally fine with that. I start loosing interest to squeeze out the last possible MHz and try to find a rock stable 24/7 setting. Actually 2050/6000@stock voltage(mostly 1,05V) and 4790k@4,7@1,325V seems to be it for me. I already had this setting on benchmark loops for some time. Will test it two or three nights more on Supo 4k, FSUltra and Metro LL Redux loops. If its absoluty stable, maybe i keep it and stop testing... redface.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club