Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 780

post #7791 of 10551
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GosuPl View Post

1080Ti SLI + G-Sync = Less performance. On my former GPU's , 2x TITAN X Maxwell, i dont have any performance lose with G-Sync. But on 2x 1080Ti's, loses is noticable.





Any fixes ?

Try turning off vsync, downloading RivaTuner and capping your frame rate to 2 less that your refresh rate. Like on my 4K G-Sync screen, I cap my frame rate with RivaTuner at 58, two less than my refresh rate of 60hz.

Edit: You do know with G-Sync you need to keep your frame rate less than your refresh rate, right?
Edited by KedarWolf - 4/29/17 at 8:21pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7792 of 10551
Anyone tried Black Desert with a 1080Ti at stable overclock? it runs fine at default for me, but at 2100/6003 it drops to black screen then comes back and repeats this til it says its out of memory. Tried higher voltage and lower clks, marginal better but still does it, tried default memory clk and again no real improvement. Funnily it doesn't even use more than about 80% gpu and barely power limits.

Wanted to see what frames were like so not overly bothered, but seems some graphic effects have a larger bearing on stability than load does? Similar to what you are seeing with Witcher3 I guess smile.gif
MSI
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition MSI 980Ti Lightning Gskill RipJaw V 3200 C16 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Raid0 Water cooled with 750w chiller EK mono block - MSI XPGTi Bitspower - MSI Lightning 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Home ACER X34 - 3440x1440  Corsair K65 Seasonic 1050w - Silent Snow 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone RV05 - White Razer Epic Naga Chroma Artizan - Hayete Otsu - Soft Corsair Void Wireless - Carbon 
  hide details  
Reply
MSI
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition MSI 980Ti Lightning Gskill RipJaw V 3200 C16 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Raid0 Water cooled with 750w chiller EK mono block - MSI XPGTi Bitspower - MSI Lightning 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Home ACER X34 - 3440x1440  Corsair K65 Seasonic 1050w - Silent Snow 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone RV05 - White Razer Epic Naga Chroma Artizan - Hayete Otsu - Soft Corsair Void Wireless - Carbon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7793 of 10551
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYU87 View Post

Broadwell-E is the exact same core as Broadwell-C, how could it be faster unless it's clocked higher? Broadwell-E is probably faster clock for clock due to the massive L2 cache. Also not everyone just plays games with their PC. Your Broadwell-C is not some magic CPU. It's slower than Skylake and Kaby Lake. Also I would never get a quad core at this point.

Broadwell C has an even bigger cache, that L4 cache is 128mb and has only just recently been matched in latency + BW by extreme DDR4 speeds + Kaby lake @ 5ghz. That Crystalwell cache is the reason why the 5775c is so fast, even though its the same architecture, the 5775c core can maintain more of its IPC as datasets get bigger than the L2.
post #7794 of 10551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico67 View Post

Anyone tried Black Desert with a 1080Ti at stable overclock? it runs fine at default for me, but at 2100/6003 it drops to black screen then comes back and repeats this til it says its out of memory. Tried higher voltage and lower clks, marginal better but still does it, tried default memory clk and again no real improvement. Funnily it doesn't even use more than about 80% gpu and barely power limits.

Wanted to see what frames were like so not overly bothered, but seems some graphic effects have a larger bearing on stability than load does? Similar to what you are seeing with Witcher3 I guess smile.gif

Mate 2100 is way to high for such games. You have to go lower, much lower.

2100 is something few very poor games will allow you to keep. Any graphic intensive game will break that clocks with ez smile.gif.

Some games just won't allow high OC at all.

You can see some people here holding 2050/63 clocks in Witcher 3 but they are at sub-50C temps.

And they really don't get any extra performance over lets say 2000 to 2025mhz smile.gif.

Try give it like 2063 on same bin as your 2100 is and see if that will allow BS to work. If not, just go lower clock on higher bins or just to back to good old sliders without playing with curve smile.gif
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB  G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Tomb
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5775C 4.2 Ghz 1.36V Asus VII Hero ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX OC 11 GB  G.Skill DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) TridentX 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SSD HyperX Savage 480GB SATA3 Seagate 3.5'', 2TB, SATAIII Corsair H105 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
XB271HU 1440p 165Hz Corsair K70 LUX RGB EVGA Supernova G2 1000 PHANTEKS Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass- Black. 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma EXCO Scropion Athletics Edifier R1800BT SENNHEISER HD598 SPECIAL EDITION - BLACK 
OtherOtherOther
LC-Power LC-CFC-1 Fan Controller Xbox One One Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen specia... Playstation 4 Pro + Licensed PS4 Pad stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7795 of 10551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny89 View Post

Mate 2100 is way to high for such games. You have to go lower, much lower.

2100 is something few very poor games will allow you to keep. Any graphic intensive game will break that clocks with ez smile.gif.

Some games just won't allow high OC at all.

You can see some people here holding 2050/63 clocks in Witcher 3 but they are at sub-50C temps.

And they really don't get any extra performance over lets say 2000 to 2025mhz smile.gif.

Try give it like 2063 on same bin as your 2100 is and see if that will allow BS to work. If not, just go lower clock on higher bins or just to back to good old sliders without playing with curve smile.gif

Its funny because The Division and The Secret World, both pretty demanding and in the latter case poorly optimised/ unstable games, run fine at 2101/6003 for long sessions. Black Desert has always been problematic, but I will see I can find a better setting for it. I guess we are getting closer each generation to have game specific oc profiles smile.gif

and your right, performance would be negligible at lower clks, its more of the weird symptoms, not the usual crashing, locking or artifacts.
MSI
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition MSI 980Ti Lightning Gskill RipJaw V 3200 C16 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Raid0 Water cooled with 750w chiller EK mono block - MSI XPGTi Bitspower - MSI Lightning 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Home ACER X34 - 3440x1440  Corsair K65 Seasonic 1050w - Silent Snow 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone RV05 - White Razer Epic Naga Chroma Artizan - Hayete Otsu - Soft Corsair Void Wireless - Carbon 
  hide details  
Reply
MSI
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition MSI 980Ti Lightning Gskill RipJaw V 3200 C16 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Raid0 Water cooled with 750w chiller EK mono block - MSI XPGTi Bitspower - MSI Lightning 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Home ACER X34 - 3440x1440  Corsair K65 Seasonic 1050w - Silent Snow 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone RV05 - White Razer Epic Naga Chroma Artizan - Hayete Otsu - Soft Corsair Void Wireless - Carbon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7796 of 10551
Hey everyone just got my Ti today and have to say love it don't miss my 780 ti at all
post #7797 of 10551
So am I still throttling? Depending on game I play temps never over 49c and clocks jump around from 1987 to 2063MHz?
Double Take
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6600k @4.8GHz Asus STRIX Z270E PNY GTX 1080 TI Corsair Dom Plat 16GB 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB WD 4TB Green Corsair H100i v2 Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Ducky Zero HX850i Phanteks EVOLV TG 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder Chroma Razer Goliathus Logitech G930 
  hide details  
Reply
Double Take
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6600k @4.8GHz Asus STRIX Z270E PNY GTX 1080 TI Corsair Dom Plat 16GB 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB WD 4TB Green Corsair H100i v2 Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PB278Q Ducky Zero HX850i Phanteks EVOLV TG 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Deathadder Chroma Razer Goliathus Logitech G930 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7798 of 10551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasboogieman View Post

Broadwell C has an even bigger cache, that L4 cache is 128mb and has only just recently been matched in latency + BW by extreme DDR4 speeds + Kaby lake @ 5ghz. That Crystalwell cache is the reason why the 5775c is so fast, even though its the same architecture, the 5775c core can maintain more of its IPC as datasets get bigger than the L2.
well said, mate.
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7799 of 10551
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddatech View Post

So am I still throttling? Depending on game I play temps never over 49c and clocks jump around from 1987 to 2063MHz?

You'd have to go below 28C or lower under load to not be hitting throttle points.
post #7800 of 10551
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraxKill View Post

You'd have to go below 28C or lower under load to not be hitting throttle points.
yeah, but that does seem to me an extreme throttle.
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club