Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 785

post #7841 of 10735
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipeldiablo View Post

Not sure it fits the case.
This only lasts for one second before displaying again, a signal interruption basically.
Driver didn't crashed
drivers start to crash but recover. this regedit helps extend the time the driver has to recover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddatech View Post

This works thank you +rep!
i tried to tell ya yesterday ;p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico67 View Post

My Gsync stuffed up with the latest drivers, monitors built in frame counter stopped displaying at all, thought I'd killed Gsync lol. Use the Nvidia control panel Gsync indicator to see if it is functioning in game, or if you monitor has an info page that shows working mode that should say Gsync. If none showing Gsync working, then switch Gsync to Windowed+full screen mode and it should hopefully start working again, you can switch back to just fullscreen again afterward and it should stay Gsync.
yah. this. i always have g-sync indicator on. i hate not knowing if it's working for sure or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

Apologies for the incorrectness. I vaguely recalled the process of Gsync.

There was some people complaining of worse benchmark scores with Gsync enabled, but I couldn't remember what was the cause of it.
you were actually pretty much right, and yes it does lower scores, and yes it's b/c partial frames are not being counted by the application.You were basically correct, and your conclusion WAS correct. tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDATI View Post

I think the only way you should be getting issues with Gsync dropping frames, is if you're going in and out of the refresh rate of your monitor. Otherwise, Gsync is functionally no different to the videocard than having Vsync off and no Gsync, it's done entirely on the monitor.....enabling Gsync on the control panel only tells your Gsync module to enable over the displayport connection. So from the processing side of things, nothing should be affected. What Gsync does is all done on the Gsync module....it buffers frames then makes sure the entire frame is discharged at once, rather than allowing half of the next frame to be drawn.

A lot of people don't realize this, but Gsync modules actually contains nearly 1GB of triple channel DDR3, likely more in monitors bigger than 4k/60hz. This is effectively, their frame buffer, which is large enough to store multiple raw frames.

None of this should effect the performance of the GPU. Gsync shouldn't be slowing things down or throwing frames away. Now maybe, the program itself is misreading things because of some bug.
100% of the time your score will be lower with g-sync on. 100% of my tests this is the case, it's forum common knowledge, and it even has a warning when you do a run that your score is artificially lower b/c g-sync was on. It's IS indeed b/c the application doent count the frames that dont fall with in the standard frametime, partial frames are not counted by the application(even though they are displayed on the g-sync). Or something like that. But the conclusion of lesser scores... that's a real thing.
Edited by Slackaveli - 4/30/17 at 10:21am
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7842 of 10735
Everyone have been talking so much about how demanding Witcher 3 was. So i played it for an hour and took this screenshot.



I don't think i'll be touching the card anymore. If it can run 2088 from the start and only downclock to 2075 I'm beyond happy. I got a Strix OC on stock air cooling.
post #7843 of 10735
Quote:
Originally Posted by viz0id View Post

Everyone have been talking so much about how demanding Witcher 3 was. So i played it for an hour and took this screenshot.



I don't think i'll be touching the card anymore. If it can run 2088 from the start and only downclock to 2075 I'm beyond happy. I got a Strix OC on stock air cooling.

Not trying to brag here, but I'm able to play Witcher 3 at 2113.5 Mhz at 1.062-1.075v.

The only thing that has been bugging me is that on a x41 my fans have to run at 100% to keep the card at 48C and it annoys me without headphones.

In the past with my 970, 980 and 980 Ti Witcher 3 definitely let me know if my oc was going to work or not. Pretty much your speak to someone and then the conversation goes on but the scene would freeze.
Edited by SlimJ87D - 4/30/17 at 1:57pm
post #7844 of 10735
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Not trying to brag here, but I'm able to play Witcher 3 at 2113.5 Mhz at 1.062-1.075v.

The only thing that has been bugging me is that on a x41 my fans have to run at 100% to keep the card at 48C and it annoys me without headphones.

Yeah i did not mean to brag either. I know it is not an execptional result, I just did it to test my OC and finally be content with the profile i have chosen, and stop using more time on it smile.gif
post #7845 of 10735
I have to say I love my strix it's boost all the way up 1967 stock and stays around 63c
post #7846 of 10735
Quote:
Originally Posted by viz0id View Post

Yeah i did not mean to brag either. I know it is not an execptional result, I just did it to test my OC and finally be content with the profile i have chosen, and stop using more time on it smile.gif
it's not bragging, just reporting results!

I think the witcher 3 just gets those vrams toasty so long play period could result in a crash as they heat up if on a high overclock. When I play, i run +250 and have been able to stay 2050/2063 for hours.
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7847 of 10735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

it's not bragging, just reporting results!

I think the witcher 3 just gets those vrams toasty so long play period could result in a crash as they heat up if on a high overclock. When I play, i run +250 and have been able to stay 2050/2063 for hours.

Yeah maybe i did not have any problems since i always run +250. I can run higher, but it reduces my performances (at least in supo).

But witcher3 is a bit special as well. Because i had to force the load for the screenshot. Because when i go to map while playing etc, the GPU downclocks to idle mode, so it always lets the temps go down a fair bit in between the high load periods.
post #7848 of 10735
Quote:
Originally Posted by viz0id View Post

Yeah maybe i did not have any problems since i always run +250. I can run higher, but it reduces my performances (at least in supo).

But witcher3 is a bit special as well. Because i had to force the load for the screenshot. Because when i go to map while playing etc, the GPU downclocks to idle mode, so it always lets the temps go down a fair bit in between the high load periods.
lol, gotta do what ya gotta do!

It's actually nice that it does cool off in map b/c that helps keep temps low just flushing out the buildup periodically. Especially for something like vram.
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
EVA3.1
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Broadwell i7-5775c MSI Z97m gaming Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Adata ssd Asetek 240mm Win10 Samsung 8 series suhdtv  
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7849 of 10735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackaveli View Post

why would they need to be listed? i know what scores they achieve. One can just look at the scores and tell they were all 5960x. That was a biased post and you know it. Those dudes don't tune or overclock better because they are rich (and dumb to waste that much money), in fact it's quite the opposite. Rich people are not taking the time to dial in the perfect overclock. If anything it means nothing.

Your point was something about all the 2100 getting beat in Timespy, and then you posted the list of scores that were ONLY that high because of cpu score. Bruh, please. We aint stupid.

How about you compare something relevant to your point, like GPU scores. Or , better yet, stop using a heavily cpu slanted benchmark like Timespy when you are making a point about gpu... But at least use the search parameters. We arent comparing ourselves to k|ngp|n, slinkyPC and them anyway lol.

Look, I really dont care. But this is overclockers.net, so coming in here trying to make fun of people for pushing their cards is not Kosher.

posting is caring helpinghand.gif

OK I didn't assume all the scores came from a 5960x because I investigate before shooting someone.
13th and below are Ryzen cpus or 5820 not 5960x please don't skim read and assume because you can't beat it then no body can without a 5960x
No. 13 submission out of 56
http://hwbot.org/submission/3525401_thesirensong_3dmark___time_spy_geforce_gtx_1080_ti_10426_marks

Have you heard of tunnel vision?
kamikaze
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.8 asus maximus v extreme Asus Strix 1080 Ti  Asus GTX 770 DCUii 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
GSkill 2400Mhz Sandisk ultra pro xspc 240 raystorm Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG UC9938-w AOC 24"  AOC 24" G19 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
enermax maxrevo 1500w nzxt 820 Phantom saitik rat 9 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
kamikaze
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770k @ 4.8 asus maximus v extreme Asus Strix 1080 Ti  Asus GTX 770 DCUii 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
GSkill 2400Mhz Sandisk ultra pro xspc 240 raystorm Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG UC9938-w AOC 24"  AOC 24" G19 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
enermax maxrevo 1500w nzxt 820 Phantom saitik rat 9 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7850 of 10735
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

At 1.093v you're going to have power limiting if you're not shunt modded. Palit bios only gives you an extra 30 watts, you would need 400+ Watts to run 1.093v without power limiting.

Read Kraxkills comment below. If you're not giving your card the power it needs, you're having diminshing returns. Kraxkills is also shunt modded so he's getting around 375-400 Watts of power yet he's hitting another type of power limiting (normalized power limiting).
This is more than likely happening to you but sooner, maybe at 1.050v or less.

Thing is testing 8K Supo at a lower locked voltage via the curve shows lower results. Yes my card only goes up to a max of 345w and stays stable at the clocks I've set it to, but with a manual oc even though clocks are jumping around it hits a max of 400w. Power limit kicks in but in the end i still get a higher score
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club