Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club - Page 95

post #941 of 10794

Without a way of standardized testing and verification people's clocks are going to be all over the place. If the OP would bother to update us on all the relevant 1080ti details since he started the thread, that would be nice.

 
Originally Posted by Mato87 View Post


Of course, but I won't ever go for water cooling solution. They look sleek and tidy, but the cooling performance is very crappy in most cases and whats more important I heard about the thermal throttling, which is usually not a good sign. 

On air GPU temps typically go above CPU temps. On water GPU temps often go below CPU temps. If we're just comparing degrees then a 280mm AIO like Kraken x61 will kick the pants off AIB air cooling solutions. It's actually kind of ridiculous. It's not quite as awesome with many CPUs however.
 

   
Celapaleis (2013)
(16 items)
 
CPURAMHard DriveHard Drive
7600k @ 5.197/1.392 1.392v x2 8gb GSkill Trident Z 3600 @ 3804 15-15-15-32-2T Samsung 950 Pro 512gb (Undelwalt) WD Red 2tb (Pack Yak II) 
Keyboard
Kmac 2 (Brown Switch, Gon PCB, Red LED, Clear Top) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k Delid @ 4.848/4.848 Asus z170 Hero MSI GTX 980ti @ 1499/4082 1.25v/134% Power 2 x 8gb Gskills Ripjaws V 3131 16-16-16-32 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Pro Series 840 256gb (Celapaleis) 1 TB Samsung Drive (Pack Yak) Samsung Pro Series 850 256gb (Celapaleis Reprise) Phoenix Down (External Backup) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua D14 Kraken x61 Push-Pull for GPU Windows 10 Pro Catleap 2560x1440 @ 60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Brown Switches EVGA Supernova 1000w P2 Corsair 540 Air Razer Abyssus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Mini Blue Yeti Microphone Objective Dac + Amp Sescom AB Switch 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Krk Rokit 6 G2 x2 Radioshack Ground Loop Isolator (For Rokits) Wooaudio Aluminum Headphone Stand Sennheiser HD 800 
AudioOther
Logitech c920 Webcam NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Celapaleis (2013)
(16 items)
 
CPURAMHard DriveHard Drive
7600k @ 5.197/1.392 1.392v x2 8gb GSkill Trident Z 3600 @ 3804 15-15-15-32-2T Samsung 950 Pro 512gb (Undelwalt) WD Red 2tb (Pack Yak II) 
Keyboard
Kmac 2 (Brown Switch, Gon PCB, Red LED, Clear Top) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k Delid @ 4.848/4.848 Asus z170 Hero MSI GTX 980ti @ 1499/4082 1.25v/134% Power 2 x 8gb Gskills Ripjaws V 3131 16-16-16-32 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung Pro Series 840 256gb (Celapaleis) 1 TB Samsung Drive (Pack Yak) Samsung Pro Series 850 256gb (Celapaleis Reprise) Phoenix Down (External Backup) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Noctua D14 Kraken x61 Push-Pull for GPU Windows 10 Pro Catleap 2560x1440 @ 60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Brown Switches EVGA Supernova 1000w P2 Corsair 540 Air Razer Abyssus 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Mini Blue Yeti Microphone Objective Dac + Amp Sescom AB Switch 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Krk Rokit 6 G2 x2 Radioshack Ground Loop Isolator (For Rokits) Wooaudio Aluminum Headphone Stand Sennheiser HD 800 
AudioOther
Logitech c920 Webcam NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #942 of 10794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato87 View Post

Of course, but I won't ever go for water cooling solution. They look sleek and tidy, but the cooling performance is very crappy in most cases and whats more important I heard about the thermal throttling, which is usually not a good sign. I really freaking hope the non reference design cards will be available to purchase sometime this week.

Indeed. One thing though to clear up is that there is a difference between thermal throttling and not being able to boost as high at least in my opinion.

For a test in Haven at 1440p on a hour loop, with all of the stock settings the card targets 83 degrees and at those speeds I see my cards hover between mostly between 1750 - 1850 mhz with slight fluctuation on either side on that with a stock fan profile which settles at 50%. I have not once seen the clocks approach the 1582 Mhz quoted boost clock speed of the GPU, if it drops under that I would consider it as thermally throttling.

I do agree however that these cards will not Boost as high due to the thermal constraint as aftermarket AIB cards will be able too, though nothing new in that regards really and same thing applies to every generation of FE / Blower style coolers. Just more apparent with Boost technology. why for 90% of people this is the preferred way to go.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #943 of 10794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

What has the highest core OC been here so far? Air vs water?

Also are you guys seeing more or temp or power limit throttling?

I got mine installed yesterday with an EK waterblock and was stable at 2075 while running valley in a loop. Will try more later today, haven't touched voltage yet.
post #944 of 10794
Quote:
Originally Posted by tconroy135 View Post

I just got an update as well. Mine is 45 minutes away and the delivery should be today, I hope it's early, but not holding my breath.
haha just woke up to this, came here to post a screenshot with the good news.
Sway's rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus x99-A Evga 1080Ti w/ EK wb and backplate Gskill  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Evo  Crusial M4 Wd caviar black Ek predator 360 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Dell curved 34" 21:9 (3440x1440) Corsair K70 Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake core p3 Roccat Kone xtd optical Corsair mm300 extended  klipsche pro media 
Other
5 corsair 120 fans 1 corsair 140 
  hide details  
Reply
Sway's rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus x99-A Evga 1080Ti w/ EK wb and backplate Gskill  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Evo  Crusial M4 Wd caviar black Ek predator 360 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Dell curved 34" 21:9 (3440x1440) Corsair K70 Corsair AX860 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake core p3 Roccat Kone xtd optical Corsair mm300 extended  klipsche pro media 
Other
5 corsair 120 fans 1 corsair 140 
  hide details  
Reply
post #945 of 10794
I can get my card to boost as high as 2088 at 1.08v and 2075 at 1.07v using the Afterburner voltage unlock trick described earlier in this thread.

Ultimately however that doesn't improve performance much for me. My scores are actually nearly identical at 2062.5 at 1.06v where the lower voltage allows for reduced temperatures, lower overall TDP and doesn't put me in between boost 3.0 steps.

I'm running 12k (+500) on the memory. Anything from +450 to +600 scores the same for me. So I'm keeping my vram at +500 well below artifacting, which for me, occures with the vram at +650.

I like to explore and confirm stability using my 4 favorite benches.

Valley, Time Spy, Fire Strike and Heaven

They don't all behave the same with memory clocks. Valley scales really well, even past +550. But Time Spy doesn't give me a notable improvement above +450.

I found Heaven to be the most stressful of the four on the clock speed. I can usually run a bin higher on the other three vs Heaven which becomes my go to for core stability testing as I can usually reach the lowest common denominator here.

I also use GPUZ's logging function at the highest polling rate to review the clocks for any throttling.

It's frankly a peeve of mine when people quote unsustainable (throttling) boost clocks as their overclocks.

Momentary bursts of speed perhaps, but not what I would call a true OC. These kinds of results should quote the lowest noted core clock not the momentary jolt in frequency.

My setup is nothing fancy, I'm running this 1080ti with an NZXT X41 AIO, Noctua fans in push pull, Shunt modded TDP, Liquid Metal Tim.

For those who've asked for screenshots.

This is what that looks like on screen with valley looping for 15-30min. As you can see no throttle whatsoever.



I think this is where I'll be keeping her until Volta.
post #946 of 10794
So for the adopters of this card, are you guys noticing any differences in temps and noise vs earlier FE coolers? Obviously I'm targeting 1070 or 1080 FE users. I don't expect the minimal changes to the FE cooler to really have a measurable effect, but I figure it's worth an ask.
 
OverCoaster
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k [4.5GHz] Gigabyte Z97N G5 EVGA 1080 Ti SC BE G.Skill Ripjaw X [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Phanteks PH-F120MP [x2] 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Professional [x64] Acer Predator X34 Dell P2012Ht Razer Blackwidow X [Tournament Ed.] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600 [600w] NCASE M1 [v5] Razer DeathAdder Elite QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] 
Audio
Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] Dell S2716DGR [144hz] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] Logitech G403 
Mouse PadAudio
SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
 
OverCoaster
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k [4.5GHz] Gigabyte Z97N G5 EVGA 1080 Ti SC BE G.Skill Ripjaw X [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Phanteks PH-F120MP [x2] 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Professional [x64] Acer Predator X34 Dell P2012Ht Razer Blackwidow X [Tournament Ed.] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600 [600w] NCASE M1 [v5] Razer DeathAdder Elite QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] 
Audio
Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] Dell S2716DGR [144hz] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] Logitech G403 
Mouse PadAudio
SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #947 of 10794
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

So for the adopters of this card, are you guys noticing any differences in temps and noise vs earlier FE coolers? Obviously I'm targeting 1070 or 1080 FE users. I don't expect the minimal changes to the FE cooler to really have a measurable effect, but I figure it's worth an ask.

Compared to all my 1080's FE's not massively. Temps is hard to say because as the 1080FE, they all target 83 degrees and will hit that and maintain it with a mix managing the boost. With stock fan profile's however I actually find it pretty quiet and not at all intrusive. Fan profile at stock tops out at 50% or so on my cards which maintains 83 degrees and is good for maintaining a boost in the 1750-1850 mhz region with memory clocked to 12.2 Ghz. Find that a nice spot to be in.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #948 of 10794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radox-0 View Post

Compared to all my 1080's FE's not massively. Temps is hard to say because as the 1080FE, they all target 83 degrees and will hit that and maintain it with a mix managing the boost. With stock fan profile's however I actually find it pretty quiet and not at all intrusive. Fan profile at stock tops out at 50% or so on my cards which maintains 83 degrees and is good for maintaining a boost in the 1750-1850 mhz region with memory clocked to 12.2 Ghz. Find that a nice spot to be in.

Yeah, I found with the FE on the TXP that 70% needed to be utilized to maintain a ~2000Mhz clock speed on it. Thanks for the input thumb.gif.
 
OverCoaster
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k [4.5GHz] Gigabyte Z97N G5 EVGA 1080 Ti SC BE G.Skill Ripjaw X [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Phanteks PH-F120MP [x2] 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Professional [x64] Acer Predator X34 Dell P2012Ht Razer Blackwidow X [Tournament Ed.] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600 [600w] NCASE M1 [v5] Razer DeathAdder Elite QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] 
Audio
Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] Dell S2716DGR [144hz] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] Logitech G403 
Mouse PadAudio
SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
 
OverCoaster
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k [4.5GHz] Gigabyte Z97N G5 EVGA 1080 Ti SC BE G.Skill Ripjaw X [16GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX Savage [480GB] Mushkin Enhanced Reactor [1TB] Corsair H75 + F120MP Phanteks PH-F120MP [x2] 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Professional [x64] Acer Predator X34 Dell P2012Ht Razer Blackwidow X [Tournament Ed.] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600 [600w] NCASE M1 [v5] Razer DeathAdder Elite QcK+ [Vault 111 Ed.] 
Audio
Schiit Bifrost Uber + Schiit Asgard 2 + TH-X00... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac ASUS GTX 1070 FE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 [White Ed.] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 [250GB] Phanteks PH-TC14PE  Win 10 Pro [x64] Dell S2716DGR [144hz] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KC60 [Miami Ed.] EVGA 550 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX [White] Logitech G403 
Mouse PadAudio
SS QcK Heavy AudioQuest Dragonfly Black + Sennhesier HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #949 of 10794
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraxKill View Post

I can get my card to boost as high as 2088 at 1.08v and 2075 at 1.07v using the Afterburner voltage unlock trick described earlier in this thread.

Ultimately however that doesn't improve performance much for me. My scores are actually nearly identical at 2062.5 at 1.06v where the lower voltage allows for reduced temperatures, lower overall TDP and doesn't put me in between boost 3.0 steps.

I'm running 12k (+500) on the memory. Anything from +450 to +600 scores the same for me. So I'm keeping my vram at +500 well below artifacting, which for me, occures with the vram at +650.

I like to explore and confirm stability using my 4 favorite benches.

Valley, Time Spy, Fire Strike and Heaven

They don't all behave the same with memory clocks. Valley scales really well, even past +550. But Time Spy doesn't give me a notable improvement above +450.

I found Heaven to be the most stressful of the four on the clock speed. I can usually run a bin higher on the other three vs Heaven which becomes my go to for core stability testing as I can usually reach the lowest common denominator here.

I also use GPUZ's logging function at the highest polling rate to review the clocks for any throttling.

It's frankly a peeve of mine when people quote unsustainable (throttling) boost clocks as their overclocks.

Momentary bursts of speed perhaps, but not what I would call a true OC. These kinds of results should quote the lowest noted core clock not the momentary jolt in frequency.

My setup is nothing fancy, I'm running this 1080ti with an NZXT X41 AIO, Noctua fans in push pull, Shunt modded TDP, Liquid Metal Tim.

For those who've asked for screenshots.

This is what that looks like on screen with valley looping for 15-30min. As you can see no throttle whatsoever.



I think this is where I'll be keeping her until Volta.

This is basically identical to how my card is behaving, 2063 sustained core with 6003 on memory. I have the 980ti hybrid cooler with push-pull fans, no shunt mod, Noctua TIM. Max temp ~36-38C.
post #950 of 10794
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post

I just got a update on the tracking # from fedex. My package is now in Memphis Tennessee. biggrin.gif

@dboythagr8
@chibi
@SpartanJet
@sway20

Well well

Mine is in town at local FedEx facility. Hopefully this situation comes to an end today!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club