Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 1001

post #10001 of 17652
I'm sure this has been mentioned several times already, but if you are having issues with improper temps and/or fan curves because of the +20 offset, play around with the SenseMI skew number in the bios. My 1700X at stock clocks and voltage with an H110i was idling at 60C which I knew couldn't be right, so I set senseMI skew to 288 from 272 and now I'm getting 35-38C at idle, 60C under load.

Having said that, you are never really going to know what your temperatures are, but with the offset we are already in that boat only with senseMI skew adjusted, now you won't get throttling or the crazy fan oscillations.
The Beast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 4GHz (32.25X120.4) ASUS Crosshair VI Hero (0082) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming Edition MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming Edition 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G-Skill TridentZ F4-3000C14D-32GTZ @ 3210MHz (2... Samsung 960 EVO NVMe m.2 500GB Corsair H110i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc87 ultrawide 3440x1440 Corsair Strafe Corsair AX760i Platinum Corsair 460X RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 4GHz (32.25X120.4) ASUS Crosshair VI Hero (0082) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming Edition MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming Edition 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G-Skill TridentZ F4-3000C14D-32GTZ @ 3210MHz (2... Samsung 960 EVO NVMe m.2 500GB Corsair H110i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34uc87 ultrawide 3440x1440 Corsair Strafe Corsair AX760i Platinum Corsair 460X RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10002 of 17652
Should we have a party for reaching a thousand pages of sage advice?


Cold boots, or lack thereof.....
Are there any ideas that might help the first start of the day? Even on stock everything (CPU, RAM) It is a bugger to wake up in the morning. Would a hair dryer help or is the name "cold boot problem" a bit misleading and it has nothing to do with heat. If it is a thermal thing, which components should I shoot my heat gun at?
Or what voltages can I set to get round the problem. I suppose VSOC and DRAM. Does setting the CPU core voltage absurdly high solve the cold starts?
I think this has all been tried and may mitigate the issue but I read about people here suffering first start of the day problems even with big overclocks and monstrous voltages....

If it is a thermal thing then it is possible to add heat manually if we know where to apply it.
post #10003 of 17652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuki View Post

Does anyone know that Dual Rank RAM will get update to support above 2667MHz or not?

Hope so, in May perhaps. But be careful, questions like that are suspiciously close to asking for an ETA......
lol.
post #10004 of 17652
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhairguy View Post

I'm sure this has been mentioned several times already, but if you are having issues with improper temps and/or fan curves because of the +20 offset, play around with the SenseMI skew number in the bios. My 1700X at stock clocks and voltage with an H110i was idling at 60C which I knew couldn't be right, so I set senseMI skew to 288 from 272 and now I'm getting 35-38C at idle, 60C under load.
This is one of the reasons this is the best motherboard, even for 24/7 OC. No other board currently has this feature as far as I'm aware.
post #10005 of 17652
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorbot View Post

Hope so, in May perhaps. But be careful, questions like that are suspiciously close to asking for an ETA......
lol.

I only wanna know whether it's fixable or hardware limitation.

If it's fixable then I will wait but if it's hardware limitation then I will sell off my current RAM
and buy a new one.
post #10006 of 17652
on creator win 10 CPU stress bench,
any body there? who not suffer from temporary freezing or sttuturing
or any solution exists ?
post #10007 of 17652
Quote:
Originally Posted by arang View Post

on creator win 10 CPU stress bench,
any body there? who not suffer from temporary freezing or sttuturing
or any solution exists ?

I am still struggling with those freezes... no fix yet. Though on my machine it does only occur on high cpu load combined with high ram load. "Pure" CPU Load like Realbench H.264 Benchmark somehow does not trigger this behaviour.
post #10008 of 17652
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbone View Post

I am still struggling with those freezes... no fix yet. Though on my machine it does only occur on high cpu load combined with high ram load. "Pure" CPU Load like Realbench H.264 Benchmark somehow does not trigger this behaviour.
really thanks for fast reply ,as for me it occurs also when realbench stress test
this is really stress on me mad.gif
post #10009 of 17652
Quote:
Originally Posted by arang View Post

really thanks for fast reply , for me it occurs also when realbench stress test
this is really stress on me mad.gif

What I meant is: RealBench Stress test does trigger this behaviour, Realbench Benchmark H.264 test does not.

edit: I did also notice these hickups in some other random applications like games btw. But not all of them. Mainly older ones. For example I tried "Heroes of Might and Magic III - HD Edition"
Edited by crossbone - 4/18/17 at 11:31pm
post #10010 of 17652
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbone View Post

What I meant is: RealBench Stress test does trigger this behaviour, Realbench Benchmark H.264 test does not.
yes i got it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread