Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 1040

post #10391 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstocks View Post

What is a safe 24/7 dram temperature? I have no idea. Been running fine at 1.4v I think temps are like 48-53C reported vdim by hwinfo. Is that fine?

The limits in the chip specs are around 85°C. Mine went as far as ~60°C so far during testing without issues, and you need to push them quite hard to get that far.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair IV Hero NVidia GTX 980 Ti NVidia GTX 660 
RAMCoolingCoolingCooling
G.SKILL 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3... EK-Supremacy MX EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 EK-CoolStream XE 360 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 EVGA Supernova 850 T2 Cooler Master - K280 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair IV Hero NVidia GTX 980 Ti NVidia GTX 660 
RAMCoolingCoolingCooling
G.SKILL 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3... EK-Supremacy MX EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 EK-CoolStream XE 360 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 EVGA Supernova 850 T2 Cooler Master - K280 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10392 of 17819
Thanks, guess I am totally safe then. Could maybe push 1.45v and try for higher speeds or lower latency, but think I will wait till May.
On another note, anyone know why windows 10 cpu % option in advanced or performance power plan just dissapeared or why computer won't go into screen saver mode even though screensaver and password on return are checked off? This never happened on my Intel systems.
post #10393 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundica View Post

Power plan in Windows needs to be Balanced or you need to adjust the min CPU percentage in advanced power settings for High Performance(Or the same with the Ryzen profile, although I don't know what the Ryzen profile actually does, just know it's set to 90 percent).

I don't have the option.

post #10394 of 17819
Same I dont have the CPU % option anymore and I dont use Ryzen plan or installed it. I always use high performance plan and the CPU option just dissapeared. I am assuming since I am overclocked to 4GHZ constant speed and voltage maybe the option dissapears? But I have no idea why my screeensaver doesnt kick in anymore.
post #10395 of 17819
Could be a solution for some people who has boot issues with new bios versions:

I was playing around with latest bios version and my Ram voltage was set on 1.4v and vsoc +offset 0.025v
In meanwhile i Didn't now i had a boot issue rolleyes.gif

Every time when i completely turn off the system and reboot with case-button the system gets a boot failure,
and goes to a certain rescue mode: P states are wiped, running stock speeds, but with very high cpu voltage (known issue).

What i did:
I was trying some different ProcODT values, but the first 4 values didn't work for me and i didn't had the patience
trying the rest of the values, so i started trying some other things.

Leaved ProcODT on default and lowered the RAM voltage to 1.35v + Manual vscoc on 1.15.
And BAM, the boot issues was gone!

I can reproduce this on bios version 0079 + 0081!

Maybe someone with same boot issues can try if this helps!
post #10396 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

I don't have the option.


Try adding them true register ! See link below, (option2)

https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/51027-power-options-add-remove-min-max-processor-state.html
post #10397 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestynl View Post

Could be a solution for some people who has boot issues with new bios versions:

I was playing around with latest bios version and my Ram voltage was set on 1.4v and vsoc +offset 0.025v
In meanwhile i Didn't now i had a boot issue rolleyes.gif

Every time when i completely turn off the system and reboot with case-button the system gets a boot failure,
and goes to a certain rescue mode: P states are wiped, running stock speeds, but with very high cpu voltage (known issue).

What i did:
I was trying some different ProcODT values, but the first 4 values didn't work for me and i didn't had the patience
trying the rest of the values, so i started trying some other things.

Leaved ProcODT on default and lowered the RAM voltage to 1.35v + Manual vscoc on 1.15.
And BAM, the boot issues was gone!

I can reproduce this on bios version 0079 + 0081!

Maybe someone with same boot issues can try if this helps!

I have also no issues, so far set Proc0Dt to 53ohm, Vdimm Voltage 1.34v or 1.35v, Soc to 0.975v.

Can some one explain what happens whe i rise Pro0Dt? Change of subtimming?

Regards
post #10398 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstocks View Post

Same I dont have the CPU % option anymore and I dont use Ryzen plan or installed it. I always use high performance plan and the CPU option just dissapeared. I am assuming since I am overclocked to 4GHZ constant speed and voltage maybe the option dissapears? But I have no idea why my screeensaver doesnt kick in anymore.

It's as you say, when overclocking using the multi there are no pstates exposed and therefor these options are missing. I even had event log errors that I'd say are caused by this ("Performance power management features on processor 15 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.") Once I switched back to pstate OC the settings reappear and the even log entries are now informations ("Processor 11 in group 0 exposes the following power management capabilities: [...]").
Edited by malitze - 4/20/17 at 2:09pm
main
(10 items)
 
  
Reply
main
(10 items)
 
  
Reply
post #10399 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestynl View Post

Try adding them true register ! See link below, (option2)

https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/51027-power-options-add-remove-min-max-processor-state.html

Tried it and didn't change anything. Wonder if I'm missing something
post #10400 of 17819
Does anyone else have problems with USB units, especially card readers?

I have multiple card readers from Lexar that have always worked flawlessly, but after the Ryzen/CH6 upgrade, they disconnect randomly, all the time. It's really killing me, as I'm a professional photographer, and it makes it really messy to import files. It doesn't matter if I use a 3m USB extension, or plug them diretly into the motherboard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread