Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 1105

post #11041 of 17811
With bios 082, im getting cold boot problems with mems, i have trident z rgb 3200 cl14 2x8, correct timmings and voltage.

System start, beeps, auto shut down, auto restart and boot in windows, mems at 2133 cl15. Restart system and mems are at 3200 cl14. Running without problems.

Is there any fix? may 083 bios fix this? i try to find a solution, but is difficult to find something in 1000+ pages.
post #11042 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazama View Post

With bios 082, im getting cold boot problems with mems, i have trident z rgb 3200 cl14 2x8, correct timmings and voltage.

System start, beeps, auto shut down, auto restart and boot in windows, mems at 2133 cl15. Restart system and mems are at 3200 cl14. Running without problems.

Is there any fix? may 083 bios fix this? i try to find a solution, but is difficult to find something in 1000+ pages.

There is a DRAM cold boot workaround BIOS number 0003. You will need to search in this thread for its particular installation requirements.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1800X ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 Asus ROG STRIX nVidia GeForce GTX1080Ti-O11G G. Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-32GTZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 256GB Asus UltraDrive 8X Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4  Linux Mint 18.1 MATE 64-bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 4K TV OLED55B6P Logitech MK235 RF Wireless Keyboard & Mouse PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 860i Nanoxia Project S 
Mouse
See Keyboard 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
147,456 cores all registers exposed at the console 4096 36-bit words rotary drum 
Optical DriveMonitor
6 magnetic tape drives neon lites for every register; oscilloscope for... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1800X ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 Asus ROG STRIX nVidia GeForce GTX1080Ti-O11G G. Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-32GTZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 256GB Asus UltraDrive 8X Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4  Linux Mint 18.1 MATE 64-bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 4K TV OLED55B6P Logitech MK235 RF Wireless Keyboard & Mouse PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 860i Nanoxia Project S 
Mouse
See Keyboard 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
147,456 cores all registers exposed at the console 4096 36-bit words rotary drum 
Optical DriveMonitor
6 magnetic tape drives neon lites for every register; oscilloscope for... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11043 of 17811
@elmor


OK, I got a new one....

If I shutdown from Windows 10 and then hit the power button on the front of the case to start, the system will boot into 3200 Mhz for my RAM.

If I REBOOT/RESTART from Windows 10 the system will completely power down and upon self power up with power button it will fail to train and boot into 2133.

Mel
post #11044 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

double click the toolbox icon and it will open.

Op.. thanks. I'm going silly with all configurations. thumb.gif
post #11045 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildar View Post

@elmor


OK, I got a new one....

If I shutdown from Windows 10 and then hit the power button on the front of the case to start, the system will boot into 3200 Mhz for my RAM.

If I REBOOT/RESTART from Windows 10 the system will completely power down and upon self power up with power button it will fail to train and boot into 2133.

Mel

Hello

The system is failing training due to instability. Adjust timings, voltages and ProODT to achieve stability. If this is not possible run the memory at a lower speed.
post #11046 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestynl View Post

More funny is that mine did same. The one with broken RGB showed the right xmp profile. And the other one with Leds half working showed weird xmp ( 0.0)

I removed the stick one by one and tried to boot. The one with weird xmp didn't boot anymore when seated alone in the banks. That was the moment I knew the stick was died.

OK, that is a concern as I noticed this yesterday:


Only 1 stick tho, other one is fine.

System seems to be a-OK, plus this only happens on CPU-Z; HWiNFO shows all SPD's on both sticks as perfectly fine.
post #11047 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossctr View Post

Well I tried different BIOS and toggling the setting in BIOS but other than that I'm not sure what else I could do. Yesterday the Asus Aura software showed the M/B parts inc headers, this morning it only showed my G.Skill RAM and now it just out right crashes when I try to open it. Just downloaded the G.Skill software and that just crashes as well so I'm pretty much stuck now.

I would try the uninstall methods combining the use of third party uninstall apps and manual deletions that you find in this thread. I would make sure G.Skill and Aura are completely uninstalled. Clean the registry after that. Then try a reinstall of Aura. If Aura loads, try hitting the circular little icon in the upper left corner, and the on-off options in Aura and see if that does the trick.
post #11048 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post

Hello

The system is failing training due to instability. Adjust timings, voltages and ProODT to achieve stability. If this is not possible run the memory at a lower speed.

Been there done that got the T-shirt....

System is stable.... This is probably tied to the ongoing cold boot issue.....
post #11049 of 17811
Thaiphoon Burner does not read my SPD's, and here is what I see from CPU-Z:



I'm mystified. This is two kits of F4-3600C16D-16GTZR. UEFI settings for memory ATM are 1.4V for both DRAM and DRAM Boot. Timings are set to 18-18-18-38, with a speed of 2933 MHz.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
post #11050 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazama View Post

Is there any fix? may 083 bios fix this? i try to find a solution, but is difficult to find something in 1000+ pages.
BIOS 0083 has the same issue and the BIOS 0003 is risky. I'm waiting for a safer beta BIOS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread