Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 1133

post #11321 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

If may doesn't fix this. I am seriously done with ryzen. I have issues with corsair ram that are identical to review kits on the other c6h now lol. Thank god x299 is around the corner.

IMO AMD send guys with C6H review kits the wrong ram in the first place. If you'd noticed from the QVL, 3000mhz ram is nowhere to be found ! They just picked one ram model and sent it to every reviewer no matter what mobo they got.
post #11322 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

IMO AMD send guys with C6H review kits the wrong ram in the first place. If you'd noticed from the QVL, 3000mhz ram is nowhere to be found ! They just picked one ram model and sent it to every reviewer no matter what mobo they got.

Well everything was fine until the past week or so. I've had my 2 boards since launch. Then it just all went to hell rolling to 1002 does nothing. It only seems to play nice with 16gb which is heavily limiting for my application.
post #11323 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

Well everything was fine until the past week or so. I've had my 2 boards since launch. Then it just all went to hell rolling to 1002 does nothing.

Is yours also 3000mhz ram or a variant of the same model?
post #11324 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

Is yours also 3000mhz ram or a variant of the same model?

Exact same kit. I also have the gskill 3200 c16s as well and those were perfectly fine until now.
post #11325 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

Exact same kit. I also have the gskill 3200 c16s as well and those were perfectly fine until now.

the gskill 3200 c16's certainly arent the favored samsung B die tho redface.gif do you know if the corsairs are samsung b die or not? timings on them look too horrendous for them to be..
post #11326 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

the gskill 3200 c16's certainly arent the favored samsung B die tho redface.gif do you know if the corsairs are samsung b die or not?

Not sure. I could go and get the c14 b die. However, I do not feel it's worth buying DDR4 at it's current jacked up price to be on a platform when I have 3 sets of drr4 in hand already.
post #11327 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltPC View Post

I do wish Asus / G.Skill would get together for a fix if it really is the RGB Aura software that is causing SPD corruption. I suspect it it is, but have not seen a definitive proof yet, it is close to a "smoking gun" thing at this point.

If G.Skill is really using the SPD to control the LEDs on the memory, then there's no "fix". Anything accessing the SPD while their software is trying to update the LED status is going to be fighting with it, and when a bad combination happens, your SPD is corrupted.

A few tips for people with G.Skill RGB RAM for now:

  1. If you can afford to, stop using the G.Skill LEDs altogether, it's the only way to be sure you aren't going to corrupt your SPD;
  2. If you can't just stop using it, don't have the G.Skill software running with any monitoring software. CPU-Z or HWInfo are going to conflict with it and corrupt your SPD;
  3. If it's already too late, your memory is still mostly fine. You just can't use D.O.C.P. anymore in the BIOS. Trying to use the D.O.C.P. settings with corrupted SPD may cause your vDDR to be set to any arbitrary number, if that happens, it may permanently disable your memory and possibly damage the motherboard (and CPU?).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair IV Hero NVidia GTX 980 Ti NVidia GTX 660 
RAMCoolingCoolingCooling
G.SKILL 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3... EK-Supremacy MX EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 EK-CoolStream XE 360 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 EVGA Supernova 850 T2 Cooler Master - K280 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair IV Hero NVidia GTX 980 Ti NVidia GTX 660 
RAMCoolingCoolingCooling
G.SKILL 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3... EK-Supremacy MX EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 EK-CoolStream XE 360 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 EVGA Supernova 850 T2 Cooler Master - K280 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11328 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

Not sure. I could go and get the c14 b die. However, I do not feel it's worth buying DDR4 at it's current jacked up price to be on a platform when I have 3 sets of drr4 in hand already.

I guess hope the May update helps the non-samsung b die situation enough. Or go o a lim and pick of a b-die set of some type. Maybe those sets you already have have been tainted by the intel platforms they've been in, save the review kit one rolleyes.gif
post #11329 of 17133
New version of CPU-Z bench, now shows i7-6950k beating my processor in multi thread and almost matching in single ! Everything up til now has been a lie
post #11330 of 17133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

New version of CPU-Z bench, now shows i7-6950k beating my processor in multi thread and almost matching in single ! Everything up til now has been a lie

Well, 10 cores vs 8, so I guess that's acceptable... The CPU-Z benchmark is quite a bad thing to use as a base anyway, more useful to prevent people from just booting at 4.5GHz and posting crazy validations.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair IV Hero NVidia GTX 980 Ti NVidia GTX 660 
RAMCoolingCoolingCooling
G.SKILL 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3... EK-Supremacy MX EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 EK-CoolStream XE 360 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 EVGA Supernova 850 T2 Cooler Master - K280 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair IV Hero NVidia GTX 980 Ti NVidia GTX 660 
RAMCoolingCoolingCooling
G.SKILL 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3... EK-Supremacy MX EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 EK-CoolStream XE 360 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 EVGA Supernova 850 T2 Cooler Master - K280 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread