Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 1148

post #11471 of 16894
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstocks View Post

\

Where do I find this XFR off setting in the bios? I have looked everywhere and am overclocked to 3.95ghz, so thought it is automatically off. I still get two temps seperated by 20C

I think you misunderstood me, the option to disable the "fake" temperature is not there yet...XFR on or off would not affect the reported temperatures.
post #11472 of 16894
Quote:
Originally Posted by madweazl View Post

And you could probably run IBT at max for a few minutes to see the same thing but it depends on what you're actually testing for was his point, I believe.

nope I pass 3x maximum 15gb on them settings (thats around 35 minutes) or can run very high 24/7 specially after NVMe w10 stutter Fix.


All in all cant see much point of running HCL Memtest... Turning 15x1024 + 1xmaximum is... PAIN IN THE ASS and with TPU Memtest its Click and go. Besides that it puts stuff in swap file to use more mem up.


Before TPU one came out this rig had 4 days of 9 hour long HCI memtest runs when i left for work. To test different memory and IMC settings.

Like I'm one of not many people that sent back 3 memory kits cause was not happy with them I'm on 4th memory kit since Ryzen came out smile.gif

Still would love to Have a go at Patriot Viper 3600 cl16 those are single sided Samsung B's. My mate had them going at 4000 cl 17 or 18 cant remember at 1.41 volts
Edited by lordzed83 - 4/25/17 at 12:46pm
post #11473 of 16894
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post

Still would love to Have a go at Patriot Viper 3600 cl16 those are single sided Samsung B's. My mate had them going at 4000 cl 17 or 18 cant remember at 1.41 volts
G.Skill has a 3600 CL15 kit, which I assume is Sammy B's as well. Or so I hope since I bought it. Not cheap stuff though, especially with the ryze in DDR4 prices (paid $300CDN). If this cold boot issue ever gets fixed, I'll put it through it's paces. Messing with ram on this board now is maddening due to that issue.
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
FireBox
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Gene Zotac GTX 980 x 2 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB ADATA S900 x 2 RAID0 3TB x 2 RAID1 1TB x 2 single storage Custom water loop 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC EX360 rads x 1 / AlphaCool Monsta 360 x 2 ... Dual D5 variable pumps Windows 7 64 bit SP1 Samsung 27" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Corsair AX750 Case Labs Magnum M8 Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11474 of 16894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

G.Skill has a 3600 CL15 kit, which I assume is Sammy B's as well. Or so I hope since I bought it. Not cheap stuff though, especially with the ryze in DDR4 prices (paid $300CDN). If this cold boot issue ever gets fixed, I'll put it through it's paces. Messing with ram on this board now is maddening due to that issue.

1.0.0.5 should be out in the next 1-2 weeks, and will hopefully fix EVERYTHING(though realistically, if it fixes RAM speeds, I will be happy).
post #11475 of 16894
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecChum View Post

Do you have the SPD reading issues too?

Mate i did not check this, but i could start my system after 18h of not useing without any probelms!


unistall that crap @ all.
post #11476 of 16894
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFUMAN View Post

Mate i did not check this, but i could start my system after 18h of not useing without any probelms!


unistall that crap @ all.

Way ahead of you biggrin.gif
post #11477 of 16894
@elmor

Im testing ZenStates 0.2.2 and below some first feedbacks from me!
I was running my Pstates OC profile (4.Ghz) when installed:

Installation was easy and without any issues! After install i opened the app and saw all Pstates where
already Filled in. The 40x multiplier & 1.35v is same value what i use in my P0.

Nothing special here, but didn't saw it getting kicked into P1 or P2 as applied in ZenStates. So i boot into bios to see what happened there. I saw nothing was changed from my own Profile. P1 or P2 was at default. (no values from Zenstates).

I changed P0 to default in bios and logged back into windows. I didn't see anything different. Speeds where just like on stock (3.6ghz). So i opened Zen-states and Applied the Pstates there again, immediately Multiplier 40 kicked in but the silly high-voltage issue did show his face also in this situation mad.gif.. Damn 1.6v on vcore..! Same thing when boot training failed and it goes in to recovery mode.

Screenshot:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Im now going to try suggestion from @gupsterg : Disable Core Performance Boost. Lets see if this can help not getting the High voltages issue.
Edited by majestynl - 4/25/17 at 1:28pm
post #11478 of 16894
Quote:
Originally Posted by y0bailey View Post

More NVMe testing.

Alright...I messed around with my NVMe drive last night (MydigitalSSD BPX 240gb).

This is all on a clean install of W10 Creators update, and immediately clean install of the newest AMD chipset drivers.

Just a brief bit of history, I was getting pretty bad write speeds on W10 anniversary edition, default MS NVMe driver. I could improve the speed by ticking the "buffer flushing" option in windows. I could also improve speeds by installing OCZ drivers or Samsung drivers.

With the Creators update I already say some improved write speeds off the bat. Not 100% at what my drive can perform, but already nearing "adequate."

Installing the OCZ NVMe driver saw some improvement in write speeds, but for some reason my computer would stop shutting down with this driver installed. Windows would "shut down", but my computer would remain on drawing 150watts from the wall indefinitely. I would have to manually shut down.

Installing the Samsung NVMe driver got me back up to proper speeds immediately, shut down issues resolved, etc. I managed to find a guide on Reddit about how to install/extract the Samsung NVMe drivers without a Samsung drive. See below for link to these drivers (64bit only).



So I'm sticking with the Samsung NVMe driver for now.

I haven't had any corruption issues/etc. when messing with installing these different NVMe drivers, so don't be too afraid to play around if you are brave.

SAMSUNG NVMe Driver: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=02593595896719629821

Thanks so much for this. I came across the same reddit post explaining how to extract the drivers from Samsung but I couldn't use the application they mentioned as it wouldn't work for me with W10 CU no matter what. So now thanks to you I've got the latest 2.2 drivers from Samsung at hand. Thanks again!
post #11479 of 16894
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestynl View Post

@elmor

Im testing ZenStates 0.2.2 and below some first feedbacks from me!
I was running my Pstates OC profile (4.Ghz) when installed:

Installation was easy and without any issues! After install i opened the app and saw all Pstates where
already Filled in. The 40x multiplier & 1.35v is same value what i use in my P0.

Nothing special here, but didn't saw it getting kicked into P1 or P2 as applied in ZenStates. So i boot into bios to see what happened there. I saw nothing was changed from my own Profile. P1 or P2 was at default. (no values from Zenstates).

I changed P0 to default in bios and logged back into windows. I didn't see anything different. Speeds where just like on stock (3.6ghz). So i opened Zen-states and Applied the Pstates there again, immediately Multiplier 40 kicked in but the silly high-voltage issue did show his face also in this situation mad.gif.. Damn 1.6v on vcore..! Same thing when boot training failed and it goes in to recovery mode.

Screenshot:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Im now going to try suggestion from @gupsterg : Disable Core Performance Boost. Lets see if this can help not getting the High voltages issue.

You using any voltage offset when using ZenStates? Should be using auto for your core voltage if using it.
post #11480 of 16894
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3N7D3A7H View Post

You using any voltage offset when using ZenStates? Should be using auto for your core voltage if using it.

Yes im using offset! But isn't that the same when setting Pstates in bios.? That's how i run my P0 states normally whens set in bios.
So if thats the case ZenStates inst working with offset modes? And by the way, still weird to get 1.6v
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread