Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 1164

post #11631 of 17844
@Reikoji is it yours? wink.gifwink.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ryzen ROG'ks
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero AMD Vega MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR samsung 960 PRO 1TB Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Ubuntu 17.04 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 38UC99 WF Corsair K95 Platinium RGB Silver Switch EVGA T2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS (Galaxy Silver) Razer Mamba Razer Firefly 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen ROG'ks
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1700 Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero AMD Vega MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR samsung 960 PRO 1TB Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Ubuntu 17.04 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 38UC99 WF Corsair K95 Platinium RGB Silver Switch EVGA T2 850W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS (Galaxy Silver) Razer Mamba Razer Firefly 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11632 of 17844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benus74 View Post

I want to see this pictured wink.gif show us your plans and I might rethink about water cooling wink.gif

So far, the reason why I use the big Noctua D15SE is because it's is BIG.
It looks like a motor bike engine, and that's why I love it smile.gif

I was thinking of the darkrock pro 3 but somehow I like the D15SE, and at least I know it doesn't have memory clearance issue (the darkrock pro 3 seems to be more problematic for this aspect)

So please, show us some pictures smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benus74 View Post

@Reikoji is it yours? wink.gifwink.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lol no but thats awesome! This is all just madness going through my head atm smile.gif. Something fun to try if I can throw some money at it.
Edited by Reikoji - 4/26/17 at 10:36am
post #11633 of 17844
Here is my bios settings :






post #11634 of 17844
Quote:
Originally Posted by YpsiNine View Post

You can find info on this earlier in the thread. The problem is that the thread is huge, so here it goes:

1800X, CH6 v 0081 and G.skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZR RAM.

Some overclocking is present, although I have of course tried to fix the problem by wiping the BIOS (i.e. resetting everything to default) to run at stock settings.
So it's not the OC that causes this, it is something else.

With that said, I just saw this article:
https://www.techpowerup.com/232754/microsoft-advises-against-installing-the-creators-update-manually

That is what I did, it was a fresh USB install on this hardware by using the Media Creation Tool.
Perhaps it is something fundamentally wrong in the Creators version of Win 10.

If it wasn't happening prior to installation of the creators update, then its another issue with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batuhano View Post

Here is my bios settings :
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Looks like you do indeed need to set the Pstate 0 from auto to custom and change the speed to be 3050 via the FID in order for it to all start activating first, but also change P1 and P2 to reduced speeds as well, leaving the VIDs alone in bios.
post #11635 of 17844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseki View Post

One would want to include a controller that kept the liquid above the dew point of the room air. For most this would avoid needing to use ethylene glycol for a coolant liquid. If water condenses on the lines over the motherboard, one might expect ill effects on the processing. (I think this is why the LN2 people wax their boards.) With enough condensation, we are back to leak mode with respect to everything below the PC, such as furniture, books, floor, etc.

That is a possibility. I'd just go with using ethylene glycol for the liquid. Could test it out by operating a system thats not attached to a PC and see if the lines build up condensation.

My intended point is that to have a refrigeration based cooler that is practical for a range of circumstances without big flaws like causing physical damage from condensation, some complexity is needed in the refrigeration control system. In an aerospace system of this type, control of refrigerant flow using solenoid valves and of condenser air flow using fan power control would be expected, along with attendant temperature sensors and control processing. Dynamics of CPU heat output changes would have to be accounted for in the control loops to assure that the refrigeration system's reaction time was fast enough.

For a low cost approach, it might be sufficient to maintain a reservoir of liquid that both the CPU coolant loop heat exchanger and the refrigeration heat exchanger (evaporator side) sat in, and a refrigeration loop that attempted to keep this pool at a given temperature using a simple compressor on-off control (like a typical home refrigerator/freezer). The pool volume would have to be large enough (as a thermal mass) that the two loops could operate independently and still achieve reasonable temperature stability.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1800X ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 Asus ROG STRIX nVidia GeForce GTX1080Ti-O11G G. Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-32GTZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 256GB Asus UltraDrive 8X Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4  Linux Mint 18.1 MATE 64-bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 4K TV OLED55B6P Logitech MK235 RF Wireless Keyboard & Mouse PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 860i Nanoxia Project S 
Mouse
See Keyboard 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
147,456 cores all registers exposed at the console 4096 36-bit words rotary drum 
Optical DriveMonitor
6 magnetic tape drives neon lites for every register; oscilloscope for... 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1800X ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO X370 Asus ROG STRIX nVidia GeForce GTX1080Ti-O11G G. Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-32GTZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 256GB Asus UltraDrive 8X Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4  Linux Mint 18.1 MATE 64-bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 4K TV OLED55B6P Logitech MK235 RF Wireless Keyboard & Mouse PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 860i Nanoxia Project S 
Mouse
See Keyboard 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
147,456 cores all registers exposed at the console 4096 36-bit words rotary drum 
Optical DriveMonitor
6 magnetic tape drives neon lites for every register; oscilloscope for... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11636 of 17844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseki View Post

My intended point is that to have a refrigeration based cooler that is practical for a range of circumstances without big flaws like causing physical damage from condensation, some complexity is needed in the refrigeration control system. In an aerospace system of this type, control of refrigerant flow using solenoid valves and of condenser air flow using fan power control would be expected, along with attendant temperature sensors and control processing. Dynamics of CPU heat output changes would have to be accounted for in the control loops to assure that the refrigeration system's reaction time was fast enough.

For a low cost approach, it might be sufficient to maintain a reservoir of liquid that both the CPU coolant loop heat exchanger and the refrigeration heat exchanger (evaporator side) sat in, and a refrigeration loop that attempted to keep this pool at a given temperature using a simple compressor on-off control (like a typical home refrigerator/freezer). The pool volume would have to be large enough (as a thermal mass) that the two loops could operate independently and still achieve reasonable temperature stability.

hmmm, would it also be possible to obtain this result by increasing the rate of coolant flow?

I use to service a piece of equipment that serviced aircraft to keep their systems cool while tests were being performed. It worked on the same concept to cool the propylene glycol going to the aircraft, but I don't quite remember if the coolant lines ever built up condensation. I remember the evaporator froze up quite often...
post #11637 of 17844
Hi huys,

Are ProcODT settings buried somewhere? Can't seem to find them with the DRAM timing controls or anywhere else. I may just be blind...stitchfacesmiley.png
post #11638 of 17844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

If it wasn't happening prior to installation of the creators update, then its another issue with that.
I didn't have the parts until after the creators update was released so I have never installed the previous version of Win 10 on this machine.
It's a pain to have to redo the installation though now that everything is configured properly. This sucks. smile.gif
post #11639 of 17844
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaker253 View Post

Hi huys,

Are ProcODT settings buried somewhere? Can't seem to find them with the DRAM timing controls or anywhere else. I may just be blind...stitchfacesmiley.png

Advanced>AMD CBS>one of those sub menus
post #11640 of 17844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

Advanced>AMD CBS>one of those sub menus

Aawesome. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread