Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 1169

post #11681 of 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clukos View Post

Yes but next time I might not be so eager to buy G.Skill or any Asus Aura branded product thumb.gif

That is the long run.

I think all of ASUS's top line products are ASUS aura branded tho! Don't let that hold ya back. Gskills are fine as long as there aren't any lights on them that you care about too ! biggrin.gif
post #11682 of 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post

@elmor
Inkey and Myself found why voltage regulation does not work.
If we change BCLK to anything else than 100 changing Pstate VID in bios or Zen States does not work AT ALL. Bet You know it but just in case pointing it out smile.gif

@elmor

Just to build on this, I'm running bios 0081 and using ZenStates 0.2.2 for my pstate OC. BCLK is at 100, bios vcore auto, bios pstates all auto (works just the same as with custom). Nothing out of the ordinary: LLC 0-4, Cstates enabled, Ryzen Balanced power plan minimum processor state at 5%, etc. I'm at work, so can't provide any screenshots, but can when I get home if it helps.

My first issue is that any BCLK setting over 100 creates a static vcore and P0 frequency (no idle downclocking), no matter what settings I adjust in ZenStates. I'm fine with BCLK 100 at the moment, but I might want to bump it in the future and maintain my pstates.

I can set my P0 ratio and voltage in ZenStates, which update as soon as I hit apply, so that's great. However, when clocking down to P2 CPU ratio, the voltage just won't drop to the corresponding value. The vcore stays at exactly the value set in P0.

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks for your hard work!
post #11683 of 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

See if you can get 3200 to post at 14-14-14-34 first biggrin.gif

Couldn't get 3200. but I did get 3000 setting bclk @ 125


Edited by alucardis666 - 4/26/17 at 12:27pm
post #11684 of 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkey View Post

@elmor

Just to build on this, I'm running bios 0081 and using ZenStates 0.2.2 for my pstate OC. BCLK is at 100, bios vcore auto, bios pstates all auto (works just the same as with custom). Nothing out of the ordinary: LLC 0-4, Cstates enabled, Ryzen Balanced power plan minimum processor state at 5%, etc. I'm at work, so can't provide any screenshots, but can when I get home if it helps.

My first issue is that any BCLK setting over 100 creates a static vcore and P0 frequency (no idle downclocking), no matter what settings I adjust in ZenStates. I'm fine with BCLK 100 at the moment, but I might want to bump it in the future and maintain my pstates.

I can set my P0 ratio and voltage in ZenStates, which update as soon as I hit apply, so that's great. However, when clocking down to P2 CPU ratio, the voltage just won't drop to the corresponding value. The vcore stays at exactly the value set in P0.

Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks for your hard work!

Which voltage reading are you looking at? VID up in the processor speed section, CPU core voltage (SVI2 TFN) in the processor temp/volts section, or Vcore in the motherboard section?
post #11685 of 17565
When initially bought the 1700X & CH6 last month, the latter burned the 1700X while at stock speeds. Everything refunded via RMA.

Now I am back from holidays, and EKWB has released the monoblock, I would like to buy again a 1700 and CH6. However how's RAM support and the state of the BIOS?
I have Gskill 3600 CL16 @ 1.35v ram. Could I make it work at 3200/3400 with manual overclock?
Or I would be better to wait for the FlareX 3466?

Cheers
post #11686 of 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucardis666 View Post

Couldn't get 3200. but I did get 3000 setting bclk to 125


nice. I think 3000 was also the max I could do to get 14-14-14-34 to post. Any higher and I either got boot loop or training fail. This was with 2933 strap however, as I cant seem to get windows to load when bclk is 110 or higher frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediuld View Post

When initially bought the 1700X & CH6 last month, the latter burned the 1700X while at stock speeds. Everything refunded via RMA.

Now I am back from holidays, and EKWB has released the monoblock, I would like to buy again a 1700 and CH6. However how's RAM support and the state of the BIOS?
I have Gskill 3600 CL16 @ 1.35v ram. Could I make it work at 3200/3400 with manual overclock?
Or I would be better to wait for the FlareX 3466?

Cheers

if you already have it, might as well throw it in. if its a 16gb set then you may be able to easily do 3200 at 14cas timings or 3400 with 16, maybe 14, cas timings. All up to experimenting.

There will be another update in May that MAY help ensure that they run at what they are supposed to without headache.
post #11687 of 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

if you already have it, might as well throw it in. if its a 16gb set then you may be able to easily do 3200 at 14cas timings or 3400 with 16, maybe 14, cas timings. All up to experimenting.

Yeah I have the RAM, and is 2 x 8GB sticks, IC states is Samsung and used it since September with my older i7 build.

Thank you
post #11688 of 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

Which voltage reading are you looking at? VID up in the processor speed section, CPU core voltage (SVI2 TFN) in the processor temp/volts section, or Vcore in the motherboard section?

Primarily the CPU SVI2 TFN voltage. The VID and motherboard Vcore do change, too, but only based on the P0 value, never P2.
post #11689 of 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clukos View Post

It's only available in the full version under EEPROM

I've flashed both sticks using the database version and my SPD's are now good, but I'm still getting CRC error.

Does yours still show that?
post #11690 of 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediuld View Post

Yeah I have the RAM, and is 2 x 8GB sticks, IC states is Samsung and used it since September with my older i7 build.

Thank you

Oh, that ram is tainted then wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkey View Post

Primarily the CPU SVI2 TFN voltage. The VID and motherboard Vcore do change, too, but only based on the P0 value, never P2.

For me at BCLK 101.2, my CPU SVI2 TFN voltage holds a pretty consistant 0.906 when idle, which is what my P2 is set for. Motherboard Vcore normally drops below that but it always reads somewhat different than 'set' voltages.

Did you change any Pstate VID's in bios?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread