Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 1268

post #12671 of 17756
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughjazz44 View Post

Does anyone else have coil whine from your motherboard? Mine does. I disabled C-States and it seems to have gone away. Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same, and what affects will disabling C-States have.

I had this issue with a psu before. Never with a mobo.
post #12672 of 17756
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevester118 View Post

Welp for now I guess I'm sticking with 2666, hopefully a future BIOS will help me kick this up to 3200.
there are alot of things you can do to get ram working at those speeds......procODT for one ...i used to have to run 90ohms now i can run 80....no clue why cuz im still using test bios 0082
i also manually set timings ....18-18-18-18-40 and manually set voltage to 1.37 cuz 1.35 wont boot into windows ....i also set a 1.425 boot voltage on ram.....i also have to set my pll voltage to 1.98 for some strange reason ....maybe cuz i have dual gpu's ....i do not know but i can't boot without it.....i am running 4.062 ghz cpu with 3000 mhz ram ....with teamgroup Dark R.O.G. intel certified ram ...has only one xmp 3000mhz at 16-18-18-18-38.....i can run 16-16-16-16-39 but im more stable running cas18 timings......SoC voltage IF too high can and will act like it is not enough ....most Ryzen cpu should be able to boot 3200mhz ram with 1.100 SoC voltage.....mine will boot 3200 mhz at 0.965...although 3200 is not fully stable no matter the SoC voltage and when i get to high i can't boot at all.....
you have to start with cpu at stock clocks and voltages.....and just play with ram settings till you find that magic mix of SoC,PLL,and ram/ram boot voltages......my ram is set using the dcop #5 then i change timings and up my voltages and blck is only 102.2 for 3000 mhz in windows works awesome ...and my ram is still not on the QVL sheet.....once you find what the ram runs best at then worry about CPU oc
Edited by Demoniacstar - 4/29/17 at 8:23pm
post #12673 of 17756
Spent some time verifying and testing on 1107 today using Zenstates. For my parts, DRAM at 3200 MHz with 14-14-14-14-34 timings does the trick. Just a slight improvement from yesterday.

I can boot and run at anywhere from 3.95 to 4.0 GHz, but I have set myself a self imposed limit of 1.425 volts - not just on settings, but as a maximum observed peak value.

For me that really does translate to 4.95 GHz. I run stable and clean through stress testing and reboots at this level. During stress testing I average 57.7 C Tctl, and drop down to around 28 C in idle/browsing loads.

I did disable Core Performance Boost in both UEFI settings today. So under load: (HWiNFO64 values cleared after 5 minutes, and captured at 14 minutes to better see averages under load.)



After a stress run and settling down:



Did not bother capturing images, but also stress tested the P1 and P2 states, no problems there. I am not sure much more can be gained / tweaked until the May update.

I have not done the registry change to enable changing the NVMe settings in the power plan, any consensus on the merits of doing that?
post #12674 of 17756
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltPC View Post

Spent some time verifying and testing on 1107 today using Zenstates. For my parts, DRAM at 3200 MHz with 14-14-14-14-34 timings does the trick. Just a slight improvement from yesterday.

I can boot and run at anywhere from 3.95 to 4.0 GHz, but I have set myself a self imposed limit of 1.425 volts - not just on settings, but as a maximum observed peak value.

For me that really does translate to 4.95 GHz. I run stable and clean through stress testing and reboots at this level. During stress testing I average 57.7 C Tctl, and drop down to around 28 C in idle/browsing loads.

I did disable Core Performance Boost in both UEFI settings today. So under load: (HWiNFO64 values cleared after 5 minutes, and captured at 14 minutes to better see averages under load.)



After a stress run and settling down:



Did not bother capturing images, but also stress tested the P1 and P2 states, no problems there. I am not sure much more can be gained / tweaked until the May update.

I have not done the registry change to enable changing the NVMe settings in the power plan, any consensus on the merits of doing that?

What LLC are you using? You can probably get that to 4.0GHz if you're willing to increase LLC.
post #12675 of 17756
1107 is good to go. After a day of testing there are no drawbacks or noticeable improvements on my set up. All setting will remain the same as 0082 bios.

Note worthy - I was able to occasionally boot at 29xx and 3200 strap with 64 GB 4x16 RAM, but not sure if related to the bios or additional testing I haven't tried before.
post #12676 of 17756
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3N7D3A7H View Post

What LLC are you using? You can probably get that to 4.0GHz if you're willing to increase LLC.

I am at LLC 2 right now. I did experiment with LLC 3 a bit, but looked like it was exceeding where I liked the volts when going for 4.0 GHz.
Edited by CeltPC - 4/29/17 at 10:06pm
post #12677 of 17756
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltPC View Post

I am at LLC 2 right now.

You can probably go to LLC 3 and drop your voltage by 25 to 50mv for your same clock speed, maybe hit 4.0GHz.

Obviously yours is different, but looking at your load voltages, it looks like your current clocks are good for you if you do not let it go below 1.356v on SVI2.

I cannot let mine go below 1.375v on SVI2 measurement to get 4.0GHz stable. I'm fairly confident yours can hit that easily with a bit more LLC.
post #12678 of 17756
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3N7D3A7H View Post

You can probably go to LLC 3 and drop your voltage by 25 to 50mv for your same clock speed, maybe hit 4.0GHz.

Obviously yours is different, but looking at your load voltages, it looks like your current clocks are good for you if you do not let it go below 1.356v on SVI2.

I cannot let mine go below 1.375v on SVI2 measurement to get 4.0GHz stable. I'm fairly confident yours can hit that easily with a bit more LLC.

HAHA, you are going to get me tinkering again. I can tell you it seems the jumps to get stable at 4 Ghz seem pretty steep - crashed in several attempts before. I should take some screen shots of the point in stress testing to see where the volts were on failure. Oh wait the damn thing is crashed then smile.gif

Seriously though, 1.375 does seem like a threshold.
Edited by CeltPC - 4/29/17 at 10:14pm
post #12679 of 17756
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltPC View Post

HAHA, you are going to get me tinkering again. I can tell you it seems the jumps to get stable at 4 Ghz seem pretty steep - crashed in several attempts before.

Just don't get distracted by the other voltage reading coming from the motherboard sensor. The SVI2 reading is much more accurate, it is about 20mv within my measurement on a DMM. 1.375v SVI2 came out to be about 1.395v on my DMM.

And I haven't personally had any issues with SenseMI on my 1700, so I leave that enabled. If you go beyond LLC3, you may need to set your phase control to extreme and current up to 140%.

You can always have a look at my settings for reference, they're always up to date in my signature.
post #12680 of 17756
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3N7D3A7H View Post

Just don't get distracted by the other voltage reading coming from the motherboard sensor. The SVI2 reading is much more accurate, it is about 20mv within my measurement on a DMM. 1.375v SVI2 came out to be about 1.395v on my DMM.

Hmm that teaches me something, I was under the impression that SVI2 was not accurate with Zenstate overclocking and I should pay more attention to Vcore under the motherboard sensors section. That is very good to know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3N7D3A7H View Post

And I haven't personally had any issues with SenseMI on my 1700, so I leave that enabled. If you go beyond LLC3, you may need to set your phase control to extreme and current up to 140%.

You can always have a look at my settings for reference, they're always up to date in my signature.

Again excellent to know, I had seen so many varying opinions on SenseMI, but had just left mine alone. I will take advantage of your offer and peruse those settings. Very helpful as always, S1L3N7D3A7H.

I'm so glad I don't have to try to verbalize your user name! wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread