Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 2891

post #28901 of 29860
@1usmus About the memory calculator. Where you input the frequency, is that the XMP profile speed or the speed you want to clock it at in the bios? My ram is 3600, but from what I've seen slower MT/s but tighter timings gives greater performance. Thanks.
post #28902 of 29860
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewwy View Post

this has some info

https://github.com/nagisa/msi-rgb

Ooops should have been

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94018-Aura-Lighting-Control-on-Linux

basically Aura is propitiatory, so no on linux

 

Someone was in touch with Elmor about potentially doing some Asus work for Linux, not sure if it's gotten anywhere.

 

To answer the earlier question about RGB when the system's off. Yes, it stays on (and goes rainbow for me) if the power is off, even if I turn that off in the BIOS. The only way to stop that is to kill the PSU or pull the plug, at least for me. Not an issue for me really, but slightly annoying.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornty View Post

@1usmus About the memory calculator. Where you input the frequency, is that the XMP profile speed or the speed you want to clock it at in the bios? My ram is 3600, but from what I've seen slower MT/s but tighter timings gives greater performance. Thanks.

 

I believe he's said it's the speed you want to run at, the timings are adjusted for that. If you put in the rated speed (3600 in my case too) it mostly matches the timings your XMP has, just with greater detail, and all the sub timings, voltages, etc.

post #28903 of 29860



Something seems off with a few of these numbers. 1200 tFAW for one, is WAY off.
Edited by kornty - 10/23/17 at 6:52pm
post #28904 of 29860


Here you go

This is what I got stable so far on my Taichi @1.45V using 3600C16 kit:


Edited by Brightmist - 10/23/17 at 7:04pm
post #28905 of 29860
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornty View Post




Something seems off with a few of these numbers. 1200 tFAW for one, is WAY off.

trrd should be 3.5 and 5 ns respectively, trfc2 and trfc4 are unused for calculations as its always a percentage of trfc

on that note I'm ganna go ahead and try and do percentages of my 267 trfc and see what happens, 0.9.6 to 0.9.7 doesn't do anything other than adding a .5 on to it to require me to repost my results
Edited by LightningManGTS - 10/23/17 at 8:14pm
post #28906 of 29860
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningManGTS View Post

trrd should be 3.5 and 5 ns respectively, trfc2 and trfc4 are unused for calculations as its always a percentage of trfc

on that note I'm ganna go ahead and try and do percentages of my 267 trfc and see what happens, 0.9.6 to 0.9.7 doesn't do anything other than adding a .5 on to it to require me to repost my results
Wow. I can't believe I did that. Thanks for helping me see the obvious mistake I made. I must need some sleep.
post #28907 of 29860

So this is kind of a dumb question. My Taiphoon shows TRCD but not specifically TRCDRD and TRCDRW, I ASSUME they're the same value, but am not sure. Also what does the "additional stability" checkbox do? I've not noticed any change when I've compared it. Here is a screenshot from Taiphoon, followed by my results from 3200 Safe in the program:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything look good there, or did I mess it up?

post #28908 of 29860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1usmus View Post

The difference in the memory of DDR2 from DDR3 in an advanced system of termination. By default, AMD turned it off (RTT NOM and RTT WR). It is because of this rule for a long time that no one could run dual memory rank even at 3200. "procODT" was first for 3200 - 80/96, after turning on the terminators it became 60-68.6. Now I decided to experiment with the first terminator and achieved success. The closest mode is "PTT NOM" to "disable" - "RZQ7". The result impressed me.Very stable state of the system. Previously, the test passed with a memory capacity of not more than 8 gigabytes, now it's 16. I think that the terminators that are off should be turned on for a minimum resistance.



RTT: RZQ7 / RZQ3 / RZQ1

And this applies to the single-track memory. For example, Stilt's recommendation for single rank disable / dynamic odt off / rzq5 (or rzq 6 / 7). I think that it should look a little different rzq7 rzq4 rzq5 or rzq7 rzq4 rzq6 etc...

If the system is very sensitive to noise and signal re-reflections, it is worth checking out my theory. The minimum resistance compensates for some of the noise and overturning without harming the quality of the signal.

Very interesting. I will Turn those on at Minimum and see what happens. Ill try first and Second option You proposed and see what happens biggrin.gif
post #28909 of 29860
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeerlessGirl View Post

So this is kind of a dumb question. My Taiphoon shows TRCD but not specifically TRCDRD and TRCDRW, I ASSUME they're the same value, but am not sure. Also what does the "additional stability" checkbox do? I've not noticed any change when I've compared it. Here is a screenshot from Taiphoon, followed by my results from 3200 Safe in the program:










Everything look good there, or did I mess it up?

TRCDRD = TRCDRW = Taiphoon TRCD smile.gif

"additional stability" - switches the mode 1T to 2T. I do not recommend it for the Samsung memory
Edited by 1usmus - 10/24/17 at 1:28am
post #28910 of 29860
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornty View Post

@1usmus About the memory calculator. Where you input the frequency, is that the XMP profile speed or the speed you want to clock it at in the bios? My ram is 3600, but from what I've seen slower MT/s but tighter timings gives greater performance. Thanks.

the frequency must be set to the one we want to get smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread