Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 349

post #3481 of 17425
@xXx1990
Clear CMOS then try just DOCP standard I have Same memory as you and this boots 3200 for me

Edit Just tryed to F10 and Enter to Save Bios.... I mean post...... Lmao
post #3482 of 17425
Info for people:

I'm using Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 8GB x 2 at rated speed. Has Hynix chips. At stock BIOS settings was getting memory errors. They'd usually pop up within 20 mins during MemTest runs. I manually set SOC voltage to an even 1.0V and haven't had a memory error in over an hour.
post #3483 of 17425
What was SOC at bios defaults? Cheers.

BTW +rep for your experience share smile.gif.
XPS - R7 1700
(14 items)
 
XPS - i5 4690K
(12 items)
 
XPS - Q6600
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 G.Skill Trident Z 2x 8GB 3200MHz C14 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung Evo 840 ThermalRight Archon IB-E X2 + 2x TY143 ThermalRight TY-143 2x front case intake Arctic Cooling F12 + 2x F9 as rear case exhaust 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64 Asus MG279Q Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 
CaseMouse
SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K@4.9GHz 1.255V Asus Maximus VII Ranger Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 HyperX Savage 2x8GB 2400MHz C11 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 TR Archon SB-E X2 Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 x64 Asus MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Sapphire Toxic HD5850 Corsair Dominator 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial MX 100 256GB TR TRUE Rev.A Win 7 Pro x64 Cooler Master V650 
  hide details  
Reply
XPS - R7 1700
(14 items)
 
XPS - i5 4690K
(12 items)
 
XPS - Q6600
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 G.Skill Trident Z 2x 8GB 3200MHz C14 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung Evo 840 ThermalRight Archon IB-E X2 + 2x TY143 ThermalRight TY-143 2x front case intake Arctic Cooling F12 + 2x F9 as rear case exhaust 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64 Asus MG279Q Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 
CaseMouse
SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K@4.9GHz 1.255V Asus Maximus VII Ranger Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 HyperX Savage 2x8GB 2400MHz C11 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 TR Archon SB-E X2 Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 x64 Asus MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Sapphire Toxic HD5850 Corsair Dominator 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial MX 100 256GB TR TRUE Rev.A Win 7 Pro x64 Cooler Master V650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3484 of 17425
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post

What was SOC at bios defaults? Cheers.

BTW +rep for your experience share smile.gif.

I'm not sure. When I started using my DMM I had a + offset of 2 ticks and it was 0.960V. I was running a stability test then and everything seemed ok, but I wanted some insurance, so I upped the voltage some more. I figured 1.0V was a nice number, and it's well below the 1.2V limit that Elmor imposed.

On a side note, when I set 1.0V in the BIOS, the check point on the motherboard shows 1.0V on my DMM, so the setting is accurate, even though the BIOS reports a different number (I can't remember if it was high or low).
Edited by hughjazz44 - 3/20/17 at 6:16pm
post #3485 of 17425
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughjazz44 View Post

Info for people:

I'm using Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 8GB x 2 at rated speed. Has Hynix chips. At stock BIOS settings was getting memory errors. They'd usually pop up within 20 mins during MemTest runs. I manually set SOC voltage to an even 1.0V and haven't had a memory error in over an hour.

Have you changed anything else? Bclk, timings, etc etc? I have the same exact kit, tried 3200mhz with auto soc but got stuck with a code 15. Running it now at 2666 but would love to get 3200.

I think dram voltage and boot voltage should be at 1.35 or so, timings set manually just not sure about the rest.

Getting 3200mhz without touching bclk would be nice, then i can set my multi to 38 and 1.20-1.25v.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3486 of 17425
For all the Overclockers here, I just did some testing and came to the following result:

  • 3.8GHz@1.36V + SMT on -> stable
  • 3.9GHz@1.36V + SMT off -> stable
  • 4.0GHz@1.47V + SMT off -> stable

So with SMT off you win at least 100MHz, but I don't think it's worth it, because more traffic has to go through the CCX (if the application is using all 8 Threads).

I'm using the Wraith Spire of my 1700 and I can see that there is no Problem in cooling it (it stays at max 72°C), but you need a lot more VCore to achieve higher frequencies.

I think the Ryzen is made for 1.3xV and that's why there is 1700X and 1800X, cause they can take a few more MHz at the same voltage.

My specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 1700
  • G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C14D-16GVK @ 2933MHz

All in all, a 1700@3.8GHz with 1.3xV is the sweet spot (performance and consumption wise). smile.gif
post #3487 of 17425
Trying for PState0 overclocking. I entered some combination ending up at 3950MHZ according to the guides here. Believe it was 9C / 8.

RealBench now only loads the cores at 70-75% and the speed only gets to 2950MHZ according to Task Manager and HWInfo64, despite the maximum speed reading correctly.

Anything else I need to tweak?
Edited by dook43 - 3/20/17 at 6:54pm
post #3488 of 17425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBeers View Post

For all the Overclockers here, I just did some testing and came to the following result:

  • 3.8GHz@1.36V + SMT on -> stable
  • 3.9GHz@1.36V + SMT off -> stable
  • 4.0GHz@1.47V + SMT off -> stable

So with SMT off you win at least 100MHz, but I don't think it's worth it, because more traffic has to go through the CCX (if the application is using all 8 Threads).

I'm using the Wraith Spire of my 1700 and I can see that there is no Problem in cooling it (it stays at max 72°C), but you need a lot more VCore to achieve higher frequencies.

I think the Ryzen is made for 1.3xV and that's why there is 1700X and 1800X, cause they can take a few more MHz at the same voltage.

My specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 1700
  • G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C14D-16GVK @ 2933MHz

All in all, a 1700@3.8GHz with 1.3xV is the sweet spot (performance and consumption wise). smile.gif

I love how the 1700x i got can do 3.8 stable at 1.245v if not even lower.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X asus crosshair 6 Sapphire R9 390 Nitro CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K Seagate ST2000DM006 EKWB Supremacy Evo EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool GPX r9 390 m01 alphacool xt45 240 Alphacool xt45 360 Alphacool D5 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 LG 29UM68 Corsair Strafe Corsair RM1000 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Thermaltake X5 Corsair M65 Pro RGB Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3489 of 17425
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

I love how the 1700x i got can do 3.8 stable at 1.245v if not even lower.

But you paid a few more bucks for the CPU + cooler. wink.gif

Anyway, you get what you're paying for. biggrin.gif
post #3490 of 17425
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

Have you changed anything else? Bclk, timings, etc etc? I have the same exact kit, tried 3200mhz with auto soc but got stuck with a code 15. Running it now at 2666 but would love to get 3200.

I think dram voltage and boot voltage should be at 1.35 or so, timings set manually just not sure about the rest.

Getting 3200mhz without touching bclk would be nice, then i can set my multi to 38 and 1.20-1.25v.

I did nothing. BIOS 1001, D.O.C.P. Standard, and away I went. I booted and ran Windows, but memory tests showed errors, so I upped the SOC voltage and I seem to be ok now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread