Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 794

post #7931 of 17819
Does anyone have both the 0702 BIOS and the new Windows Creators update installed? If so, does Win10C work with the 0702?

I have C6H with 0702 BIOS with 1800X at stock and TridentZ F4-3200C16D-16GTZB also at stock (2133), tested to 4100 and 3200 (SOC below 1.2V).
I am keeping 0702 for now because others wrote:
"...on stock bios 0702...at 4.0ghz 1.35 Vcore + 2930 mhz RAM,and with bios 0902 can't pass 3,8 ghz and on memory 2666mhz"
"...black screen issues with BIOS 1002."
"...still running on the 0702 bios after noticing high temps with the 5704"

IMO Win10 is a hodgepodge of WinXP engine and settings, layers of GUI to get to the XP settings, loose User Profile settings, and innovations for dealing with newly released hardware. The hardware part may or more likely may not have been tested with C6H hence my question.
post #7932 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karagra View Post

Is it strange I can game on the 2933 multipler @ 3600mhz but I cant even get my pc to boot @ 3200mhz mulitplier? This is with all new bioses.

Sounds like the "memory hole" that's been described by a few folks in this thread.
Computar Macheine
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4930K @ 4.7GHz ASUS X79-Deluxe EVGA GTX1080Ti FE (w/EK waterblock) G-Skill Ripjaws Z 4 x 4GB 2133MHz 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Custom Water (1 x EK 240mm, 1 x XSPC 140mm) Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Computar Macheine
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4930K @ 4.7GHz ASUS X79-Deluxe EVGA GTX1080Ti FE (w/EK waterblock) G-Skill Ripjaws Z 4 x 4GB 2133MHz 
CoolingKeyboardPowerCase
Custom Water (1 x EK 240mm, 1 x XSPC 140mm) Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W Cooler Master HAF X 
Mouse
G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7933 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TM1 View Post

Does anyone have both the 0702 BIOS and the new Windows Creators update installed? If so, does Win10C work with the 0702?

I have C6H with 0702 BIOS with 1800X at stock and TridentZ F4-3200C16D-16GTZB also at stock (2133), tested to 4100 and 3200 (SOC below 1.2V).
I am keeping 0702 for now because others wrote:
"...on stock bios 0702...at 4.0ghz 1.35 Vcore + 2930 mhz RAM,and with bios 0902 can't pass 3,8 ghz and on memory 2666mhz"
"...black screen issues with BIOS 1002."
"...still running on the 0702 bios after noticing high temps with the 5704"

IMO Win10 is a hodgepodge of WinXP engine and settings, layers of GUI to get to the XP settings, loose User Profile settings, and innovations for dealing with newly released hardware. The hardware part may or more likely may not have been tested with C6H hence my question.

advise against that. I wrote a newegg review and continuously reitterated "Do not be one of those guys that keeps 0702 because someone said this or that".

CMOS reset, set cpu soc to 0.95 volt, flash 0902. Don't be one of those guys with a dead board.

And to answer your question... no, no one here is silly enough to still be on 0702, and admit it.
Edited by Reikoji - 4/8/17 at 7:03pm
post #7934 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebalm View Post

I have cleared CMOS, rebooted, made one change to CSM, rebooted, and verified the Advanced settings get screwed up. I can reproduce it every time.

Rebooted doesnt mean it trained; have you followed the status LEDs during the boot process? I do not have the issue you're having but it seems there are some anomalies.
Inferior FTW!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700@3.9ghz Asus Crosshair VI Hero Founder's GTX 1070 200/800 G.skill TridentZ RGB 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Evo Centon 120gb EK-FB Monoblock XSPC RX360 (White) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX240 (White) EK Vardar F2s (x5) EK-FC1070 GTX1070 (nickel/plexi)  EK GTX1070 FE backplate 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK Double Bay PWM D5 MX Bitspower 250 Z-Multi Res EK HDC fittings (12mm) Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung C32F391 Razer Blackwidow Chroma EVGA Supernova G1 1000w Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Epic Razer Vespula Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
Inferior FTW!
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700@3.9ghz Asus Crosshair VI Hero Founder's GTX 1070 200/800 G.skill TridentZ RGB 3200 C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Evo Centon 120gb EK-FB Monoblock XSPC RX360 (White) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC RX240 (White) EK Vardar F2s (x5) EK-FC1070 GTX1070 (nickel/plexi)  EK GTX1070 FE backplate 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK Double Bay PWM D5 MX Bitspower 250 Z-Multi Res EK HDC fittings (12mm) Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung C32F391 Razer Blackwidow Chroma EVGA Supernova G1 1000w Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Epic Razer Vespula Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7935 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

...flash 0902

Thank you. I keep my SOC voltage low (stock) and am waiting for official BIOS with AGESA microcode update;
Please let me know why 0902 and not 1002?
post #7936 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TM1 View Post

Thank you. I keep my SOC voltage low (stock) and am waiting for official BIOS with AGESA microcode update;
Please let me know why 0902 and not 1002?

Better safe than sorry mainly.0902 is the baseline stabilization bios to prevent your board from exploding when flashing from any other bios without having to manually set soc before doing so. No boards are even being made with 0702 anymore, they ship with 0902 now and pretty soon 0079 (maybe).

After you flash 0902 you can go to whichever bios posted on the front page afterword.
Edited by Reikoji - 4/8/17 at 7:12pm
post #7937 of 17819
So I have noticed in this new 0079 BIOS that some are reporting needing higher core voltage settings than the last release.
i can now confirm this for myself. I had to increase my offset to 0.2v to remain stable.

post #7938 of 17819
As to some needing higher voltages after bios updates or not being able to reach their last good memory clock after bios update..... these are all case-by case basis's. Probably because of operator error and failure to press that CMOS reset button before every bios reflash ! (assumption).

For me.... 0902... 1001... 0038.... 1002.... 0079... 0083.... 0082.... no changes for me. Now on 0082, 4.02ghz on stock voltage, 64gb ram @ 3203mhz 18-16-16-38-1T (actually better timings than when i started). Golden parts, all of it! biggrin.gif
Edited by Reikoji - 4/8/17 at 7:19pm
post #7939 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

For me.... 0902... 1001... 0038.... 1002.... 0079... 0083.... 0082.... no changes for me. Now on 0082, 4.02ghz on stock voltage, 64gb ram @ 3203mhz 18-16-16-38-1T (actually better timings than when i started). Golden parts, all of it! biggrin.gif

Yes, this makse sense; 0902 probably is more stable; the 0902 CAP file was compiled 11:29 AM. However, the 1002 file was compiled at 2:54 AM. What good can come from a work completed at that time...
post #7940 of 17819
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TM1 View Post

Yes, this makse sense; 0902 probably is more stable; the 0902 CAP file was compiled 11:29 AM. However, the 1002 file was compiled at 2:54 AM. What good can come from a work completed at that time...

I meant no negative changes. I dont think the time of day being so early on 1002 has much to do with its stability. All of these bios's have been stable for me. Asus guys like Elmor have been hard at work to deliver us these bios updates!

0079 was pretty early in the wee morning as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread