Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread - Page 919

post #9181 of 16925
Holy crap... it's just one thing after another with this board.

It won't load into BIOS at all now... it'll load into windows just fine but hit DEL/F2 during boot just yields a black screen and a d0 error code.

Tried flashback from 1002 to 0902, no changes.


This board is a ticking time bomb, from the day i got it, it's functionality has slowly been degrading.


Anyone else able to get into their bios after not being able to get into their bios?
post #9182 of 16925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliptrocity View Post

Holy crap... it's just one thing after another with this board.

It won't load into BIOS at all now... it'll load into windows just fine but hit DEL/F2 during boot just yields a black screen and a d0 error code.

Tried flashback from 1002 to 0902, no changes.


This board is a ticking time bomb, from the day i got it, it's functionality has slowly been degrading.


Anyone else able to get into their bios after not being able to get into their bios?

I think some of the CPU configs can still get stuck even with BIOS reflashing. Try the following: unplug the PSU, hold down the BIOS reset button on the back for 15s+ and then power it back again. If that still doesn't work, you can try removing your RAM and CPU from the board, giving it a few minutes and replacing again. if THAT doesn't work, it's time to RMA that board.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair IV Hero NVidia GTX 980 Ti NVidia GTX 660 
RAMCoolingCoolingCooling
G.SKILL 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3... EK-Supremacy MX EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 EK-CoolStream XE 360 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 EVGA Supernova 850 T2 Cooler Master - K280 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair IV Hero NVidia GTX 980 Ti NVidia GTX 660 
RAMCoolingCoolingCooling
G.SKILL 64GB (4 x 16GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3... EK-Supremacy MX EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 EK-CoolStream XE 360 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 EVGA Supernova 850 T2 Cooler Master - K280 Corsair M60 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9183 of 16925
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4m0n View Post

I think some of the CPU configs can still get stuck even with BIOS reflashing. Try the following: unplug the PSU, hold down the BIOS reset button on the back for 15s+ and then power it back again. If that still doesn't work, you can try removing your RAM and CPU from the board, giving it a few minutes and replacing again. if THAT doesn't work, it's time to RMA that board.

I'll give that a go. Thanks!
post #9184 of 16925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

I havent had many spikes with HWinfo running as the only monitor.

Wait CPU (Socket) jumps up like that for you too? Mines is practically stationary in all cases, and never exceeded CPU temp.

Yupp.


and the socket is higher than tctl.
Watching it over a longer period of time, it jumps just the same as the tctl, but it's 5°C higher.
Edited by Merboe - 4/13/17 at 9:11pm
post #9185 of 16925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merboe View Post

Yupp.


and the socket is higher than tctl.

I've never seen that from anyones screenshots. Mine is sitting at 27c with Tctl at 37c right now.

I'm not sure what would be causing that, besides a faulty MB sensor or seating of the processor maybe.
Edited by Reikoji - 4/13/17 at 9:12pm
post #9186 of 16925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

I've never seen that from anyones screenshots. Mine is sitting at 27c with Tctl at 37c right now.

I'm not sure what would be causing that, besides a faulty MB sensor or seating of the processor maybe.

Can you mount the CPU wrong and it's still working?
I always thought there's only one sensor in the bottom of the socket...then this would just be a software glitch (bios?)
post #9187 of 16925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merboe View Post

Can you mount the CPU wrong and it's still working?
I always thought there's only one sensor in the bottom of the socket...then this would just be a software glitch (bios?)

oh you can seat it wrong, but you have to be really skilled in order to do so. Possibly bios glitch, tho first one I've seen with just CPU (Socket) raging hot. What bios are you running?
post #9188 of 16925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

oh you can seat it wrong, but you have to be really skilled in order to do so. Possibly bios glitch, tho first one I've seen with just CPU (Socket) raging hot. What bios are you running?

0083
04/07/2017
post #9189 of 16925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merboe View Post

0083
04/07/2017

I suppose try flashing 0081 or 0082, and if it persists it may be a board issue. probably not a major board issue if you can ignore it, its just unlikely that the socket is actually hotter than the cpu.
post #9190 of 16925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikoji View Post

I suppose try flashing 0081 or 0082, and if it persists it may be a board issue. probably not a major board issue if you can ignore it, its just unlikely that the socket is actually hotter than the cpu.

I'll try that and see what happens.
The values should remain stable in the BIOS itself, right?
Because there is no background stuff running. So it shouldn't move at all, I guess...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread