Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 1N5P1R3 - Project RYZEN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1N5P1R3 - Project RYZEN - Page 6

post #51 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3N7D3A7H View Post

100% Stable.

thumb.gif

applaud.gif

Excellent to hear! Your overclock experience seems to have been quite trouble-free compared to the early days, for which I guess we can thank the frequent BIOS updates coming out over the last month smile.gif
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 70
Thread Starter 
Was doing some encoding testing with Superposition and a quick test on DOOM in Vulkan. I'm quite impressed how much more performance I'm getting over my 4.5GHz 3930k.
post #53 of 70
Hi, thank you for the fantastic threads and the copious amounts of information you have been providing on this thread and the other threads you have commented on with the ASUS CH6.

I'm currently on 1002, and I plan on updating to 0079 bios with the new microcode. I have a question about p-states. I have a manually overclocked 1700x to 3.9 on 1.35v, I noticed that in the OS idle or not its essentially hovering around that voltage constantly. Are p-states just flat out disabled when manual overclocking is done? Also does enabling epu power saving mode on the board adjust the voltages based on usage? Or are we gonna just have to use the zenstates software to do this. I'd like to spare my cpu from being locked in at a set voltage when theres no load on the cpu.

I thank you in advance for your help and information (I would have tried the epu power saving etc, I'm just at work at the moment and my curiosity is killing me as I won't be able to get home and experiment until late tonight).

Also, I'd be willing to tip/donate to you for your time/information if you have a BTC or PP address thumb.gif Your work and commentary is excellent.
Edited by laterbreh - 4/24/17 at 12:25pm
post #54 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterbreh View Post

Hi, thank you for the fantastic threads and the copious amounts of information you have been providing on this thread and the other threads you have commented on with the ASUS CH6.

I'm currently on 1002, and I plan on updating to 0079 bios with the new microcode. I have a question about p-states. I have a manually overclocked 1700x to 3.9 on 1.35v, I noticed that in the OS idle or not its essentially hovering around that voltage constantly. Are p-states just flat out disabled when manual overclocking is done? Also does enabling epu power saving mode on the board adjust the voltages based on usage? Or are we gonna just have to use the zenstates software to do this. I'd like to spare my cpu from being locked in at a set voltage when theres no load on the cpu.

I thank you in advance for your help and information (I would have tried the epu power saving etc, I'm just at work at the moment and my curiosity is killing me as I won't be able to get home and experiment until late tonight).

Whenever you manually overclock, and go above the factory set levels, the CPU enters OC mode. In OC mode, all power saving options are disabled.

I wouldn't mess with the EPU at all if you're overclocking. That would only be useful in a handful of ultra low power use cases.

Right now, I would recommend using one of the AGESA code BIOS' (0079 or later) and the new ZenStates 0.2.2 program elmor put out.

Just set your CPU voltage to auto, manually set your other voltages, and set global c states to enabled. Disable bank group swap, if you are using single RANK DIMMs.

If you're using the default Ryzen power profile that came in the latest chipset driver, you will need to change the minimum processor state down to 0% to get proper down clocking for the P1 and P2 states.
post #55 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3N7D3A7H View Post

Whenever you manually overclock, and go above the factory set levels, the CPU enters OC mode. In OC mode, all power saving options are disabled.

I wouldn't mess with the EPU at all if you're overclocking. That would only be useful in a handful of ultra low power use cases.

Right now, I would recommend using one of the AGESA code BIOS' (0079 or later) and the new ZenStates 0.2.2 program elmor put out.

Just set your CPU voltage to auto, manually set your other voltages, and set global c states to enabled. Disable bank group swap, if you are using single RANK DIMMs.

If you're using the default Ryzen power profile that came in the latest chipset driver, you will need to change the minimum processor state down to 0% to get proper down clocking for the P1 and P2 states.

Excellent, thank you for your response. I will make all the necessary changes and post the results to this thread. I'm sure others will want to know how well your settings play on the bigger brother chips.

Question about the single/dual rank dimms: I'm running 2x8gb Vengeance LPX ram, I have no problem using the built in profiles getting them to 3200 without issue. Are those single or dual rank (Excuse my ignorance), but I think my ram would be dual rank if I'm not mistaken.
post #56 of 70
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterbreh View Post

Excellent, thank you for your response. I will make all the necessary changes and post the results to this thread. I'm sure others will want to know how well your settings play on the bigger brother chips.

Question about the single/dual rank dimms: I'm running 2x8gb Vengeance LPX ram, I have no problem using the built in profiles getting them to 3200 without issue. Are those single or dual rank (Excuse my ignorance), but I think my ram would be dual rank if I'm not mistaken.

Don't know, you would have to find a spec sheet from the manufacturer. For the most part, 8GB DIMMs are single rank.
post #57 of 70
Okay. Thank you for the info. Will report back with results!
post #58 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterbreh View Post

Question about the single/dual rank dimms: I'm running 2x8gb Vengeance LPX ram, I have no problem using the built in profiles getting them to 3200 without issue. Are those single or dual rank (Excuse my ignorance), but I think my ram would be dual rank if I'm not mistaken.
Easiest way to tell is to look at the RAM sticks. You should be able to see beneath the heat spreaders. Chips on one side only equals single rank. Chips on both sides equals dual rank.
TT Green
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600K LGA 1151 ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene mATX EVGA GTX1080 FTW Hydro Copper 8GB PCIe G.Skill F4-3600C16-16GTZR 2x8GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 2TB NVMe SSD Toshiba X300 4TB 7,200RPM SATA HDD EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Reservoir/Pump Combo EKWB EK-Coolstream PE 240 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB EK-Coolstream PE 360 Radiator EKWB EK-UNI Pump Bracket (120mm Fan) Vertical EKWB EK-ACF 10/16mm Black Fittings (10) Thermaltake Riing 120 RGB LED Fans (6) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Adv. LRT Crystal Clear Tubing Thermaltake Coolant UV Green Windows 10 Pro x64 Creator Edition Acer XB270HU bprz 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsiar Gaming STRAFE RGB USB SeaSonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660W ATX Thermaltake Core P5 Green Edition ATX Corsair Gaming SABRE RGB Optical USB 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair Gaming MM400 High Speed Compact Edition Corsair Gaming VOID RGB 7.1HD USB 
  hide details  
Reply
TT Green
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600K LGA 1151 ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene mATX EVGA GTX1080 FTW Hydro Copper 8GB PCIe G.Skill F4-3600C16-16GTZR 2x8GB DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 2TB NVMe SSD Toshiba X300 4TB 7,200RPM SATA HDD EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Reservoir/Pump Combo EKWB EK-Coolstream PE 240 Radiator 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB EK-Coolstream PE 360 Radiator EKWB EK-UNI Pump Bracket (120mm Fan) Vertical EKWB EK-ACF 10/16mm Black Fittings (10) Thermaltake Riing 120 RGB LED Fans (6) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Adv. LRT Crystal Clear Tubing Thermaltake Coolant UV Green Windows 10 Pro x64 Creator Edition Acer XB270HU bprz 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsiar Gaming STRAFE RGB USB SeaSonic Platinum SS-660XP2 660W ATX Thermaltake Core P5 Green Edition ATX Corsair Gaming SABRE RGB Optical USB 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair Gaming MM400 High Speed Compact Edition Corsair Gaming VOID RGB 7.1HD USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 70
Thread Starter 
My baseline for BIOS 0079 before any May updates. Cinebench ran in realtime priority, no performance BIAS.

post #60 of 70
Hi,

I have not gotten around to playing with my bios as per your suggestions, so that is currently in process.

I was going to ask, do you plan to update your bios passed 0079? I heard there was a new bios that was released and then pulled on the asus thread by Elmor. Do you plan on upgrading to the next stable release?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 1N5P1R3 - Project RYZEN