Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Roccat Kone EMP text review [ncck]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roccat Kone EMP text review [ncck] - Page 5

post #41 of 49
How stiff are M1/M2? Anywhere near the stiffness of zowie?
post #42 of 49
Thread Starter 
There's minor variance from mouse to mouse - but no it's not as stiff as the zowie EC or FK. I've found the ZA to be less stiff than both the FK/EC

It's a pretty light and tactile click - it's not 'trigger click' or rest-sensitive (meaning if you rest your finger on it will it accidentally actuate or rather easily - which is a no)

It's fairly easy to spam - but I find spamming the ZA to be easier - however the zowie mice don't actually register clicks that are too fast due to some type of debounce (I don't really know the tech on that) - these do but there more difficult to click super fast due to the angle - shouldn't be a problem in any click intense game (starcraft/dota etc)

Edit: be aware that the smaller, lighter version of this mouse is coming out soon as well
Edited by ncck - 4/11/17 at 5:14am
post #43 of 49
Do you know if M1/M2 will be the same between the Pure 2017 and the EMP?
post #44 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldrk View Post

Do you know if M1/M2 will be the same between the Pure 2017 and the EMP?

No I have no idea - haven't gotten to use the pure. Anything I say would only be a guess. I just know they will use the same coating
post #45 of 49
a roccat rep basically confirmed that the coating is the same: http://www.overclock.net/t/1619949/roccat-kone-pure-2017-3361-sensor-88g/530#post_26007131

edit: whoops, didn't read your post correctly.
post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldrk View Post

Do you know if M1/M2 will be the same between the Pure 2017 and the EMP?

The new Kone Pure will have 50m Omron's. The Kone EMP has 5m Omron's. That was a last minute change we were able to do because of the delay on the new Kone Pure.
Edited by ROCCATstudios - 4/12/17 at 11:08pm
post #47 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCCATstudios View Post

The new Kone Pure will have 50m Omron's. The Kone EMP has 20m Omron's. That was a last minute change we were able to do because of the delay on the new Kone Pure.


Is there a different in the feel of that switch or just the estimated lifespan? Regardless 50M even if it doesn't reach 50M is still better than 20M. If the mouse main switches can last 2~+ years without fault then that's a solid
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

Is there a different in the feel of that switch or just the estimated lifespan? Regardless 50M even if it doesn't reach 50M is still better than 20M. If the mouse main switches can last 2~+ years without fault then that's a solid

Actually we went up from 5m to 50m. Based on the specs of the switch, they should feel the same. But due to other factors (e.g. design and size of the mouse) it should feel different in general between a Kone Pure and a Kone EMP.
post #49 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCCATstudios View Post

Actually we went up from 5m to 50m. Based on the specs of the switch, they should feel the same. But due to other factors (e.g. design and size of the mouse) it should feel different in general between a Kone Pure and a Kone EMP.

Well no big deal as long as its similar in terms of stiffness/latency then it's fine


Now back to my post from before I've been scrolling pretty crazily and my 2nd EMP hasn't run into an issue yet - so I'm going to keep at it but if it remains how it is for 1-2 months then I'm just going to conclude my first ones scroll wheel got damaged one way or another. Hopefully stays the same cause it's a great wheel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Roccat Kone EMP text review [ncck]