Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › ddr4 for ryzen?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ddr4 for ryzen? - Page 11

post #101 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by yendor View Post

The 4266 gskill should post at base speed. If it is not posting at all there may be a problem with the kit itself.
You might try
1) Testing the kit in the computer the 2600 mhz ballistix lived in
2) Insert 1 stick. Start your pc and go do something while it tries to train. don't interrupt. If posts then try second. same thing while it trains. If it posts with one and not the otehr, refund time.
If it posts with both separately but doesn't want to post with both
3) With one stick installed. Manually setting ram voltage, vtt. save and restart.. manually set timings, save and restart.. manually set lower speed, I'd suggest one of the lower ones. 2933, 26.. 24.. save and restart, shut down.

Then, last big jump. both sticks at once watch the ryzen post dance and goodl uck.

I inserted 1 kit in my pc let it post , but it wouldnt post even after 10+ restarts.

Put one kit in my friends Pc aswell. No luck either.

Should i try to post the Pc with one kit but wait even longer ?
post #102 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca130 View Post

I inserted 1 kit in my pc let it post , but it wouldnt post even after 10+ restarts.

Put one kit in my friends Pc aswell. No luck either.

Should i try to post the Pc with one kit but wait even longer ?

It should post at default speed if it's good.
It should fail to overclock and then post at default speed on ryzen and still be good.
If it hasn't posted at all on either machine send it back.
post #103 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by yendor View Post

It should post at default speed if it's good.
It should fail to overclock and then post at default speed on ryzen and still be good.
If it hasn't posted at all on either machine send it back.
Thats the thing it hasn't posted at all. I wouldn't mind running these kits at 3200/3600 until the AGESA updates. Think I will just refund them. Thanks for the help.
Edited by Barca130 - 5/5/17 at 5:02am
post #104 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca130 View Post

So I decided to get this kit :G.Skill Trident Z DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-4266, CL19 (F4-4266C19D-16GTZKW).

But when I placed them in my Taichi motherboard the PC wouldn't post and I would get a 0d error ( which means failed DRAM training ). At first I thought my Taichi was DOA , but when I replaced the kit with some 2600MHz ballistix ram from my friend the PC posted. Is there a way to make them work or should I just return them and get a refund ?

Same exact issue with one of my g.skill modules.

Code 15 -> code 0d

Kept messing with it over several hours, eventually worked.

Literally got mad at it, slaped it against palm a couple times then gently squeezed along the middle of the heat sink.

Put it back in the board and it booted.

I have no explanation.


Edited by TopFox - 5/5/17 at 5:21am
post #105 of 143
Bent RAM due to heatsink? Poor pin contact?
post #106 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Bent RAM due to heatsink? Poor pin contact?

Slight tactile click when I squeezed the heatsink at one point.
Edited by TopFox - 5/5/17 at 5:25am
post #107 of 143
GSKILL F4-3200C14-8GTZSW
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by hsn - 5/6/17 at 8:17am
post #108 of 143
Been following this post for some time now, and have been waiting for the AGESA bios to see if my ram performance would get any better, I've asked this question on Corsairs website with no answer so I figured I'd post it here.

Firstly I have a set of Corsair Dominator cmd16gx4m2b3000c15 ver3.21 which is DS ram.
I have never been able to get the PC to boot with anything over 2666. I became content with it while waiting for BIOS updates.

Recently I noticed Asus now supports cmd16gx4m2b3000c15 ver4.31 on the C6H which is SS samsung b-die. And have seen posts of people hitting 3200+ with it.

Corsair rep told me they produce multiple versions at any time, and told me Ryzen supports ALL Dominator kits, and to contact technical support if my kit wasn't hitting rated speeds. Smh.
So my question to that would be how do I know, or how could I specifically buy a version 4.31 dominator kit?

Secondly the AGESA update finally rolled out a couple days back and I just got around to updating it and playing with ram hoping to hit rated speeds only to find I cannot get the system to post with anything higher than 2133 now. My 2666 settings no longer work that I used on .902. I've tried basically every Timing setup and little tweak I could from 2133+ to 3200 with absolutely non luck

So if I cannot specifically find a Version 4.31 Dom kit what is the absolute best b die kit on the market for ram with the highest constant speeds achieved?
I've read good results with gskill F4-3200C14D-16GTZR

I purely want Dom kit for aesthetics however if I cannot find that specifically kit and I have to spend money on this build again I might as well get the best I can get. Price is not an issue. Thaks
post #109 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsaRubber View Post

Been following this post for some time now, and have been waiting for the AGESA bios to see if my ram performance would get any better, I've asked this question on Corsairs website with no answer so I figured I'd post it here.

Firstly I have a set of Corsair Dominator cmd16gx4m2b3000c15 ver3.21 which is DS ram.
I have never been able to get the PC to boot with anything over 2666. I became content with it while waiting for BIOS updates.

Recently I noticed Asus now supports cmd16gx4m2b3000c15 ver4.31 on the C6H which is SS samsung b-die. And have seen posts of people hitting 3200+ with it.

Corsair rep told me they produce multiple versions at any time, and told me Ryzen supports ALL Dominator kits, and to contact technical support if my kit wasn't hitting rated speeds. Smh.
So my question to that would be how do I know, or how could I specifically buy a version 4.31 dominator kit?

Secondly the AGESA update finally rolled out a couple days back and I just got around to updating it and playing with ram hoping to hit rated speeds only to find I cannot get the system to post with anything higher than 2133 now. My 2666 settings no longer work that I used on .902. I've tried basically every Timing setup and little tweak I could from 2133+ to 3200 with absolutely non luck

So if I cannot specifically find a Version 4.31 Dom kit what is the absolute best b die kit on the market for ram with the highest constant speeds achieved?
I've read good results with gskill F4-3200C14D-16GTZR

I purely want Dom kit for aesthetics however if I cannot find that specifically kit and I have to spend money on this build again I might as well get the best I can get. Price is not an issue. Thaks

A) Using a c6h? B) Silver dominator?

TridentZ has some silver kits, also red. almost all of the c14 3200. has been bdie all the 3600. and up at any cas has been. .

Galaxy Hall of Fame ram kits at cas17 3600 occasionally on sale are all white, were always bdie but until recently I hadn't seen anyone drop any into a ryzen system and not hit 3200 with xmp alone. Will have to see if that is still bdie. Unfortunately not every cpu has good memory controllers and despite being matched as a kit not every stick of ram is equal. Could be bad memory controller on that cpu.
Edited by yendor - 5/10/17 at 7:01pm
post #110 of 143
I hear the engineers at AMD didn't realize DDR4 came out and didn't program it into the processors.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › ddr4 for ryzen?