Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › ddr4 for ryzen?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ddr4 for ryzen? - Page 10

post #91 of 143
That's definitely B-die. Nothing else gets binned like that. I can't confirm single or dual rank though.
post #92 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

Taichi DUAL rank analysis


That's awesome, shouldn't that be equal to 3600MHz Single Rank? I mean, so the most optimal RAM would be 3400MHz Dual Rank right? Besides that, there's not really another option if you want 32GB RAM.

I could get the same RAM as you have (F4-3400C16-32GTZ), is it really lucky to get it running at 3200MHz with a Taichi or Fatality Professional? I do have a Fatality Professional on my way home, but I need to know if I should buy that RAM for 270 Euro. I could also get some F4-3200C15-32GTZ for 250 Euro, any idea for which set I should went? Thanks buddy! thumb.gif
post #93 of 143
According to 32m pi its preety much equal to 3200 sr...
post #94 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew* View Post

According to 32m pi its preety much equal to 3200 sr...

Do you know if F4-3400C16-32GTZ always have B-Dies? redface.gif
post #95 of 143
If they are 16-16-16.....can be nothing but b die...
post #96 of 143
Ryzen definitely made a bad move not supporting DDR4....
Shame on AMD
post #97 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0oMeR View Post

Ryzen definitely made a bad move not supporting DDR4....
Shame on AMD


As with your socket problem, again. You have 3 choices now.

Solder,
Bake..

Or, faster. and still number one..

HAMMER!

ddr4 fit fine now.
post #98 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by yendor View Post

As with your socket problem, again. You have 3 choices now.

Solder,
Bake..

Or, faster. and still number one..

HAMMER!

ddr4 fit fine now.

I know, we shouldn't need a hammer or to break off one side of our RAM sticks to fit it in the slot!
AMD what are you thinking?!
post #99 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca130 View Post

The prices of ram are ridiculous here anyway. The 3200 cl14 kit costs 200€ , while the kit I mentioned above costs 40€ more

So I decided to get this kit :G.Skill Trident Z DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-4266, CL19 (F4-4266C19D-16GTZKW).

But when I placed them in my Taichi motherboard the PC wouldn't post and I would get a 0d error ( which means failed DRAM training ). At first I thought my Taichi was DOA , but when I replaced the kit with some 2600MHz ballistix ram from my friend the PC posted. Is there a way to make them work or should I just return them and get a refund ?
post #100 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca130 View Post

So I decided to get this kit :G.Skill Trident Z DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-4266, CL19 (F4-4266C19D-16GTZKW).

But when I placed them in my Taichi motherboard the PC wouldn't post and I would get a 0d error ( which means failed DRAM training ). At first I thought my Taichi was DOA , but when I replaced the kit with some 2600MHz ballistix ram from my friend the PC posted. Is there a way to make them work or should I just return them and get a refund ?

The 4266 gskill should post at base speed. If it is not posting at all there may be a problem with the kit itself.
You might try
1) Testing the kit in the computer the 2600 mhz ballistix lived in
2) Insert 1 stick. Start your pc and go do something while it tries to train. don't interrupt. If posts then try second. same thing while it trains. If it posts with one and not the otehr, refund time.
If it posts with both separately but doesn't want to post with both
3) With one stick installed. Manually setting ram voltage, vtt. save and restart.. manually set timings, save and restart.. manually set lower speed, I'd suggest one of the lower ones. 2933, 26.. 24.. save and restart, shut down.

Then, last big jump. both sticks at once watch the ryzen post dance and goodl uck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › ddr4 for ryzen?