Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion - Page 41

post #401 of 1588
One of the Polish stores has a stock of 20 K5's for 195$~, i think i'll grab one, still a good deal, EU prices are trash,Gaming 5 is 230$ minimum lol, i have pre-ordered the K5 at amazon.co.uk for 150 quid but god knows when they'll actually get a hold of them.
post #402 of 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by helioNz4R View Post

One of the Polish stores has a stock of 20 K5's for 195$~, i think i'll grab one, still a good deal, EU prices are trash,Gaming 5 is 230$ minimum lol, i have pre-ordered the K5 at amazon.co.uk for 150 quid but god knows when they'll actually get a hold of them.
Awesome. I'm interested in the K5. Curious of features, mainly VRM
My System
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #403 of 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPer1 View Post

Awesome. I'm interested in the K5. Curious of features, mainly VRM

I ordered it, should be here in 2 days. I'll get back with more info when i hook it up.
post #404 of 1588

Arrived just in time for me to not be able to build it because I'm going away (and I don't even have the CPU or back plate yet!). whistle.gif


NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
Lanbox Lite
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Asrock G31M-VS EVGA 8800GTS 2GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 250GB  Samsung DVD-R/RW Stock Intel Windows XP Professional 32bit 
Case
Thermaltake Lanbox Lite 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
NZXT Source 210
(14 items)
 
Lanbox Lite
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX6300 ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 XFX Radeon RX 480 Corsair Vengence LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital WD5003AZEX Samsung 840 Evo Samsung 850 Pro LG GH24NS95 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Windows 10 40" 1080p Vizio LED LCD HDTV Corsair CX600M 
Case
NZXT Source 210 Elite - Black 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Asrock G31M-VS EVGA 8800GTS 2GB Crucial DDR2 PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 250GB  Samsung DVD-R/RW Stock Intel Windows XP Professional 32bit 
Case
Thermaltake Lanbox Lite 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT 3.2GHz Dell N6381 Intel Extreme Graphics 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 512MB DDR 400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Western Digital 160GB IDE Covered in a thick layer of dust Windows XP Home Edition 32bit Dell M0148 250w 
Case
Dell Dimension 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #405 of 1588
I was able to get F3 BIOS. I have F3e now.

I compared them and it looks like there are some changes. Will load up F3 and see where I am

EDIT: Looks like I'm good. No crazy issues. Looks like they removed "Memory Compatibility" option though.
Edited by THUMPer1 - 4/10/17 at 12:44pm
My System
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #406 of 1588
I PMed @mus1mus as I took his guide and eliminated all the hyperlinks and put it in a document, which I have just exported as a PDF. He has given permission to upload it here. Please note that I am not the author just the reformatter of the doc. This will make it easy to just print it out and then have it by your side while you work on trying to get the maximum overclock from your K7. All thanks go to @mus1mus for all the heavy lifting.

mus1musOCGuide.pdf 2410k .pdf file
Indurain
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-6700K Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 Double Dissipation G.Skill Ripjaws 5 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 850 EVO LG WH16NS40 Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Wasabi Mango UHD430 Unicomp 103 Thermaltake Toughpower GOLD 750W Cooler Master Mastercase 5 Maker 
MouseOtherOtherOther
Corsair Gaming M65 RGB NZXT Hue+ NZXT Aperture Card Reader Corsair ML Pro Case Fans (120 mm and 140 mm) 
  hide details  
Reply
Indurain
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-6700K Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 XFX AMD Radeon R9 390 Double Dissipation G.Skill Ripjaws 5 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 850 EVO LG WH16NS40 Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Wasabi Mango UHD430 Unicomp 103 Thermaltake Toughpower GOLD 750W Cooler Master Mastercase 5 Maker 
MouseOtherOtherOther
Corsair Gaming M65 RGB NZXT Hue+ NZXT Aperture Card Reader Corsair ML Pro Case Fans (120 mm and 140 mm) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #407 of 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottland View Post

No, I can't fathom what's going on with those USB ports. If I plug any type of keyboard/mouse device into them they don't work, otherwise they work fine for usb sticks etc. I'm not suggesting the ports have fried or anything like that, it seems like some really odd bug confusedsmiley.png
I had that problem once before and it was a bad USB ports.mad.gif
post #408 of 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman99 View Post

I had that problem once before and it was a bad USB ports.mad.gif

frown.gif

Can't see why it's only not working for a KB/mouse though?
post #409 of 1588
Awesome, more problems. Flashed to F3, posted fine - changed fan curve to manual and rebooted. Now it doesnt post and halts on 02. Tried CMOS reset but still the same on either bios.


Edit: It wouldn't boot because the kb/mouse was plugged in. Unplugged, allowed to boot, re-plugged in kb/mouse and all working again including the previously not working USB ports.... headscratch.gif
Edited by Scottland - 4/10/17 at 2:47pm
post #410 of 1588
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPer1 View Post

I was able to get F3 BIOS. I have F3e now.

I compared them and it looks like there are some changes. Will load up F3 and see where I am

EDIT: Looks like I'm good. No crazy issues. Looks like they removed "Memory Compatibility" option though.

That means it's now on Full Agesa 1.0.0.4.
On the Beta BIOSes, DDR Compatibility Mode enables and older AGESA memory code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresWally View Post

I PMed @mus1mus as I took his guide and eliminated all the hyperlinks and put it in a document, which I have just exported as a PDF. He has given permission to upload it here. Please note that I am not the author just the reformatter of the doc. This will make it easy to just print it out and then have it by your side while you work on trying to get the maximum overclock from your K7. All thanks go to @mus1mus for all the heavy lifting.

mus1musOCGuide.pdf 2410k .pdf file

thumb.gif

I will be testing the new BIOS in a while and will let you guys know if that accepts 4-dimms.
Edited by mus1mus - 4/10/17 at 3:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion