Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion - Page 43

post #421 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

I know that. Smart Fan.

Do you mean the BIOS fan control?

Let me check if I can make sense out of it. I can set my rad fans to ramp at a certain temp pointing to the CPU. thumb.gif

Ahhh, sorry for the confusion!

Yes, I do mean the BIOS fan control. I thought it was called Smartfan, but I might be incorrect.

EDIT:

Thank you, by the way! biggrin.gif
Edited by Praetorr - 4/10/17 at 6:28pm
post #422 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

I know that. Smart Fan.

Do you mean the BIOS fan control?

Let me check if I can make sense out of it. I can set my rad fans to ramp at a certain temp pointing to the CPU. thumb.gif
Ahhh, sorry for the confusion!

Yes, I do mean the BIOS fan control. I thought it was called Smartfan, but I might be incorrect.

Yep. My bad. tongue.gif

Testing it now. But my TDie is just at 40ish under load. tongue.gif
post #423 of 1634
F3 seems like a dud for me. After multiple reflashes the rom issue remains if i enable any voltage/frequency changes and xmp.

Going back to beta bios fixes all the issues for me.
Edited by Worldwin - 4/10/17 at 6:59pm
post #424 of 1634
So I have set my Rad Fans to go 40% (4K RPM fans) if CPU Temp reaches 40C.

CPU Temp = Tdie - 15C. That's where it draws fan control for the CPU.

I'll follow up with pics.
post #425 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

So I have set my Rad Fans to go 40% (4K RPM fans) if CPU Temp reaches 40C.

CPU Temp = Tdie - 15C. That's where it draws fan control for the CPU.

I'll follow up with pics.

Sounds like I was right then.

How bizarre. Either Gigabyte engineers are doing some weird stuff or AMD's temperature sensors are even more confusing than we already thought!

Thanks for investigating. Nice to know I'm not alone. biggrin.gifthumb.gif
post #426 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwin View Post

F3 seems like a dud for me. After multiple reflashes the rom issue remains if i enable any voltage/frequency changes and xmp.

Going back to beta bios fixes all the issues for me.

hmm. Not a single hiccup here. Just me needing to loosen up my timings on all fours.


Try to clean up the CMOS and Flash again. Or simply CMOS clear by removing the Battery for 5 minutes.
post #427 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorr View Post

Sounds like I was right then.

How bizarre. Either Gigabyte engineers are doing some weird stuff or AMD's temperature sensors are even more confusing than we already thought!

Thanks for investigating. Nice to know I'm not alone. biggrin.gifthumb.gif




What's weird is that CPU Temp used to be just 5C under Tdie. Now, it's 15C! redface.gif
post #428 of 1634
Thanks for the pic! thumb.gif

That matches what I'm seeing on my end too, so I guess we just have to do our fan curves @ -15c what they used to be. tongue.gif
post #429 of 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

hmm. Not a single hiccup here. Just me needing to loosen up my timings on all fours.


Try to clean up the CMOS and Flash again. Or simply CMOS clear by removing the Battery for 5 minutes.

Already tried cmos clear. All this bios flashing is really pissing me off as it breaks one thing after another. RIght now my computer refuses to downclock increasing power usage from 80w to 150w. This is with both the cpu freq and voltage set to auto on F3 bios.

Never going early adopter for a platform ever again. Too many problems making this 100% not worth it.

Update: I now know why its consuming so much power. According to MASTER the cpu is set to 3.8@1.35 even though in bios it is set to auto on both.
I HAVE no idea what is going on.
Edited by Worldwin - 4/10/17 at 7:33pm
post #430 of 1634
Looks like F3 requires me to raise the Vcore at least another couple of notches from my F3D settings to maintain stability. rolleyes.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion