Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion - Page 75

post #741 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post

Can't lose with the K7. Only winning! thumb.gif

Thanks, I hope so! How about VRM temps? I've seen some screens here and seem fine under load with pretty high voltage.
PURPLEHAZE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1700 Asrock X370 Taichi Palit GTX 1080 Super JetStream 16GB KFA2 HOF 3600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Crucial MX300 750GB Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Iiyama G-Master Red Eagle GB2488HSU-B2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Lux MX Red RGB Corsair RM750x Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Logitech MX-Master 
  hide details  
Reply
PURPLEHAZE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1700 Asrock X370 Taichi Palit GTX 1080 Super JetStream 16GB KFA2 HOF 3600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Crucial MX300 750GB Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Iiyama G-Master Red Eagle GB2488HSU-B2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Lux MX Red RGB Corsair RM750x Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Logitech MX-Master 
  hide details  
Reply
post #742 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbroach23 View Post

Did you have to mod the case any I didn't think to look for a spot for that lol oh and here is my build as it sits now.

I just took out the thin pieces of aluminum between the holes. I just used pliers. It was quick.
post #743 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloot View Post

Thanks, I hope so! How about VRM temps? I've seen some screens here and seem fine under load with pretty high voltage.

I can't speak for others' but without a small amount of active cooling over the VRM's they get pretty toasty. While aiming for 4Ghz with 1.4+ volts during Prime testing on an open bench, they hit around 100C until I added a 90mm fan running at a whisper quiet 7v. With the fan in place running at low RPM's, the VRM cooled down to around 75 - 80C. I'm sure with the board properly mounted in a case and with proper airflow, there should be no issues with VRM's. I think they're rated up to 120 or 130C but I don't like going over 90C.

At my current settings (3.825Ghz, 1.31V, 32GB - 3200Mhz at 1.35V) the VRM's only hit the 60's under Prime.

Compared to the MSI Carbon I tested, the K7 appears to be of higher quality. Not sure how it would compare to the more expensive boards but I think the K7 strikes the right balances between price/performance.
post #744 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpacket View Post

I can't speak for others' but without a small amount of active cooling over the VRM's they get pretty toasty. While aiming for 4Ghz with 1.4+ volts during Prime testing on an open bench, they hit around 100C until I added a 90mm fan running at a whisper quiet 7v. With the fan in place running at low RPM's, the VRM cooled down to around 75 - 80C. I'm sure with the board properly mounted in a case and with proper airflow, there should be no issues with VRM's. I think they're rated up to 120 or 130C but I don't like going over 90C.

At my current settings (3.825Ghz, 1.31V, 32GB - 3200Mhz at 1.35V) the VRM's only hit the 60's under Prime.

Compared to the MSI Carbon I tested, the K7 appears to be of higher quality. Not sure how it would compare to the more expensive boards but I think the K7 strikes the right balances between price/performance.
100c? Aida64 was reading around 60-70c while running IBT. 1800x was at 4Ghz using 1.4v. I ordered an IR thermometer and it should be arriving today. Want to make sure I'm getting accurate reads.
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
post #745 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpacket View Post

I can't speak for others' but without a small amount of active cooling over the VRM's they get pretty toasty. While aiming for 4Ghz with 1.4+ volts during Prime testing on an open bench, they hit around 100C until I added a 90mm fan running at a whisper quiet 7v. With the fan in place running at low RPM's, the VRM cooled down to around 75 - 80C. I'm sure with the board properly mounted in a case and with proper airflow, there should be no issues with VRM's. I think they're rated up to 120 or 130C but I don't like going over 90C.

At my current settings (3.825Ghz, 1.31V, 32GB - 3200Mhz at 1.35V) the VRM's only hit the 60's under Prime.

Compared to the MSI Carbon I tested, the K7 appears to be of higher quality. Not sure how it would compare to the more expensive boards but I think the K7 strikes the right balances between price/performance.

Ouch that's a bit scary to be honest :S
PURPLEHAZE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1700 Asrock X370 Taichi Palit GTX 1080 Super JetStream 16GB KFA2 HOF 3600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Crucial MX300 750GB Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Iiyama G-Master Red Eagle GB2488HSU-B2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Lux MX Red RGB Corsair RM750x Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Logitech MX-Master 
  hide details  
Reply
PURPLEHAZE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R7 1700 Asrock X370 Taichi Palit GTX 1080 Super JetStream 16GB KFA2 HOF 3600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Crucial MX300 750GB Corsair H110i GT Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Iiyama G-Master Red Eagle GB2488HSU-B2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Lux MX Red RGB Corsair RM750x Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Logitech MX-Master 
  hide details  
Reply
post #746 of 1615
Anything without active cooling is scary. wink.gif
post #747 of 1615
Hello, I am from China .although, English is not my native language, but I still want to write something to share my experience of overclocking.

This is my Hardwares: K7,R7 1700, f4-3200c14d-16gtzr (8g*2).

on F2 BIOS:

keep everything default, only open XMP. When I starting up or reboot, the memory frequency sometimes works at 3200, sometimes 2133... don't use the XMP,use Manual mode(32,14 14 14 34),the result is Same.Obviously, my luck is bad...I try to solve the problem. I searched in Google and found here. I read all your replies.Finally,I found the perfect BIOS settings for me.

Step 1: basic settings
(1) restore default settings in BIOS (Load Optimized Defaults)
(2) AMD Cool&Quiet function, Disabled

Step 2: overclocking CPU Frequency >3700 Even if it can works in default BIOS settings. Don't let it AUTO.

For example, I can work at 3800 in default BIOS settings. In this case, we all know that when the CPU 100% load, the core valtage is about 1.188V (more often, it seems to be 1.176v). Yes, my R7 1700 can work at 3800,in default BIOS settings, it can be through a variety of tests -- ADA64 5.90.4200 (single FPU, dual CPU&FPU, or default four, each combination can last 10 minutes +), prime95 29.1.1.0 (1,2,3),and so on.However, the memory cann't be 3200.So, I think about the default BIOS settings, is he hiding something,limiting the memory to 3200? is he thinking the fundamental frequency of r7 1700 in default BIOS settings(3.0Ghz) is too low to Coordination the memory of 3200Mhz?

This time, I kept the CPU 3800 frequency, but i didn't use the in default BIOS settings,I didn't let the motherboard adjust the voltage automatically. i do this:
CPU Vcore---> Normal
Dynamic Vcore(DVID) --->+0.0675
CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration--->High

ok,it works! it can boot to operating system.in windows 10 (1703),when the CPU 1% load,both CPU-Z and ADA64 shows the cpu core voltage: 1.260(Very little time 1.248).in tests,the CPU 100% load,the cpu core voltage: 1.260(constant).

Step 3: then , overclocking memory Frequency,don't use the XMP.
XMP--->disable
System Memory Multiplier-->32
Memory Timing Mode--> Advanced Manual
Channel A Memory Sub Timings--->14 14 14 14 34
Channel B Memory Sub Timings--->14 14 14 14 34
DRAM Voltage-->1.35v
DRAM Termination--->0.675v

when i finished these 3 steps, do you know what happened? Whether starting up or reboot,my pc works perfectly with cpu 3.8Ghz & memory 3200Mhz now...

Hope these information is useful for you!

the poin is: overclocking cpu up to 3.8Ghz first of all,then,overclocking memory
the poin is: overclocking cpu up to 3.8Ghz first of all,then,overclocking memory.
the poin is: overclocking cpu up to 3.8Ghz first of all,then,overclocking memory.

Important things are to be repeated for 3 times!!!
post #748 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpacket View Post

Yeah I think this reboot trick started working with the latest F3E beta BIOS. Prior to this, I was limited to 2933Mhz (or a little higher with bclock adjustments). With further reading, it appears the K7 lacks DRAM boost voltage functionality which is a shame so I don't think there's any way to currently fix this (unless Gigabyte patches this via a new BIOS release?).

I found a workaround but it's not ideal. You can simply set the memory to XMP but manually change memory speed to a lower value like 2133Mhz. The board appears to not have cold boot issues with the RAM set to 2133. Once in Windows, I can get then apply a profile with AMD Ryzen Master that boosts the memory back to 3200Mhz and the sets the CPU speed. I would prefer to do this via the BIOS so I can run other OS's etc but this will do for now.

Next step is to add another 32GB to see how fast I can get with 64GB smile.gif Hopefully the memory controller on my CPU is able to handle higher speeds with 4 sticks biggrin.gif


I can get it boot on 3200 manually with the F3E , having same issues like yours when cold boot . Will try your method tonight. Thanks man .
post #749 of 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by x370k7 View Post

Hello, I am from China .although, English is not my native language, but I still want to write something to share my experience of overclocking.

This is my Hardwares: K7,R7 1700, f4-3200c14d-16gtzr (8g*2).

on F2 BIOS:

keep everything default, only open XMP. When I starting up or reboot, the memory frequency sometimes works at 3200, sometimes 2133... don't use the XMP,use Manual mode(32,14 14 14 34),the result is Same.Obviously, my luck is bad...I try to solve the problem. I searched in Google and found here. I read all your replies.Finally,I found the perfect BIOS settings for me.

Step 1: basic settings
(1) restore default settings in BIOS (Load Optimized Defaults)
(2) AMD Cool&Quiet function, Disabled

Step 2: overclocking CPU Frequency >3700 Even if it can works in default BIOS settings. Don't let it AUTO.

For example, I can work at 3800 in default BIOS settings. In this case, we all know that when the CPU 100% load, the core valtage is about 1.188V (more often, it seems to be 1.176v). Yes, my R7 1700 can work at 3800,in default BIOS settings, it can be through a variety of tests -- ADA64 5.90.4200 (single FPU, dual CPU&FPU, or default four, each combination can last 10 minutes +), prime95 29.1.1.0 (1,2,3),and so on.However, the memory cann't be 3200.So, I think about the default BIOS settings, is he hiding something,limiting the memory to 3200? is he thinking the fundamental frequency of r7 1700 in default BIOS settings(3.0Ghz) is too low to Coordination the memory of 3200Mhz?

This time, I kept the CPU 3800 frequency, but i didn't use the in default BIOS settings,I didn't let the motherboard adjust the voltage automatically. i do this:
CPU Vcore---> Normal
Dynamic Vcore(DVID) --->+0.0675
CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration--->High

ok,it works! it can boot to operating system.in windows 10 (1703),when the CPU 1% load,both CPU-Z and ADA64 shows the cpu core voltage: 1.260(Very little time 1.248).in tests,the CPU 100% load,the cpu core voltage: 1.260(constant).

Step 3: then , overclocking memory Frequency,don't use the XMP.
XMP--->disable
System Memory Multiplier-->32
Memory Timing Mode--> Advanced Manual
Channel A Memory Sub Timings--->14 14 14 14 34
Channel B Memory Sub Timings--->14 14 14 14 34
DRAM Voltage-->1.35v
DRAM Termination--->0.675v

when i finished these 3 steps, do you know what happened? Whether starting up or reboot,my pc works perfectly with cpu 3.8Ghz & memory 3200Mhz now...

Hope these information is useful for you!

the poin is: overclocking cpu up to 3.8Ghz first of all,then,overclocking memory
the poin is: overclocking cpu up to 3.8Ghz first of all,then,overclocking memory.
the poin is: overclocking cpu up to 3.8Ghz first of all,then,overclocking memory.

Important things are to be repeated for 3 times!!!

You probably using Samsung B Die kits which Ryzen love . You are lucky one , amazing with the load voltage with 3.8 .
post #750 of 1615
Got the latest version of Prime95 and ran a blend test for 20 minutes. VRM's sat around 55c according to hwinfo64 and 2 degrees less according to my IR thermometer. This is with my 1800x at 4Ghz using 1.36v. I'm sure with realistic usage the VRM's stay under 50c.
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD RYZEN R7 1800X @4Ghz Asrock x370 Fatal1ty Professional Nvidia GTX 1080 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung 49KS8000 Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  Corsair M65 RGB Custom SF 49ERS mouse pad Philips X1 headphones with V-MODA BoomPro mic 
Audio
Sound BlasterX Katana 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion