Today, Windows 10 popped up the warning about an automatic restart at 2:15 for updates. I chose to restart now so I didn't have to worry about it at 2:15. It did restart and applied the updates (or so I thought), but then at 2:15 it restarted again but with no warning. Thanks Microsoft...
Currently I keep 10 in a VM for specific tasks for work. Windows 7 is my main OS. The short time I had 10 as my main OS, my PC was unreliable, the most annoying issue being the 100% disk usage at random. If this OS was truly free, than the bugs wouldn't bother me much, but for a purchased product this is unacceptable. For anyone who cares about the issues, they're in the spoiler.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Forced Automatic install without consent.
- Disk usage at 100% randomly.
- Applications delayed opening/closing.
- Updates removing compatible software (For example, RSAT).
- Updates reinstalling bloatware.
- Updates enabling features I disabled.
- Updates deleting files.
- Updates automatically restarting PC without user consent.
- Start menu breaking.
- Edge failing to load many websties, including Microsoft's own website.
- Hyper-V manager taking minutes to load other Hyper-V connected hosts (Instant on 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 2008 R2 / 2012R2).
- Xbox DVR causing low FPS in games, even when not used.
- Cannot change window colors without modifying the registry or hand writing a custom theme.
- Cannot edit an existing Wi-Fi connection.
- Cannot remove / disable some applications.
- Cannot fully disable additional telemetry (more load on the PC, more data usage).
- Cannot leave feedback without fully enabling telemetry.
- Built in calculator extremely delayed starting.
- No more "disable desktop composition" for app compatibility.
- No basic windows theme.
- Options are scattered between control panel and "Settings" panel, instead of being in 1 place.
- Default view of Task Manager is useless (one click and you're done, still pointless to even have it).
- Just like cable tv, ads.
- Higher RAM usage (all that telemetry and other useless background apps that can't be disabled without some sort of hack).
- Picture viewer is slow and less functional. (Requires workaround to use the old one).
- Windows store flooded with malware.