Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How To Flash A Different BIOS On Your 1080 Ti.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How To Flash A Different BIOS On Your 1080 Ti. - Page 15

post #141 of 341
I would really like to watch a video of you running a benchmark (superposition or timespy) at 1.075v+ with RSS running.

You also have the capability of measuring your system power using corsair link like Bloodhawk and I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

I've heard other peeps say Asus BIOS and shunt mod work fine. wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCosmic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Confirmed which point? The Asus bios being no good?

The part about shunt mod not working with ASUS BIOS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperC View Post

I did the shunt mod today but it hasn't made a difference in the power consumption, As a matter of fact it seems like the power slider now does nothing I used thermal grizzly I don't know if that makes a difference

That's 3 people here that say it doesn't work. wink.gif

I'd like for you to explain to me why this is happening if it works then. Power limiting, downclocking, voltage dropping at 1.075v



And immediately after doing a test with stock and shunt



The only reason why I'm being critical about this is because of my findings as well as 3 other users. I don't want to mislead a community into thinking that the ASUS bios will make their FE run like an ASUS Strix when it's not going to run like an ASUS strix at all.
Edited by SlimJ87D - 4/19/17 at 5:38pm
post #142 of 341
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

I would really like to watch a video of you running a benchmark (superposition or timespy) at 1.075v+ with RSS running.

You also have the capability of measuring your system power using corsair link like Bloodhawk and I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

I've heard other peeps say Asus BIOS and shunt mod work fine. wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCosmic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Confirmed which point? The Asus bios being no good?

The part about shunt mod not working with ASUS BIOS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperC View Post

I did the shunt mod today but it hasn't made a difference in the power consumption, As a matter of fact it seems like the power slider now does nothing I used thermal grizzly I don't know if that makes a difference

That's 3 people here that say it doesn't work. wink.gif

I'd like for you to explain to me why this is happening if it works then. Power limiting, downclocking, voltage dropping at 1.075v



And immediately after doing a test with stock and shunt



The only reason why I'm being critical about this is because of my findings as well as 3 other users. I don't want to mislead a community into thinking that the ASUS bios will make their FE run like an ASUS Strix when it's not going to run like an ASUS strix at all.

You are right and I am wrong. Seems to be a theme with you.

My PhysX card has nothing to do with it. And without a shunt mod benchmarks don't always pull full load. Every time I tell you something you ignore it.

The nvidia-smi command tells the wattage on each card separately. And because my other card is dedicated PhysX and none of these benchmarks use PhysX, only a few games do, it doesn't even go above minimum clocks and the voltage on it never increases. It doesn't matter what benchmark I run the card never increases the voltage, and like I said, the voltage output on the smi command is a completely separate window for that card. The Asus voltage is ONLY showing the voltage readings on the Asus card.

And I also told you when running benchmarks the power limit on the card doesn't always stay maxed out. It goes up and down from 90-130% changing constantly depending on the load at the time the benchmark is pulling. It DOESN"T stay maxed out at maximum power limits on the card.

But, 'expletive deletive', you're going to ignore everything I say once again. And if Asus BIOS is bad, explain my 11098 TimeSpy on it a few days back. rolleyes.gif


    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

You are right and I am wrong. Seems to be a theme with you.

My PhysX card has nothing to do with it. And without a shunt mod benchmarks don't always pull full load. Every time I tell you something you ignore it.

The nvidia-smi command tells the wattage on each card separately. And because my other card is dedicated PhysX and none of these benchmarks use PhysX, only a few games do, it doesn't even go above minimum clocks and the voltage on it never increases. It doesn't matter what benchmark I run the card never increases the voltage, and like I said, the voltage output on the smi command is a completely separate window for that card. The Asus voltage is ONLY showing the voltage readings on the Asus card.

And I also told you when running benchmarks the power limit on the card doesn't always stay maxed out. It goes up and down from 90-130% changing constantly depending on the load at the time the benchmark is pulling. It DOESN"T stay maxed out at maximum power limits on the card.

But, 'expletive deletive', you're going to ignore everything I say once again. And if Asus BIOS is bad, explain my 11098 TimeSpy on it a few days back. rolleyes.gif



I've only been skeptical because a group of us can't recreate what you do. So maybe we're all doing something wrong with the ASUS bios that you're doing right, I don't know. Honestly, wish we could figure out why it works for you but not us as it would benefit everyone.
post #144 of 341
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

You are right and I am wrong. Seems to be a theme with you.

My PhysX card has nothing to do with it. And without a shunt mod benchmarks don't always pull full load. Every time I tell you something you ignore it.

The nvidia-smi command tells the wattage on each card separately. And because my other card is dedicated PhysX and none of these benchmarks use PhysX, only a few games do, it doesn't even go above minimum clocks and the voltage on it never increases. It doesn't matter what benchmark I run the card never increases the voltage, and like I said, the voltage output on the smi command is a completely separate window for that card. The Asus voltage is ONLY showing the voltage readings on the Asus card.

And I also told you when running benchmarks the power limit on the card doesn't always stay maxed out. It goes up and down from 90-130% changing constantly depending on the load at the time the benchmark is pulling. It DOESN"T stay maxed out at maximum power limits on the card.

But, 'expletive deletive', you're going to ignore everything I say once again. And if Asus BIOS is bad, explain my 11098 TimeSpy on it a few days back. rolleyes.gif



I've only been skeptical because a group of us can't recreate what you do. So maybe we're all doing something wrong with the ASUS bios that you're doing right, I don't know. Honestly, wish we could figure out why it works for you but not us as it would benefit everyone.

And I'm skeptical of you because I've only heard you say Asus BIOS doesn't work. I honestly can't recall anyone else mention that but you. frown.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

And I'm skeptical of you because I've only heard you say Asus BIOS doesn't work. I honestly can't recall anyone else mention that but you. frown.gif

Nico, kraxkills and bloodhawk have shared the same results, did you miss their posts?

Honestly, we'd all love to benefit from it, but for me right now, flashing it doesn't support the shunt mod, it doesn't recognize it and jumps everywhere unless if I'm doing something wrong with it. But we all must be doing something wrong.
post #146 of 341
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

And I'm skeptical of you because I've only heard you say Asus BIOS doesn't work. I honestly can't recall anyone else mention that but you. frown.gif

Nico, kraxkills and bloodhawk have shared the same results, did you miss their posts?

Honestly, we'd all love to benefit from it, but for me right now, flashing it doesn't support the shunt mod, it doesn't recognize it and jumps everywhere unless if I'm doing something wrong with it. But we all must be doing something wrong.

You may be right about the shunt mod, I dunno for sure, no way to test it currently.

But my guides have been focusing on cards with no shunt mods, mostly because my card sits vertical and not everyone wants to do it. I've seen you say your results no shunt mod were not as good, I've seen a few say the Asus BIOS helps some, but I don't recall anyone saying they got worse results with it, unless they never figured out you get higher stable clocks with it like I did, and how to set the voltage curve to the lowest voltage and clocks it won't power limit at which I have found to better voltages and clock speed than stock BIOS.

But I've done a ton of testing and experimenting with both BIOs's to figure this out. smile.gif

Lower voltages, higher clock speed, no power limiting, benefit!! Not all of us can or will do a shunt mod. redface.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5960X Asus Sabertooth X99 Gigabyte 1080 Ti Founders Edition Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1.2TB Intel 750 PCI-E SSD 2TB Western Digital Black EKWB Predator 360 With One Titan X In Loop. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB280HK 4K Gsync QNIX QX2710 LED 27" WQHD 2560x1440 Corsair AX1500i Thermaltake Core X9 
MouseMouse Pad
MadKatz R.A.T. 8 Zowie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post

You may be right about the shunt mod, I dunno for sure, no way to test it currently.

But my guides have been focusing on cards with no shunt mods, mostly because my card sits vertical and not everyone wants to do it. I've seen you say your results no shunt mod were not as good, I've seen a few say the Asus BIOS helps some, but I don't recall anyone saying they got worse results with it, unless they never figured out you get higher stable clocks with it like I did, and how to set the voltage curve to the lowest voltage and clocks it won't power limit at which I have found to better voltages and clock speed than stock BIOS.

But I've done a ton of testing and experimenting with both BIOs's to figure this out. smile.gif

Lower voltages, higher clock speed, no power limiting, benefit!! Not all of us can or will do a shunt mod. redface.gif

Alright, I'll justify let it be. But you convinced me it's working for you.

Did you look at kraxkills last photos? He built a coffin around his shunt so no liquid can fall out. I think itll work for you.
post #148 of 341
I am personally not willing to do the shunt mod, because it brings you maximally 3% in heavy power usage benchmarks, but no real benefit in games and there is a change of getting BIOS with higher power limit in the near future, right now i am using the Inno3D X4 BIOS, seems like it has the highest real power limit for FE right now.
post #149 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCosmic View Post

I am personally not willing to do the shunt mod, because it brings you maximally 3% in heavy power usage benchmarks, but no real benefit in games and there is a change of getting BIOS with higher power limit in the near future, right now i am using the Inno3D X4 BIOS, seems like it has the highest real power limit for FE right now.

Link to file?
post #150 of 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blotto80 View Post

Link to file?

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/191230/191230
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How To Flash A Different BIOS On Your 1080 Ti.